• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unusual countries: huge Flanders in Egypt and Kingdom of Templars in Sicily.

TemplarsandFlanders.jpg

The largest army in a single province I ever saw. Funnily enough it does not suffer attrition:

LargeArmy.jpg

Preparations for the largest battler:

PreparationforBattle.jpg

My army just before landing in Cyprus:

Battle.jpg

The largest battle ever. Unfortunately I lost it:

LostBattle.jpg

You lost only because of landing. Should've landed on other half of Cyprus first. ;)
But 200k stack without attrition is OP. :closedeyes:

Ye, NezzeOne, you are right. And you are :ninja:

I was afraid to lose a half of army because of attrition if I landed it in the Northern Cyprus.

The biggest blow was 145,000 mercenaries concentrated in the centre, who broke my centre first, then the right flank and the left flank afterwards. I never saw so many mercenaries in one army.

I've seen the Ilkhanate Field a 120k stack in my latest Russian Game. No attrition either. By that time I had the largest Army of all european countries, 90k, which was no match for them to begin with, but also suffered from otherworldly amounts of attrition the moment I tried to group it, making resistance wholly futile.

Is this a new "feature" to make Horde factions more powerful? Seems awfully gamey...

the mongols have always had that, what are you talking about?
About the same total number of troops, yes, but in all my older games they had it split up into 25k stacks (which were still hard to beat since the supply limit per province was lower). Never before LoR have I seen them field their whole army in 1 province without attrition.

And to add something on topic, Riddle me this:
98B7A2D8010D5D3AFBD39704806478932B912F55

Last edited:
I've shown him before, but he has still improved a little before he died - King Emperor Artus the Wise. I mean, base stats like that aren't all that common, right...?
(While I did name him Artus (i.e. Arthur), I didn't quite expect he'd become... like this. Greatest ruler ever)

Everybody lies! Even the honest ones!
XD

Omg, and the stats of the kid had to be through the roof...

And to add something on topic, Riddle me this:

Muslim Galicia? o.0 I'd imagine it must have been via Jihad where a Duke was main contributor. Bit interesting though.

Wait.... that still doesn't work either.... What happened?! o.0

Muslim Galicia? o.0 I'd imagine it must have been via Jihad where a Duke was main contributor. Bit interesting though.

Wait.... that still doesn't work either.... What happened?! o.0
Also notice the Duchy of Castille, suspiciously lacking a King.

As far as I could reconstruct the events, it was a story for the gods:
The King of Galicia inherited the Castillian Throne from his brother (and infant son), who were both murdered on the orders of a mayor (probably backed by one of the Jimenas). So far, that's our usual Iberian infighting.
But this is where things get interesting, for the old King had in fact two sons, the older one being a bastard. He somehow avoided succumbing to a bad case of dagger himself, and took control of the Duchy (but not the Kingdom) of Castille.
It is not clear wether he inherited it from his brother (being a legitimized bastard) or wether it was a well timed plot, but in any case, he got it and promptly raised his flags in rebellion against the Usurper, killing him and his army.

So we now have an independent Duchy of Castille, and the crown of Galicia (and Castille, sans any actual holdings) being passed on to a Portugese, who rules for 2 years before loosing a Jihad to a Maghreb Emir called "Mali the Confessor". This was 10 years before the above picture was taken, so Galicia stayed a Kingdom under Mali for quite a while.

Fast forward 20 years (the time my game is in now, and the time I'm trying to reconstruct the events), it turns out that Galicia is now a proper Sultanate under Mali's son. Castille is still independent under the Bastard's son, who's also married to his fathers half-sister (eww), the old Princess of Castille. The Crown was lost together with the Galician one when Mali took over. The guy who lost it (the son of our kinslayer-Galician) has ironically fled to the court of the Bastard Duke's son, which must make for interesting dinner conversations (remember that time when my father killed your father who killed my grandfather?). Anyway, checking Mali, it appears that he died a Maghreb Muslim.
So my guess is that our "confessor", despite being born and raised on the african coast, was of european culture (and possibly religion, hence his nickname) at some point in time. He was then dragged into the Jihad as part of his liege's forces and did an admirable job killing his far-away brothers of the faith, before he finally chose to convert to Maghreb Culture/Islam in the catholic castillian highlands of northern Iberia.

Guess he was just a rebel at heart :p

Last edited:
My 24-year-old genius son liked to look lustfully at a 52-year old baroness. And it happened not once or twice but 6 or 7 times. I'm not against it, but why that old hag? He could simply find some young busty courtier and try to "give her a good tumble", as his father did.
ck29z.png

My 24-year-old genius son liked to look lustfully at a 52-year old baroness. And it happened not once or twice but 6 or 7 times. I'm not against it, but why that old hag? He could simply find some young busty courtier and try to "give her a good tumble", as his father did.
ck29z.png
You're character looks serious with his headband & moustache 0_0