• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wards.png
Wards !

Well, honestly, that's a common sight in every my game, as I'm doing early swipes of 6yo children to be educated by the best available teachers, and as I'm requesting education transfer from dozens of vassals on the first of September, when they all accept someone gets dozens wards. Then after first accepts there is a second round for those that had more than one child grow up that year, which consists usually of just about one dozen.

ck21.png

Here is just one example from the latest save. Also, who can notice something odd about my Emperor?

Last edited:
Usually you can only ask someone to educate 2, though. If you ask them all at the same time, this happens? Hmm. Hmm... I can see my king having mentor relation bonuses with every ducal heir ;)

Usually you can only ask someone to educate 2, though. If you ask them all at the same time, this happens? Hmm. Hmm... I can see my king having mentor relation bonuses with every ducal heir ;)

Yep. Also, more control over their traits, by picking the same as yours you improve relations greatly as well. And in case these are some brats whose stats are unimportant, a steady surplus of piety by constantly praying that they stop being proud\deceitful\lazy\whatever. Though my primary aim was to spread Dutch culture faster (both gregarious and diligent people are rare, and for pretty rare commodity the Dutch are, it's not always possible to get someone even with one of those traits.

Yep. Also, more control over their traits, by picking the same as yours you improve relations greatly as well. And in case these are some brats whose stats are unimportant, a steady surplus of piety by constantly praying that they stop being proud\deceitful\lazy\whatever. Though my primary aim was to spread Dutch culture faster (both gregarious and diligent people are rare, and for pretty rare commodity the Dutch are, it's not always possible to get someone even with one of those traits.

Ah, I see! And being able to hand out content at will must help, too.

Ah, I see! And being able to hand out content at will must help, too.

Exactly. However, don't get your hopes too high, after all you can get a new bunch of children only every 10 years, so it's not that easy to get all of duke heirs. But sending them to be educated by your heir helps as well, for example. And content and humble people will more often get the same in their wards. Over few generations of careful eugenics you may turn your kingdom into Land of Virtues.

maybe not as odd as an Emperor Mister Seahorse with a whole primary school class to take care off, but still

ck24.png

Turkish Finland? ... guess the nationalists is up in arms now that they're a minority to a nonnative culture group :p

Also of notice in this game. If the Danish and English Crowns are ever going to spilt, both is going to look funny ... half of denmark follows the english crown, and half of England follows the Danish crown

Exactly. However, don't get your hopes too high, after all you can get a new bunch of children only every 10 years, so it's not that easy to get all of duke heirs. But sending them to be educated by your heir helps as well, for example. And content and humble people will more often get the same in their wards. Over few generations of careful eugenics you may turn your kingdom into Land of Virtues.
Yay :D

he's preggers?

Your Emperor is pregnant?! :confused::laugh:

Yep, and I even didn't notice when did it happen to my then-heir. I wonder whether it has something to do with him being homosexual...

maybe not as odd as an Emperor Mister Seahorse with a whole primary school class to take care off, but still

ck24.png

Turkish Finland? ... guess the nationalists is up in arms now that they're a minority to a nonnative culture group :p

You sure you aren't playing in XXI century?

Why do I get all the weird popes?

hormisdas.jpg

A chaste, hedonistic Pope named Hormisdas who owns half of France.

And he should actually be Hormisdas II, but Pdox had Hormisdas the First named as Hormisadas (which is still correct, but that means there are inconsistencies with their naming rule)

and Lancaster(?) appears to be bigger than England, with Castille and Navarra actually owning a big part of France
Civil war, actually. Lancaster was conquered a few years later and returned to the fold. The first King of France from 1066 turned Waldensian, and his heirs followed suit. I assume what you see is the result of a crusade. Or two. Or three, rather.

And he should actually be Hormisdas II, but Pdox had Hormisdas the First named as Hormisadas (which is still correct, but that means there are inconsistencies with their naming rule)
Several such inconsistencies, in fact. I've seen the game go from Michael VIII or Mikhail I or something similar. Can't recall the exact variant, but they were essentially the same. The game doesn't take traditional naming styles into account very well.

Well, honestly, that's a common sight in every my game, as I'm doing early swipes of 6yo children to be educated by the best available teachers, and as I'm requesting education transfer from dozens of vassals on the first of September, when they all accept someone gets dozens wards. Then after first accepts there is a second round for those that had more than one child grow up that year, which consists usually of just about one dozen.

ck21.png

Here is just one example from the latest save. Also, who can notice something odd about my Emperor?

First thing I saw, the name. Second thing I saw, the huge number of wards. Third thing I saw, his insane prestige. Then I saw that he was pregnant.