• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
e165d5b6aa4b234935b0c236e6e6bf60.jpg

Now who dares say that my son has not royal blood ?

All that royal breeding gave him the genius trait.

Gawl Sharon...that boy's got quite the pedigree. And he doesn't have any claims?

Actually, me (King of Sicily) inherited Croatia from my mother, and Sicily from my Father.
I married a daughter of the King of Poland and the Queen of Hungary, and a few assassinations later, she became the heir of both Kingdoms.

My son did not inherit claims because he was enough far in the line of succession when his grand parents died.

But know, he is the heir of Sicily, Croatia and Poland. Soon his mother will inherit Hungary, so he'll inherit that Kingdom as well.

Looks like a promising ruler !

Dunno how weird this is as I just started playing again, but...

9NXHk.jpg

They've been going strong for 200 years even! The ironic part is that the Golden Horde went Orthodox, which I've also never seen (it messes with the demographics of Europe, as my current ruler is called Chagur II even though she's only a quarter mongol at best).

9NXHk.jpg

They've been going strong for 200 years even! The ironic part is that the Golden Horde went Orthodox, which I've also never seen (it messes with the demographics of Europe, as my current ruler is called Chagur II even though she's only a quarter mongol at best).

The Golden Horde going orthodox actually happens more often than them going sunni/shia in my games. I even had one game where the Golden Horde went Orthodox and the Ilkhanate stayed Tengri right until the end-date.

So this is from a work-in-progress mod of mine which moves the start date back to 1000AD. It started with about half the map (all of africa, middle east, turkey and cumania) as randomly generated OPMs. I let it run for a few hundred years as observer, and this happened to western europe (which starts pretty close to the 1066 start):

weirdness-1.png

Things to note:

The Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba formed the empire of Hispania, and controls northern France
Ireland controls Ireland, Aquitaine, and Sicilly
Scotland controls Scotland and Burgundy
England is part of the HRE (and the largest contiguous part of it, no less)
The Pope is based out of Canterbury
Serbia controls Poland
Hungary is oddly completely unaffected by the chaos
Somehow, Iceland is uninhabited... (not shown)

So this is from a work-in-progress mod of mine which moves the start date back to 1000AD. It started with about half the map (all of africa, middle east, turkey and cumania) as randomly generated OPMs. I let it run for a few hundred years as observer, and this happened to western europe (which starts pretty close to the 1066 start):

weirdness-1.png

Things to note:

The Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba formed the empire of Hispania, and controls northern France
Serbia controls Poland

It's a madhouse! A madhouse!!

weirdness-1.png

Things to note:

Serbia controls Poland

I'm loving those Byzantines!

9NXHk.jpg

I've never seen it that consistent. Usually only lasts one ruler.

iisHU.jpg

Ali Ali of Ali Sultanate, founded from a jihad on norman apulia..
OH99G.jpg

I am playing as King of Ireland in these screenies..
Duke Cadoc II of Cornwall started a war against the child great great grandson of King Harold Godwinsson, deposed him, then usurped. The britons are finally taking their ancestral lands back, although a lot of border duchies have broken off. Sadly I was trying to usurp the kid at the same time, but Scotland invaded me to put my sister on the throne, and the Isles has invaded me to landgrab. So inconvenient especially since i was winning against england..

Random courtier asks Duke Diego I de Vivar to join his plot to kill Duke Diego I de Vivar.. lolwut. Fortunately, nothing happened.

You have to give him credit though... on the narrow chance that the Duke agrees, the plot's chance of success should increase dramatically!

You have to give him credit though... on the narrow chance that the Duke agrees, the plot's chance of success should increase dramatically!
It wasn't a plot to kill me, it was a plot to kill the King of Aragon, coincidentally my own man managed to bug his way into the event. I only wasted 29 g's though so it's all good. Cornish king of England is my favourite ironic situation (above screenshot) though, and it's incredibly rare, even more so than heretic religious leaders, although i have had Theocracy of France and Wendish Holy Roman Emperor before, like some others here.