• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ck2_5.jpg

Asperger dynasty? Nice one, Paradox. Bonus points because the founder (as well as the current leader) is named Hans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Asperger).

Has the Asperger dynasty always been in the game, by any chance?

In my "Cordoba Caliphate Restoration" game, I ended up conquering France (unintentionally initially), but that's not the strange part of the screenshot.

I decided to say "fuck it" and attack the HRE since they were in a massive civil war, and I used the "Invasion of Germany" CB. I succeeded. When that happened.... well.. the HRE literally just disappeared altogether. That's right - the HRE doesn't exist at all anymore in that game. The last ever Emperor ended up being a vassal Count of mine. The rest of the HRE all split up into independent kingdoms & duchies (and a few independent counties).

Also interestingly, there are creation conditions for the HRE but in all likeliness it will never be formed again as it requires 80% of it's de jure territory controlled. At the time of it's dissolution it had 90. Meaning 72 provinces. It's gone forever!

Oh, also you might lol @ how incredibly successful the Azizid Sultanate has been. I've been allied with them for quite some time.

As far as Denmark's success goes, I've been allied with them for 2 generations, first through a betrothal with my daughter & their son, and then after that a straight-up marriage to their queen (I didn't do anything gamey either, it just turned out that way).

Also check out the huge Genoa! I love it when a republic does so well.

203770_screenshots_2012-07-18_00001.jpg

RandomMayor: Show some mercy! Release this man please!
Me: I haven't shown mercy in a while. The guy hates me tho, so I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse.

WBEUS.png

Twelve days? Really? Aznar must simply LOVE spending time in the dungeon!

The result of leaving your baby in a playpen with bars 24/7 for five+ years straight...

Well, that leaves me in a bit of a pickle...

My first game starting as a king! I went with the Fatimids, my king [only one so far] has been great. Killed the Seljuks, took Greece, Arabian Peninsula, and butchered an utterly, painfully weak crusade for Greece.

Once that business is finished I go to stage an invasion for Anatolia but can't find the option - then see I'll be losing piety for any war I have with the Byzantines...
ck2_41.jpg

Oh. Well that's interesting...

His grandmother[an empress dowager] ended up as my vassal after my invasion of Greece, I converted her, and that's how I presume he found his way to the faith. None of his other family are Shia [their loss...]

Obviously, I want his empire, and he only became Emperor in Jan of that year [autosave beckons...] but an organic Shia Byzantine Empire is pretty cool, almost worth working around...

100% decadence though - I've never witnessed a desert warrior takeover - I'm guessing at 100% they'll be in and out before the year is out. That in itself might be worth keeping them around for...

"We're here to take this once fine Islamic empire from your decadent paws"
'Well, this has only been an Islamic empire for 3 months'
"Silence you jackal! Pass us the keys to the harem"

I'd be interested to see whether they'd be a Greek dynasty or Arab - and why does it still say the nation's name and not the dynasties?

Last edited:
I had a fantastic game as King of the Ethiopians. Started at 1066. Below are some of the interesting screenshots of that game:-

1. Slowly working my way up North setting the path to conquer Egypt. Notice that the stubborn Fatimid Caliph is not willing to surrender even though he is losing at -99% warscore.

2012-07-13_00002.jpg

2. Creating the destroyed title of King of Nubia. Avenged the Nubians who were annihilated within 10 mins into the game by the Fatamids.

2012-07-13_00003.jpg

3. Through diplomatic marriage the Ethiopian bloodline has extended to the Kingdom of France. As evidenced by the appearance of the French King. What a pity he is not of the Zagwe dynasty. Apparently he is not loved by his own people. I hope that is not a skin colour issue.

2012-07-15_00001.jpg

4. The moment the Ethiopians all longed for. Even though their bitter rivals the Fatimids had long fallen due to their own decadence.

2012-07-16_00001.jpg

2012-07-16_00002.jpg

5. Jihad for Egypt. A disastrous moment...for the invaders. The moral authority of Sunni after the failed jihad is...0.

2012-07-17_00001.jpg

2012-07-17_00002.jpg

2012-07-17_00004.jpg

2012-07-17_00007.jpg

6. The religious conversion work is almost complete.

2012-07-17_00005.jpg

7. Holy war invasion of Damietta in the final moments of the game.

2012-07-17_00008.jpg

2012-07-17_00009.jpg

2012-07-17_00010.jpg

Last edited:
Now...that's just beautiful. How many tries or reloads did it take to accomplish?

Surprisingly not that many. I did think of reloading when that Jihad was called against me; but thought why not give it a try and it turned out that the Caliph had really overestimated his own force.

Most of the provinces were captured at the same time as the two crusades for Jerusalem took place when the Egyptians were busy fending off the Catholic crusaders. I was literally a nuisance in their back yard which they had no time to deal with my little stacks. In early game the ERE (before it fractured into pieces due to internal politics) also helped by declaring holy wars against the Fatamids. In the first picture you can see that there was a Mamluk heavy cavalry stack near Aswan; it was lucky for the warscore to have reached 100 before they came charging into my captured lands.

Might probably be revisiting this save in the future; if so it'd be nice if the Kingdom of Jerusalem be wiped out (it now no longer controls Jerusalem) such that a third crusade can be called : p

Some interesting things from my Munster - Ireland game

The isles took over Scotland! The king of Scotland converted to a catholic heresy and the Isles conquered them in a series of holy wars.

Sweden converts back to the Norse religion.

Browsing through my family tree, looking for more claimants that I needed to off before the next Empress came to the throne, I found this gem:

xANL2.png

ZvFeT.png

I looked into his background. It seems that his father, Gilin Sithrigi, imported a foreign mail order bride from Russia. However, he and his brother were caught supporting various claimants to the throne of England very soon after she arrived, and thus were executed for treason. Gilin's new wife spent very little time packing her things and quickly returned to her father's court in Mongol occupied Russia.

I don't know if this is unusual in CKII, but by constantly going against the pope's actions across several under years and undermining his religious authority, I have nearly managed to eradicate catholicism from the map,

See this religious map.
2012-07-19_00001.jpg.

I started as william the bastard and ended as emperor of Britania with something like 16 or 17 kingdoms under my control. I have been a Fraticelli for a very long time of course.

I've got a bunch, after a couple of long games.
PkJVC.jpg

WtDyk.jpg

n0vAw.jpg

All-female Iberia!

EPbgO.jpg

Islamic Abyssinia and a Christian exclave of the Shia Caliphate. I think someone got mixed up.

pXFr2.jpg

Feudal LAD

oEZ8K.jpg

In fair Salerno, where we lay our scene...

5SMle.jpg

Mr. T?