• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As someone who does not own this game yet, how can you tell a character is pregnant from that sheet?

As someone who does not own this game yet, how can you tell a character is pregnant from that sheet?

Up there underneath the stats, the stats that show the numbers.

There is a bar with little itty bitty pictures that represent traits such as wroth, just, cruel, fat gluttonus pigs, such things like that. Well on that same bar is where it says if a person is pregnant and its represented by a bird carrying a package...you know like they show babies being carried in the old timer cartoons.

But that picture represents a pregnant character. So therefore we have our first ever pregnant man and its the Kaiser too boot :p Or perhaps he's really a female and that would explain why everyone thinks he's gay and how he ended up being prego lol

Apparently imprisoned bishops spend their time in feasts...

2e1c5rk.jpg

The only solution is to imprison him again!

Yep, and I even didn't notice when did it happen to my then-heir. I wonder whether it has something to do with him being homosexual...

I don't know. I've had a few homosexual rulers before, and none of them have gotten pregnant. Sounds like a rare bug, like when the game accidentally allows gay marriages and doesn't seem to notice.

Edit: On a different topic, this multiple ward thing reminds me of the exploit in the first Crusader Kings where if you sent out a bunch of marriage proposals at once, all the ones returning on the same day would be considered by the AI in a vacuum. Meaning you could have multiple wives. I had a king once in that game with something like seven wives at once. :laugh:

First thing I saw, the name. Second thing I saw, the huge number of wards. Third thing I saw, his insane prestige. Then I saw that he was pregnant.

Insane prestige? If you have a king that has a long life in iberia you can easily get thousands of prestige (thanks to holy wars). I believe my one king had around 9k prestige. :)

Insane prestige? If you have a king that has a long life in iberia you can easily get thousands of prestige (thanks to holy wars). I believe my one king had around 9k prestige. :)

As the King of Aquitaine I managed to get 11k prestige and 4k piety for a total of 15k score. A large part of that was thanks to forming Jerusalem after winning a crusade and it also helped that he lived to his late 70s reigned for 56 years and came by the title of great honestly.

And some screenies of my own:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595845186266549579/D157A8FB42B87C4C6474698926D850700A4BA580/
Look Genoa did something!

And
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843182156083623/62BF025DC8FAFCD401CE98687A5C406268AE4F69/
Not really strange but I thought awesome

And one more
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506891565230654475/8FEFDA9D5CC53963BBB5ECB9341306A100B3CB65/
The war to depose who?

Last edited:
My king of Burgundy had 12.2k prestige 3.1k piety and a hair over 4k in the bank too :) upped the family score from 9k to around 24k when he finally died after almost a 50 year long reign.

But again thats mostly because he won the kingdom of Jerusalem and the Pope loved him for it. But the 3k prestige is pretty high if all you've done is lay around in the castle all day :)

First thing I saw, the name. Second thing I saw, the huge number of wards. Third thing I saw, his insane prestige. Then I saw that he was pregnant.

The name? You mean, the Holy of Holy?

But that picture represents a pregnant character. So therefore we have our first ever pregnant man and its the Kaiser too boot :p Or perhaps he's really a female and that would explain why everyone thinks he's gay and how he ended up being prego lol

Now, that is a reasonable explanation. I guess I should always check for myself whether my son is actually son.

As the King of Aquitaine I managed to get 11k prestige and 4k piety for a total of 15k score. A large part of that was thanks to forming Jerusalem after winning a crusade and it also helped that he lived to his late 70s reigned for 56 years and came by the title of great honestly.

And some screenies of my own:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595845186266549579/D157A8FB42B87C4C6474698926D850700A4BA580/
Look Genoa did something!

And
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843182156083623/62BF025DC8FAFCD401CE98687A5C406268AE4F69/
Not really strange but I thought awesome

And one more
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506891565230654475/8FEFDA9D5CC53963BBB5ECB9341306A100B3CB65/
The war to depose who?

Nice to see Genoa in action, in my last game they were actually turned into Prince-Bishopic by their own vassal. And in the light of previous explanation, I guess the King tried to avoid wroth of his duchess by changing his identity, however she saw through it.

My king of Burgundy had 12.2k prestige 3.1k piety and a hair over 4k in the bank too :) upped the family score from 9k to around 24k when he finally died after almost a 50 year long reign.

But again thats mostly because he won the kingdom of Jerusalem and the Pope loved him for it. But the 3k prestige is pretty high if all you've done is lay around in the castle all day :)

Well, actually he gets over 15 prestige monthly just for being Kaiser, which is 180 prestige yearly, and were he ruling from like 1yo (which was pretty possible as his father died shortly after Claes's birth, too bad his grandfather lived into his eighties), he would accumulate around 5k just for slacking in his castle. But yeah, he had to fight few wars to get there, mostly subjugation of revolts in England.

Behold King Bosón, the first of his name, King of Spain, Aquitaine, Mauretania and Egypt, Lord Protector of the Holy Land and....Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller? :p

881384DFCBA72AE8E757A775AC69E0D100F065F5

The title even seems to have changed to hereditary...and I suppose Lords all over christianity can now raise a crusader army with my King in the lead

Last edited:
ck2_3.jpg

It's hard to see, but this is my entire living family. My count and his siblings and daughters all have many children...but I've been ridiculously unlucky in my coin flips.

ck2_4.jpg

Can you spot what's wrong here? Might be hard to see, though.

ck2_5.jpg

This made me chuckle and wonder how she could have bugged out and gotten this title at the same time. AFAIK it didn't last, though.

ck2_3.jpg

It's hard to see, but this is my entire living family. My count and his siblings and daughters all have many children...but I've been ridiculously unlucky in my coin flips.

ck2_4.jpg

Can you spot what's wrong here? Might be hard to see, though.

I don't really see the problem in the first one, aside from you having no sons, but that isn't really all that odd. Maybe I'm missing something?
In the second one, is that first woman listed as Princess of Rebels? :blink:

1. Well, to explain in more detail...My count has had 6 children. They are all daughters. He has 2 grandchildren. Both are daughters. His two sisters and brothers have had 4 children in total. They are all daughters. This was the point I was vocally shouting "Can I have a fucking male heir PLEASE?" There were lots of unmarried countesses (or heiresses) in France but all I was getting was daughters. This trend hasn't stopped either - my Dukes get an average of 4-5 children, only one of which is male and often very young when the father is in his late 40s or 50s.

2. Yes, the first two women listed are Princesses of Rebels. I wonder who the King is.

lol.jpg

My mom was married to my half-brother.

This is what happens when you marry your mistress off to your son you had with your wife, then you legit your bastards, and you become your bastard because your first son and original heir died.

This is my first real game, so I'm learning still.