• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't get the nickname cheat to work, it just says unknown command. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to trigger something first before any of the nickname cheats will work?

It says "<nickname> <charid> "in 'help'. I assume you didn't do that. So you either didn't write the nickname correctly or missed the charId.

I worked it out, you have to type in "nickname nick_the_mynickname" kind of confusing.

Oh it changed. Sadly the 'help' command info didn't. Just found another thread where it's well explained

it goes like so: "nickname nick_FOO" Where FOO is any valid nickname. If you want to be known as "the Dragon", it'd be "nickname nick_the_dragon". List of valid nicknames: http://ckiiwiki.com/Nicknames

Just remember that any spaces in the nickname must be replaced with underscores.

Is there a way to create your own customized nickname? I guess you can mod it into the text file but I'm not sure how to do that.

No cheat i know. Probably works by modding/adding one in the nicknames.txt file. I'd try to include one just like the already existing. If that doesnt work, ask in the appropriate 'modding questions' thread.

Is there a cheat to move your capital? I want to move my capital to spread tech and move it back after about 10 years or so.

I'm not aware of one.

Either mod it as suggested here:
in the save game, go to your char id, you should see capital="holding name"

im not sure where it is at in the characters info though, TOG rearranged that stuff....

or do this (silly, i know):
u can try to do my way to move your capital to your favorite land,

-Grant your current capital to a random countier.
-Keep granting until your capital moves to your favorite land.
-Then type "charinfo 1" to see those countiers's ID.
-Kill them by using "kill <char's ID>" to get your lands back.

..or use " give_title titlename charID "

Far better and easier to mod the save file though.

Thanks Aardvark Bellay!

You're welcome. Just search with your characters ID number and after you found the character himself, scroll down past all the armies related stuff or straight for ' capital="b_myplace" '.
No idea if and how that works for republics though.

Tired of ambitious courtiers? Too many plots? Now there is a solution!

I call this the "Docile Sheep Micro-Mod"

There are two decisions available to your vassals, one for those landed, and one for the unlanded. They fire around the age of 21, and remove the ambitious and proud traits, replacing them with content and humble, thus turning your vassals and courtiers into sheep. This seriously reduces the amount of plotting. However, like all cheats, it might also reduce some of the excitement in the game. It also seriously reduces the available talent for symasters in your realm; it becomes a trifle more difficult to assassinate that annoying king next door. Hence the small tweak in the second file.

I use them only once I get to empire stage, and then because I am sick of the "Ding! For some reason I'm plotting to kill someone else" messages. Anyway, I am happy to share them with you.

In the first instance, add the my_decisions.txt file under your decisions folder.

Code:
decisions = {

your_vassal  = {
		potential = {
			NOT = {
				has_character_flag = your_vassal
			}
			independent = no
			is_landed = yes
			OR = {
				top_liege = {
					OR = { 
						has_landed_title = e_whatever1 [COLOR="#FF0000"]<=change this to whatever your title is[/COLOR].  It can also be d_whatever1.
						has_landed_title = k_whatever2 [COLOR="#FF0000"]<=change this to your secondary title[/COLOR].  It can also be c_whatever2.
					}
				}
				liege = { 
					OR = { 
						has_landed_title = e_whatever1 [COLOR="#FF0000"]<=change this to whatever your title is[/COLOR].  It can also be d_whatever1.
						has_landed_title = k_whatever2 [COLOR="#FF0000"]<=change this to your secondary title[/COLOR].  It can also be c_whatever2.
					}
				}
		}
		allow = {
			age = 21
			wealth = 2
		}
		effect = {
			wealth = -1
			prestige = 5
			remove_trait = proud
			add_trait = humble
			remove_trait = ambitious
			add_trait = content
			set_character_flag = your_vassal
			add_character_modifier = {
				name = your_vassal
				duration = 27375
			}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
			}
		}
	}

your_courtier  = {
		potential = {
			NOT = {
				has_character_flag = your_courtier
			}
			independent = no
			NOT = { 
				is_landed = yes
			}
			OR = {
				top_liege = {
					OR = { 
					}
				}
				liege = { 
					OR = { 
						has_landed_title = e_whatever1 [COLOR="#FF0000"]<=change this to whatever your title is[/COLOR]. It can also be d_whatever1.
					}
				}
		}
		allow = {
			age = 21
		}
		effect = {
			prestige = 1
			remove_trait = proud
			add_trait = humble
			remove_trait = ambitious
			add_trait = content
			set_character_flag = your_courtier
			add_character_modifier = {
				name = your_courtier
				duration = 27375
			}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
			}
		}
	}
}

The second file, my_event_modifiers.txt, you should place under - guess what - your event modifiers folder.

Code:
your_vassal = {
	intrigue = 1
	icon = 11
}

your_courtier = {
	intrigue = 1
	icon = 11
}

The first two decisions convert every single person in your realm, your direct and indirect vassals, and all your and their courtiers, etc into properly behaved human beings. :)

Enjoy ruling over your flock.

Links: My_decisions.txt and My_event_modifiers.txt

I'm almost done updating/upgrading it, so it's more fit for the latest patch (1.111), with new traits, options and so forth. But like Panadell said, it seems like you can only use 4 options on every "event", and it's a pain in the arse to say at least.

But it should be done soon nonetheless.

This would be truely awesome. Thank You for taking the time to do this, and for sharing it with us.

Is there a cheat to show the province IDs?
You can google the list of ids. There are two ck2 wikies, one of them has it 100%. Sorry, cant provide the link right now.

Is there a command to destroy titles? I would like the possibility to get rid of an unwanted emperor primary title.

I betrothed my daughter-heir matrilineally to a french prince, but when he came to age (my daughter-heir was at that point the queen) apparently the king of France had changed the conditions, and I didn't read through the terms of the contract closely enough, so it was now a "normal" marriage. My mistake, obviously, but it took a while 'till I realised it, and at that point I did no longer have any good save points to return to.

I understand that you can change who you're married to and whether it's matrilineal or not in the save files. I've tried, but I don't get the hang of it. Is there someone who can explain how to do it?

I betrothed my daughter-heir matrilineally to a french prince, but when he came to age (my daughter-heir was at that point the queen) apparently the king of France had changed the conditions, and I didn't read through the terms of the contract closely enough, so it was now a "normal" marriage. My mistake, obviously, but it took a while 'till I realised it, and at that point I did no longer have any good save points to return to.

I understand that you can change who you're married to and whether it's matrilineal or not in the save files. I've tried, but I don't get the hang of it. Is there someone who can explain how to do it?

The answer to this issue is quite simply to never accept the proposal that they send you. If it is sent by the character who is supplying the male partner, they will always propose a regular marriage, regardless of what the original agreement was. If it is sent by the character who is supplying the female partner, they will always propose a matrilineal marriage. The only exception to this is if matrilineal is not a marriage that the other can propose.

well... the bolded part is wrong. The save just has a spouse= line. It doesn't differentiate between the types. I've heard that if you delete the males spouse= lines, the marriage will be matri, but i dont think that ever worked for me... when i did that the woman still showed as regular married while the man showed up as no spouse....

You could delete the spouse line for both characters and then propose a marti marriage, but without cheating you probably wont get it, unless its like the 6th son....

As TheDarkMaster said, in the future, try not to accept any. The Guardian of the male in a matri betrothal will 9.5 times out of 10 send a regular marriage proposal when buth members are old enough.....