• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VHrxv.jpg

Just betrothed my daughter to this boy, who is the son of my sister and my wife's brother :p Can't wait to see the result of their offspring.

Nothing too strange, but I was quite proud of my diplomatic efforts as Barbarossa before he snuffed it... he begins the Third Crusade scenario as a widow, so I promptly re-married to a daughter of the King of Denmark (about 40 years my junior) and she gave me four strong, proud Teutonic babies before I snuffed it: Emilia, Lothar, Matilda and Caroline.

B29D348D28A98823D93F7B6DC528F19DC8031061
C0403A33C80CA14FA8EEE8777F97A5FA4E4607B8
2B90132A1991A5EE6A859A2E6792EF037CD9857D
499FCE8B2FF68DEBE1FE0C76BF59F7A7562A8D2A
6493F6559FF7713D59ECEBACF96F240029CF793F

After Barbarossa died, his eldest sons went to civil war over the imperial crown... by the end, the Holy Roman Empire had completely fragmented and all four original brothers (Heinrich, Friedrich, Otto and Konrad) were dead, leaving their one remaining half-brother Lothar as Duke of Swabia, Verona and Upper Burgundy. He never married - I could never find him a suitable bride whilst playing as Barbarossa, and then after he died Lothar just never bothered to find one himself - and so died childless, leaving his lands and titles to a vague relative in Baden (I think).

Despite the absolute carnage of his elder sons' reigns, Barbarossa's diplomatic efforts did result in his grandchildren assuming the ducal thrones of Normandy and Provence, as well as the rather cool (I thought) fact that others also became kings of England and Aragon. The marriage to Prince George (if you're wondering, he was Henry II's youngest son before he died, making him the direct Plantagenet heir) resulted in my family keeping the throne after Arthur I (of Brittany) died.

By the way, Richard, Geoffrey and John all died during their civil war to topple Henry II. :rolleyes:

And there ends Friedrich Barbarossa's male line... not bad for a first game.

Last edited:
VHrxv.jpg

Just betrothed my daughter to this boy, who is the son of my sister and my wife's brother :p Can't wait to see the result of their offspring.

There's actually a term for this: "double cousin". Double cousins are, statistically, about as related to each other as half siblings (the "coefficient of relationship" for each is 1/4; compare 1/2 for full siblings and 1/8 for ordinary first cousins)

CK2_Roland_1197.png

I was duke of Flanders, became king of France, one of my duchies was the former queen of France but also queen of Africa, then her son ebcame king of Africa and when he took over Anjou was African :( I could have revoked it, but I really couldn't use 2x -20 relations panalty with all my vassals at that point.

Also check where a part of Wales is :p

Marrying your own great-granddaughter. That's pretty badass.

I mean, genetically speaking, as long as the rest of the tree is outbred, as it seems to be, it's completely fine.

But fuck. Marrying your own great granddaughter. Very impressive.

Well, I only did it because I put her father on the Croatian throne and she was his only child. I had no unmarried brothers or sons left so I had to marry her myself to keep the Croatian throne of my dynasty.

42026D9BA70CB223A13F084508CD8FE82558E9A8

The Captain of the Swiss Band (without any further lands or titles!) starts an Invasion (!!) of France (!!!)...
Due to his opponent having no troops the french kings easily accuires 100% warscore just by holding france

I'm guessing the French king hired his company, then ran out of money to pay them, prompting them to turn on him.

This. You must be a very fortunate player if this hasn't happened to you yet.

Or maybe it was just that people were so eager to expand over-quickly in the demo, leading to crap like this.