• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eugenics.jpg

Harelip, Stutter, Attractive, Strong. Twin boys, both have same traits of course. :mellow:

I should have made a screenshot of my 50 year old duke, who, after he fathered only one daughter, started to practice celibacy. After his first wife died of boredom, the only other woman I found, that wanted to marry him, also practiced celibacy.

But guess what: Although BOTH of them hat the celibacy feat, they actually got an other daughter after a few years.
They clearly need to practice more, they don't seem to be very good at it

Bogomilism has completely taken over from Orthodoxy in my current game as well. There isn't a single Orthodox province left on the map. Shiite is well on its way to being entirely replaced by Druze as well. Have to love a primarily non-Shiite Shiite Caliphate.

Another one from my current game: what is wrong with this picture?

000cdg72.png

It's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Southern Ireland!

(While I'm the one playing England, this configuration was entirely accidental. I pounced on Ireland as soon as I got a claim on them, and the majority of Ulster was independent at the time.)

13-year old Baron Bo wants some of the ladies!

This isn't at all strange. It describes what EVERY 13-YEAR OLD BOY EVER would do if it were allowed :rofl:

Surprisingly yeah, I'm playing as King of Sweden haven't been south of the Baltic. Would be interesting if someone with insight into bogolism would explain how it would have looked in the Byzantine Empire :D

Bogomilism was a Gnostic religiopolitical sect founded in the First Bulgarian Empire by the priest Bogomil during the reign of Tsar Petar I in the 10th century.[1][2][3] It most probably arose in what is today the region of Macedonia[4][5] as a response to the social stratification that occurred as a result of the introduction of feudalism and as a form of political movement and opposition to the Bulgarian state and the church.

The Bogomils called for a return to early Christianity, rejecting the ecclesiastical hierarchy, and their primary political tendencies were resistance to the state and church authorities. This helped the movement spread quickly in the Balkans, gradually expanding throughout the Byzantine Empire and later reaching Kievan Rus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Dalmatia, Italy, France, and England.

The Bogomils were dualists in that they believed the world was created not by the Abrahamic God, but by an evil demiurge — the Devil. They did not use the cross nor build churches, preferring to perform rituals outdoors.

Love Wikipedia. Looks like its would have done well since the Iconoclastic movement did.

Oh come on now! Not only are the Knights Templar Muslim, they are now anti-crusading against my crusader holds in Acre!? I gave you guys that fort! now you use it to try to attack me?!

ck2_22.jpg

He's the chancellor, not the Grandmaster. What religion is the Grandmaster? From the event his name sounds Occitan...

He's the chancellor, not the Grandmaster. What religion is the Grandmaster? From the event his name sounds Occitan...

My guess would be Catholic since the chancellor's relations to his liege and vice versa are both on the negative.

khan.jpg

When he arrived 5 years later, "The Scourge" also turned out to be a Misguided Warrior :blink:

Still, the Knights Templar having Muslim councilors seems like either a bug or something Paradox didn't think about writing code for.

That guy on the game cover with Desdichado written on his shield is the Disinherited Knight from Sir Walter Scott's novel Ivanhoe. In that book the Templar Brian de Bois-Guilbert is accompanied by Saracen soldiers that he recruited in the Holy Lands.

Obviously Paradox intend that this should happen so as to properly honour Scott's literary genius. Either that or it's just a coincidence.