• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was playing as an RD count of Gevaudan three years into the game, when I noticed the curiously intact England ruled by the son of Harold of Godwin. So I decided to take a look at what happened.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this.
View attachment 63088View attachment 63089View attachment 63090
First Harald of Norway died against Harold of England (presumably at Stamford Bridge), who then gets himself offed by William the Bastard not two weeks later (also presumably at Hastings). At this point, it seemed like the AI's hell-bent on recreating history, if only being somewhat confused with the timing.

Then William, seemingly unopposed, suddenly went off to join his pals when Godwin of England gave the guy a shank for papa Harold exactly twenty-two months later.

Its like a medevil version of Oprah. "You get to die! You get to die! And you get to die!"

Holy crap the Seljuks were still around in 1357? Also, never seen the Golden Horde actually get to the Atlantic Ocean, pretty damn impressive. How long until civil war takes over though?

3LXsU.jpg

My Sisters family is multicultural ... she's Italian, her son (martilinial marriage) was German, and her grandson have just swapped to Levantine, becomming a Catholic Sultan :D

The Irish Empire of Britannia, 1453

I have control of Great Britain and Ireland, all of the Iberian peninsula, much of northern France and Belgium, Switzerland, smatterings of Germany, a rather large Poland, the Pannonian basin of Hungary, a checkerboard of Kingdoms including Ruthenia, Volga Bulgaria and Russia, the south Balkans, parts of Greece and the Agean Islands, most of Anatolia up to the crest of the Caucuses, all of Africa apart from Algeria and Tunisia, the Balares, Sicily and Malta, almost all of the Arabian Peninsula including a Catholic Mecca, all the near east except for the Holy Lands/Levant coast, and Persia extending towards India.

My leader was both Emperor of Britannia and Byzantium. I realized belatedly that I could not form Hispania because I was not of that culture, alas! Though it must be said that most of the Iberian peninsula had changed its culture to Irish by game-end.

To disclose fully, I admit I did a save-game cheat: I gave my leader all the positive attributes I could think of and boosted his stats to keep the thing from falling apart. His son was an idiot, though, and, as soon as my leader would die -- not long after the game's ending -- I imagine the empire would immediately begin to shatter into oblivion and ignominious factionalism.

Ht2pH.jpg

Not spectacular in any sense, the name just made me smile a bit. Bagge is a hilarious name for a king, and being renowned as "The Fat" even before adulthood can't bode well for the future.

9WtHy.jpg

I lost my screenshot, however, I just had a 45 year old wife get pregnant from my 56 year old, wounded, celibate husband....... not sure which is stranger.

6BB13466214593570830B4163F629ADED0E085E0
(hope this works)
The most impressive thing i've seen the AI do in an observer game.
oddly, 2 of the iberian muslim factions seem to've randomly changed names, how do you get a firstborn son with a different dynasty?

His sister and his uncle are married. To one another.

Exactly :excl:

I guess the first image kind of covers her face so it's hard to see.. or bandwidth problems with dropbox? Are the images still unviewable to you?

The Hapsburgs did it a gazillion times, who's to say some other dynasty can't do it once? ;)

Historically it did happen commonly in a number of cultures, but medieval Europe was not one of those, to my knowledge (it did happen quite often in ancient Greece, for instance).

Although in terms of the game that would be kind of rare, and technically historically it would have required papal approval. Anyhow, I once put on the marry_anyone console command in one of my games, and after several decades, I got some really, really, really... interesting relationships.