+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 662 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory CK2 Strange Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TXTwilight View Post
    Try the "Print" Button on your Keybourd, switch back to your Desktop, open a blank image file and press Ctrl+V, or you can download the free version of fraps, wich will allow you to make screenshots ingame.
    Or you could just hit F11. The screenshots are saved in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\screenshots.

Anyway, here's one I took to post in the bug forums:

"You and Princess Matheode would gain 0 prestige from marrying into House Lowborn."

My Documents, Paradox Interactive, CK2, Screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Swuboo View Post
    "You and Princess Matheode would gain 0 prestige from marrying into House Lowborn."
    Ah yes, the ancient an esteemed van Lowborn dynasty.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Since I was the third person to post the same help in one minute, I'll give you one of my screenshots:

He was later succeeded by Kaiser Muhammad II.

What about Knights Templar Grandmaster King Louis VI of France?

It took a lot of scheming, money and innocent lives to achieve this but now I have a cool title with primogeniture succession (although it's a duchy title so I got -10 relations hit :/) and free crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by Myrten View Post

What about Knights Templar Grandmaster King Louis VI of France?

It took a lot of scheming, money and innocent lives to achieve this but now I have a cool title with primogeniture succession (although it's a duchy title so I got -10 relations hit :/) and free crusaders
    How did you pull that one off?

Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    Hungarian king of England, anyone?
    In my Denmark game, the King of France died with six daughters, the oldest inherited and married the younger brother of the King of Scotland...in a regular marriage. So now the Dunkeld will rule France instead of the Capets.

Nine children and still counting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gyofW.jpg
Views:	3910
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	47483

Quote Originally Posted by Joel M Bridge View Post
    How did you pull that one off?
    First I took possession of duchy in de jure France, then I gave it to the grand master together with duchy of Alexandria. Since I was his de jure liege, had +100 relation and was quite strong he accepted vassalization offer from me.
    Then one of his successors changed inheritance from Open Elective to Gavelkind, unfortunately all his children died in accidents :P so as his liege I inherited all.

That's rather interesting, Myrten. Every time I've given land to the monastic knightly orders, the game has considered them independent. Is there any trick to getting them to recognize your suzerainty?

Quote Originally Posted by Cityinthesea View Post

Don't tell him the bad news!
    Use the "Diplomatically explain why I cannot" option.

That's rather interesting, Myrten. Every time I've given land to the monastic knightly orders, the game has considered them independent. Is there any trick to getting them to recognize your suzerainty?
    They will be independent when you give them land. In order to have them as vassals you have to use 'Offer Vassalization' diplomacy option, it's hard to make them agree but it's doable (de jure liege + same culture + 100 relations).

So in my case I gave them Duchy of Anjou which seceded from France but came back when they agreed to become my vassal.

Ahh, I missed that detail in your original post. I have no idea why I never thought of doing that, it's a fantastic idea.

Alas, a quick check reveals that none of the Orders would be willing to go along with it in my Sicily game. Oddly, the Pope is perfectly willing to excommunicate the Hospitallers for me, though.
    Last edited by Swuboo; 16-02-2012 at 06:09.

SP grandmaster change succes laws?

Yeah, AI grand master changed it from Open Elective to Gavelkind although I dunno how. Maybe Grandmaster was not his primary title?

Alas, a quick check reveals that none of the Orders would be willing to go along with it in my Sicily game. Oddly, the Pope is perfectly willing to excommunicate the Hospitallers for me, though.
    I assume you are King of Sicily so you should give duchy in de jure Sicily to the grand master, however it may now work for you since you are Norman and grand masters used to be Frankish, German and Italian so you are being hit by culture penalty.
    Last edited by Myrten; 16-02-2012 at 06:41.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

The Canaries: A vital piece of land in the long-term goals of the Byzantine Empire...which is why I've been guarding it for over 5 years.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

very fractured england and france.....
    And Cordoba in northern france....

NOT MY DOING! I've been busy schemeing on how to make the Shia Caliphate fall apart so the pope will get the balls to call a crusade for Jerusalem!
    If everyone thinks alike, like kids try to do during school, then the world would be incredibally boring.

My Sengoku AAR- Rise of the Miura Clan: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post12939972

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Or you could just hit F11. The screenshots are saved in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\screenshots.
    Thank you. That's all I wanted to know.

Not sure if this is a common occurrence when Muslims conquer Rome or not.

I conquered and re-converted Rome, but the Papacy remains Muslim 70 years later. There are no more Catholic crusades, but everything else seems to be working fine. Oh well - at least I don't have to worry much about my bishops sending their tax to the pope thanks to the infidel modifier.

Gimli, is that you?
    (Wroth dwarf with 19 military)
    "After Napoleon, both lieutenant and Emperor, all destinies are within this century" - Dom Camurro
    --------------------------
    "New Nations Mod" for Victoria 2
    (version 1.00 (30/10))

50 new nations for your Vicky2 game!

Strange Screenshots

Last edited by Smeghead; 17-02-2012 at 11:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 662 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast