• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last night playing the Abbasid Caliph, my ruler died in battle against the armies of the Kaiser while fighting a Jihad for Jerusalem that I had called.

My 4 years old inherits the Caliphate, and I lose all my alliances.

Sometime later I start to fish around to marry my half sisters for alliances, and I see that both the Fatimid Caliph, and the Seljuk Persian Emperor are kids.

So both Caliphs (Fatimid 4 years old, myself 6 now) and the Persian Emperor (1 years old) were under regencies.

I wish I had taken a screenshot.

CK2-Napoli_01.jpg

Just helped depose the old new king, since every vassal in the kingdom hated the former one and I was tired of the constant civil wars. The result was not what I expected, but I guess it is new.

One question: The war I'm in is me trying to help out Leon.. but it seems utterly pointless since there's a 5k stack there and Barcelona is defending against 4 holy wars. Is christian Iberia designed to be wiped out within 50 years unless it's controlled by a player? I mean the holy wars Sicily has faced so far were tough, but at least they could be won.

Last edited:
CK2-Napoli_01.jpg

Just helped depose the old new king, since every vassal in the kingdom hated the former one and I was tired of the constant civil wars. The result was not what I expected, but I guess it is new.

One question: The war I'm in is me trying to help out Leon.. but it seems utterly pointless since there's a 5k stack there and Barcelona is defending against 4 holy wars. Is christian Iberia designed to be wiped out within 50 years unless it's controlled by a player? I mean the holy wars Sicily has faced so far were tough, but at least they could be won.

What's the balloon looking icon besides the deceitful one?

In my first game Iberia was overrun in about 100 years, with the Abbadid forming the Sunni Empire of Hispania.

But it seems that the muslims have the upper hand in Iberia at game start, because for what I read and seen, is much easier for the player to conquer Iberia as a Muslim than as one of the Jimena.

This mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod - I added it along with a mod to make the marshal trait affect levies a little, a few more ambitions and culture to spread by the sea. Just things I agreed was missing when I saw the mod list.

This is only my 3nd game (never actually completed the other two). After reading the two huge paradox Jerusalem/Germany LP's from the Something Awful forums and then a few different ones on these forums I had to try it. My second game was a Navarra where i survived to form Hispania (Then got bored tending what became a huge kindergarden) - but honestly only because Castille/Leon/Galacia collapsed into one kingdom after the kings died like flies, so I could call big brother Castille and France every time I needed help. I can't imagine surviving the 5-10k stacks and holy wars every 6 months so early on without France helping out.

Jesus, that's practically an Ottoman-level conquest by 1142?

It happened in several of my games too by that time. In one game I started as the Duke of Basra. Never joined the Jihads, so didn't have any influence on the outcomes. First Seljuks took Armenia and during this war the Fatimids jihadded Anatolia. Then 10 years later Greece fell. Now the Byzantines are limited to just a couple of counties in Bulgaria, having with Cumans taking Cherson. Fatimids also took Baghdad (though I recently won it back in a sneak attack, when Fatimids Jihadded on Sicily).

Jesus, that's practically an Ottoman-level conquest by 1142?

In my main game the ERE dissapeared in about 50-75 years.

First losing badly the Seljuk invasion of Armenia, and later to two jihads, one by Egypt (no longer Fatimid, can't remember the name of the new dynasty) and later to a Sunni one.

By 1150 Egypt was up to Poland and was even able to hold off not one, but two crusades. :blink:

I just got my very first Hilarius II, though whats hilarious about this particular one is he's inbred, arbitrary and craven. His best stat is learning at a grand total of one. (Sorry I've no idea how to upload screenshots)

Untitled.png

Gentlemen, I give you... Prussia in 1108! The romuva Pruthenians actually conquered Greater Poland and formed Prussia; the pagans up north there are kinda kicking ass in general.

This is in CK2+, by the way.

I thought you had to be German to form Prussia. Or not?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as stange per se, but I was a bit amazed for sure...

Click for full and apologies for the patchwork Balkans - Hungary was relatively stable until 10y before this picture. Taken days after the old Kaiser croaked and as the heir was already the Byzantine Emperor through his mother... I think Poland has been up in the north ever since the 1100s or so as well.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as stange per se, but I was a bit amazed for sure...

Click for full and apologies for the patchwork Balkans - Hungary was relatively stable until 10y before this picture. Taken days after the old Kaiser croaked and as the heir was already the Byzantine Emperor through his mother... I think Poland has been up in the north ever since the 1100s or so as well.

WoW, is the first time I see the AI reunite the Roman Empire. :eek:

I just got my very first Hilarius II, though whats hilarious about this particular one is he's inbred, arbitrary and craven. His best stat is learning at a grand total of one. (Sorry I've no idea how to upload screenshots)
My Hilarius was a lustful imbecile.

He was a good pope because my prince-bishops were thus giving me their money not Mr. funny name.
Crappy popes are awesome if you have bishops as vassals.

So I was looking around the map after patting myself on the back for a quick capture of all muslim held counties in de jure Aragon from holding just one county. Surely now Europe would look towards a future where these devil barbarians with their "Proper medicine" "Science" and "effective governance" could be held at bay. Then I took a look around the map.

CK2-aragon_03.jpg

Look at the date. In just 14 years the Byzantine empire has not only lost both wars for Turkey, but also managed to lose Greece along with Constantinople!

Quick Question: Does this mean I can form the Latin Empire if I take Thrace? Or are the Byzantines likely to retake it?