• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2012-02-25_00002.jpg

2012-02-25_00001.jpg

scn1.jpg

scn2.jpg

This happens when an enemy of the crusade target (such as a rebel) takes only the castle before the crusaders arrive. So when the crusaders come in, usually only having two or three provinces that they can really take, they take the barons and cities, peace out, and end up with this. In the second one, you can see that some crusaders took all the lower titles, probably 100 or 200 years prior, only for the HRE to come in later and actually take the province. For a long, long time, the province was a Muslim Bejan province with a bunch of Croatian fiefs. The fiefs would even get their levies raised, and a few hundred troops would vanish into the fog in the east. I wonder where they were going?

scn3.jpg

It used to be Leon-Castille-Wales (Jimena dynasty, removed from Spain by 200 years), but somehow it got split up, and now the two sides morph into different shapes every few years. Wales used to be one province a few years ago. Then it owned all the titles. Now it's split again.

So I went to war with the Count of Northumberland, which promised to be a quick and easy war, since I controlled all the rest of England and all of Wales. I wipe out their armies and siege their holdings, but what's this?

s640x640

Even after occupying all holdings in the county, I'm only at 56% war score. That's a bit odd, since he doesn't have any other titles than that single county. After a little bit of digging though, I find this:

s640x640.png

Ahh! He has vassals. Wait. He has what vassals?

s640x640.png

Yes, the Count of Cumberland has vassals of a city and a bishopric in the holy land. In otherwise-muslim territory. If that makes any sense to you, then I want to know how, because this makes no sense to me.

Instead of mounting a crusade against Cumberland, I decided to let him come to me. Occasionally, a small force of one or two hundred soldiers would arrive on my shores and quickly get anihilated. And then, eventually:

000cb5ah.png

21 years later, my quick and easy war finally comes to a close.

Attachments

• s640x640.png
    s640x640.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 483
That doesn't say anything. the screenshot says Shiite is the dominant religion in Jerusalem (not surprising, since it is controlled by Muslim since the beginning). The actual religion of a person is shown in the character screen.

It also says, that the dominant culture in the province is German; hence, the majority are probably German Shiites.

Meet my weirdest ruler ever so far:

Not only is he fathering a child at ancient age (78) with his 42 year old bride...he also does it being a homosexual man that fathered a bunch of children after he already had 2 male heirs in place..talking about fulfilling your duty...

I also got a message once he was fancying his son...what a weirdo...

Still miss him now..he died at the age of 79 after officially loosing his mind within days...and his heir is the only heretic on my whole court...looks like ruler wise this could be an interesting game..the joys of seniority succesion...

Ohh BTW his last 3 children were all born when he was already beyond 70.

He probably inherited that county. There's no reason Christians can't intermarry with Muslims, after all.
considering that's a bishopric, I kind of doubt it. I imagine he went on a crusade, and the first two were already occupied, so he just started occupying that (and eventually peaced out for it). How the rest of the territory was lost back to muslims but his wasn't I don't know...

So I went to war with the Count of Northumberland, which promised to be a quick and easy war, since I controlled all the rest of England and all of Wales. I wipe out their armies and siege their holdings, but what's this?

Even after occupying all holdings in the county, I'm only at 56% war score. That's a bit odd, since he doesn't have any other titles than that single county. After a little bit of digging though, I find this:

Ahh! He has vassals. Wait. He has what vassals?

Yes, the Count of Cumberland has vassals of a city and a bishopric in the holy land. In otherwise-muslim territory. If that makes any sense to you, then I want to know how, because this makes no sense to me.

Instead of mounting a crusade against Cumberland, I decided to let him come to me. Occasionally, a small force of one or two hundred soldiers would arrive on my shores and quickly get anihilated. And then, eventually:

21 years later, my quick and easy war finally comes to a close.

Probably what happened is that a Crusade was mounted against Ascalon at a time that those territories were occupied by either other Muslims, so that when the Crusaders won, those lands weren't included in the new Crusader states. Then your earl declared a Holy War on whatever faction held that city and bishopric i.e. not the same as the faction with the county.

3ZtZS.jpg
Considering that I have seen a Duchy of Pisa in northern Germany, a Byzantium with its capital on the Caspian shore, and other madness in this same game, this isn't really all that strange, but I found this kinda funny.

Meet my weirdest ruler ever so far:

Not only is he fathering a child at ancient age (78) with his 42 year old bride...he also does it being a homosexual man that fathered a bunch of children after he already had 2 male heirs in place..talking about fulfilling your duty...

I also got a message once he was fancying his son...what a weirdo...

Still miss him now..he died at the age of 79 after officially loosing his mind within days...and his heir is the only heretic on my whole court...looks like ruler wise this could be an interesting game..the joys of seniority succesion...

Ohh BTW his last 3 children were all born when he was already beyond 70.

I got an homosexual daughter that keeps spamming me with "marriage events", asking me to find her a husband. Cant understand these people!

That doesn't say anything. the screenshot says Shiite is the dominant religion in Jerusalem (not surprising, since it is controlled by Muslim since the beginning). The actual religion of a person is shown in the character screen.

IMHO German Shiite is already extraordinary, as in adopting the German culture while maintaining the Shiite religion.

What's important about this screenshot....is that the kaisers name is Poppo.

That's a normal old German name. :) Another one would be Hasso.

Catholic Sultan Henri I of Aragon :S

I have plenty of Rurikovich High Chiefs beside the Dukes in my Poland game, don't know why. GH is Orthodox by the way.

Eeek! I mean, even if it should be fine genetically... marrying one's own descendant. Yuck.

9348BF517A89382B5F4E064EDA45EBEE89BE9682

WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

In my current game I was engineering a succession. I put my king's son there as the duchess's husband but the liege of the duchess "intervened" by having a bastard child with her and my son died soon afterwards.

The King of Norway has a nice tan going on.

1z70s9d.jpg

I had a queen consort Shakira of Poland once. What was annoying was that she was a generic courtier because the heir was outside my control (grandson).

Last edited:
Byzantines had their Manzikert moment early on in my latest game. They got destroyed and half the princeps were captured by the turks, including the emperor. Was pretty funny seeing the Empire implode shortly afterward, even though the turks hardly managed any substantive territorial gains.

ck2_9.jpg

ck2_8.jpg

well that's a pretty good conquest in 1073, Byzantium lost Anatolia by 1085.

From these screenshots, it seems clear to me that the byzantines are not overpowered at all, especially with a post manizkert start. The HRE on the other hand, is very overpowered

9348BF517A89382B5F4E064EDA45EBEE89BE9682

WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

Yeah, the affair mechanic is wonky like that. I once had a king have an affair with his full-blooded daughter. Yes, actual daughter. Not daughter in law, not niece, not even a daughter from a different marriage. The daughter of his current wife and himself. He had the lustful trait so he auto-attempted it, but thankfully was rejected.

Kind of wish I had taken a screenshot, in hindsight.