• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pDVx3.jpg

Random courtier asks Duke Diego I de Vivar to join his plot to kill Duke Diego I de Vivar.. lolwut. Fortunately, nothing happened.

And you've officially made me want to start as El Cid. Independent Count in Spain... Santiago y cierra España!

I don't think my wife likes me now, and not sure she's all that warm towards her mother ... had a child with her mother, making my infant son my own half-brother-in-law :D Hapburgish family relationship

UzIjQ.jpg

Alighiero has become eternal king of Jerusalem! (140 years ruled)
He was the first king of Jerusalem after the split from the main kingdom.
There is now a Di Calari king of Aragon, Castille and Leon; a king of Sardinia and Corsica who also controls most of central Italy; and the Jerusalem line who are also grandmaster of the hospitaliers.
8wKgk.jpg

And you've officially made me want to start as El Cid. Independent Count in Spain... Santiago y cierra España!
Everyone should want to play as El Cid, it's an easy start if you know what you are doing. I was lucky that i managed to manufacture a duchy claim though, it would have taken 50 years for me to expand otherwise. Only problem I had was Aragon expanding, and the ever-looming islamic neighbour to the south.

Everyone should want to play as El Cid, it's an easy start if you know what you are doing. I was lucky that i managed to manufacture a duchy claim though, it would have taken 50 years for me to expand otherwise. Only problem I had was Aragon expanding, and the ever-looming islamic neighbour to the south.

I gave up 3 years in when the big bad Muslims of Iberia simultaneously declared holy war on me before I could swear fealty to Castille. -.- I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it.

El Cid must have just punched out all the invading Muslims. Only explanation.

I gave up 3 years in when the big bad Muslims of Iberia simultaneously declared holy war on me before I could swear fealty to Castille. -.- I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it.

Or simply:

28079788.jpg

As for me, a couple of weird thing, starting with:

A 12 years old Bishop. Yes sir.

12yobishop.jpg

And a random noble that appeared in my court. I called him "the Grand Slam"

grandslami.jpg

CK2+ eliminates this problem. Also, NEVER SWEAR FEALTY TO CASTILLE/LEON, this promotes unification in Iberia and makes it difficult to usurp a throne, it's best to swear fealty to Aragon, since the holy warring will involve all of Christian Iberia & often France, and that Castille blob isn't worth it. Although there is the islamic menace on the loose, it will become weaker as time goes on. In CK2Plus I believe it is possible for you to plot and lead a revolt, and winning will put you on the throne (This is why I have that AI Cornish King of England screenshot). CK2Plus improves the situation for religious and political minorities like El Cid & baltic pagans so there isn't anything to worry about anymore if you play them with ck2plus.

Edit: Wall of Text warning.

Yeah, I just went by two games: one I had to restart when the Almoravids realized, "hey, free count"! and the other I restarted when I realized I'd given an in to the HRE into Iberia when I swore fealty to the Kaiser and he proceeded to steamroll the minor moorish states essentially killing my chances at expansion.

Third time's the charm though. Almoravids decided to annex Valencia the Duchy into their realm which gave me time for my daughters to grow and be married to a prince of Denmark (matrilineally, need to expand the dynasty) which gave me a reliable ally, and then my beautiful beautiful daughter who married the heir to France (normally, but the alliance, my goodness, that alliance...)

Then the Sheikh of Lleida and Tarragona DOWed Urgell when the count revolted against Barcelona, they annexed via assault and where rich enough to usurp the Emirate of Barcelona, I took my chance before they could convert the three counties to Islam and managed to take go from Count of Valencia to Count of Valencia, Lleida, Tarragona and Urgell.

Then disaster struck in the first years of the 1100's! The Emir of Valencia DOWed me for Valencia, my only useful land holding. Thankfully though, Denmark and France rallied to my aid, the newly independent Barcelona counts offered to join the war. And then the Almoravids joined in the fun as well, which I managed to survive thanks to his Iberian blobbishness, Castille who joined in my defense as well.

I won the war against the Emir, and the Sultan Yusuf the Lion died from old age at 64 which brought peace. And the Emir brought about 300 gold, plus a gift from the Pope made my situation a bit more tenable. The succession war between the new Sultan (first son of the first son of Yusuf, though for some reason his father was skipped over and become Emir of Valencia instead of Sultan) and his uncle (the second son of Yusuf) raged for a decade which allowed a nice Reconquista.

First came Murcia, which had broken off, and while that was going on, Ramon Berenguer of Barcelona attacked me. Luckily the gold from the victories allowed me to get two mercenary companies (the small 75 gold ones) to end that war in victory while I kept siegeing Murcia. When that was over I DOWed Barcelona and Empuries to have them as my vassals, and as Barcelona had just been crushed I was able to easily win that and then revoke the title from the guy to move my capital there.

Finally by 1117 there was a Holy order available so I decided to go holy warring one last time with Rodrigo to cash in on his piety and took the loyalist Granada in 1119, and the breakaway Cordoba in Feb 2 1120. Duke Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar of Barcelona then died in March 27 1120 at the grand age of 77 due to severe stress.

His son, Diego, is my current soon to die character at age 72. He usurped the Crown of Aragon, and liberated a recently conquered Sicily which had been invaded by the Fatimid Caliph three months prior. I DOWed him so fast his head must have spun, though he would then return the favor tenfold. Diego Diaz de Vivar has managed to expand into France when the Capets got ousted from the throne itself by pressing the claims of my two daughters by Beatrix de Poitiers, into Gascogne and Aquitaine.

His main claim to fame has got to be the survival against the Second Fatimid Invasion of Sicily. Which also brought the MOFO Sultante of Rum in as an ally, as the sister of the Sultan of Rum is the primary wife of the Sultan of the Fatimids. FML. He also just recently took advantage of a breakaway Seville to annex it to the realm, though now it's time to rebuild...

and get the freaking Empuries back under the Crown of Aragon! How the hell Empuries became part of the Duchy of Britanny and independent when the CA is set to High I'll never know. What's worse is that the Count of Empuries was my vassal and he then became Duke of Britanny. AFAIK, that should mean he's still my vassal, only a Duke instead of a Count!

Oh Noes -- Plot Exposed -- Suicide

What a plot! I reread this 3X as it was just too convoluted :p

exposesuicidalnobel.jpg

*happy dance* for this thread, I have a whole collection; glad to see there are other fans of all the comical (intended or not) dialog.

What a plot! I reread this 3X as it was just too convoluted :p

exposesuicidalnobel.jpg

*happy dance* for this thread, I have a whole collection; glad to see there are other fans of all the comical (intended or not) dialog.

Boys of the same family plotting against each other probably. Both named Otakar von Chiemgau.

...which would still mean that Otakar A tried to kill Otakar B so that Otakar B wouldn't discover Otakar A's plot to kill Otakar B...

Edit: Just kidding. Somehow I had it in my mind that the Spymaster's name was Otakar. It's not.

Last edited: