• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm definitely fascinated by the de jure Denmark in France lol. How in the world did that happen? I'm guessing no player influence since you're Bizzy...

Why do you think the Emperor is called Edvard? I started as Denmark, mucked about in the Baltic a bit, then the King of France went heretic and got a crusade called on himself (first crusade actually). Only me, the pope and some minor HRE counts fought but due to the French nobility being all good catholics France barely had any levies so the Crusader army was around 8k troops total (5k from me, 2k papal and 1 k other) while France managed to assemble a single 5k stack before going downhill. France was taken by me while the heretics in Aquitaine (yup thats where they all were) found themselves getting crushed in the aftermath by the HRE and the muslims. meanwhile I usurped France and destroyed it, absorbing its Duchies into Denmark so that Danish culture could flourish there. Around 1350 I had just won a Crusade for Sicily when I inherited the Bizzies and had to load my troops into my ships and head for Greece to fight of Über-Egypt who would crumble during the rest of the century.

Prussian Empire? :confused:

The work of your's truly. It's amazing what a man with patience can do when given Prussian Romuva pagans and a nation of Poles to conquer :D

Chernigov and Fatimids in Germany..........and where's the HRE?

On a good note, the Iberian Kingdoms seem to be doing fine.

Royal Rebels?........Whose?

I actually know how both of those got there ;)

The HRE had a -very- bad rebellion in the mid-12th century, which lead to essentially -all- of Germany splitting away. At the end of the rebellion, it was left with Austria, Luxembourg and Northern Italy. The German princes squabbled, with the Duchess of Swabia actually becoming Queen of Jerusalem in a crusade (she was then promptly invaded and annexed by the Fatimids, which is why they have land there.) The old Piast kings of Poland married into the family of Fraconia and inherited it, and they were in turn inherited by Orthodox Russian Rurikoviches. By that time, I had taken all of Poland, and merely hadn't usurped the title yet. By the time I did, the old Russian-Polish royal family had been exiled to Chernigov and Vladimir in Kiev, but they retained their Fraconian holdings. As for the Holy Roman Empire, the title was destroyed when the Italians revolted against an Occitan dynasty that took the Imperial throne.

Yeah, the Iberian kingdoms are doing just fine. I was actually concerned for them for a while there, but it seems to be that Aragon got its dung straightened out and conquered its de jure land. Now, though, Iberia is a stalemate between Abbadid Andalusia, Granada, and the Jimenas in Leon and Aragon.

Also, the Royal Rebels over in the Crimea are rebelling against the Cumans.

Brittany in Modern day NE Italy and Slovenia..?

Yep. They appear to have inherited Carinthia. They were originally poised to inherit Swabia (headed by aforementioned Duchess turned Queen,) but was then disinherited after she ascended to the throne of Jerusalem. Sometime after that, Germans of house Zahringen somehow managed upon the Breton throne. Go figure!

Last edited:
Think that's weird? My Persia got a Korean dynasty.

6A2BAEE04A5491E0EF414D5B4A9AA9C697EE2212

*golfclap* congrats with knowing how to use Ruler Designer to appear narcissistic

From King of England to a lowly courtier on the borders of Wales. Poor Harold.

DZwpV.jpg

Does he have the depressed malus? It seems like he should.

Not really that funny, but two odd things happened in two different games I've played.

First pic is of a Muslim Rurikovich. Dunno how that happened.

Second one is a Rurikovich Orthodox Tsar of the Golden Horde. This one was with a late start, so apparently the Golden Horde's ruling dynasty didn't have a lot of heirs or something, resulting in the throne going to one of the Russian vassals.

After his forced exile to war-torn Iberia, the pope got a little....strange. Often, he would appear at court in a most....unfashionable manner:
B965039289D728A1D4753903BFD6CCD32F4F613F

..or maybe he just had to leave his papal regalia in the rush. But the madness might have stricken his bishops, too, for their choice of the next pope is somewhat questionable.
34C8ADF026BD7B4C6D905BA06A28BBB1AAD3B7A7

Now he keeps in tradition with the former popes way to dress, and tradition is always a plus for the church, but in this case I wonder.

I'll keep you updated with interesting answers to questions like "Is the pope catholic?"

Last edited:
Beginning a new game as House von Kessel (Ruler Designer), trying to work my way slowly from Lübeck up to the top by securing alliances with powerful nations. I married one of my daughters off to the Byzantine emperor. After he sired a son, he promptly killed her - and now I'm as good as finished.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577842532286829806/57CD49BE2089539603FF800A0FA0A7EA68C72884/

This little brat is now first in line of succession instead of my firstborn son - so now I have to kill him to keep the game running. But I still struggle to understand why the emperor desires lands in Northern Germany.

Edit: Checked again. My duke's daughter was not killed by the emperor himself but by one of his vassals. The emperor's reaction? Marrying some random courtier.

And it seems that I can continue the game: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577842532286953436/BCE87E9A9888174A2D03FB62F5E9C63821000927/

Now I know what revolting vassals mean when they mention "Greek plays". First those guys kill the emperor's wife, then they support some German guy's plot to kill his grandson fathered by their emperor. Don't think they supported his "Drang nach Norden".

Edit2: Okay, now that's just silly.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100192150
The emperor backs my plot to kill the duke who killed my daughter to prompt me to kill my grandson - who was the son of the emperor and heir to my double-duchy. I half expected to get a pop-up with some random Greek duke that all goes according to plan - instead of that the duke I wanted to kill died of severe stress. Too much schemes, I guess?

Edit3: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100194564
OK, someone really wants to remove the Doukas dynasty from power.

Also this:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577842532287294322/E0B297A564EFBE4CC36B2DB4381DCFC8EAABBA7E/
Who sees the strange thing in this screenshot?

Last edited: