• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With The Old Gods DLC (and I've checked quite a few pages without luck.)
When I do the cheat for changing a character's religion (And keep in mind I speaks as an already Reformed Norse, which means there are two norse religions Active in my game.) What's the actual command to make someone's religion a reformed norse? I've tried quite a few variations that I made up myself based on the norse_pagan version, but nothing has so far been right.

With The Old Gods DLC (and I've checked quite a few pages without luck.)
When I do the cheat for changing a character's religion (And keep in mind I speaks as an already Reformed Norse, which means there are two norse religions Active in my game.) What's the actual command to make someone's religion a reformed norse? I've tried quite a few variations that I made up myself based on the norse_pagan version, but nothing has so far been right.

religion <CharID> norse_pagan_reformed
religion <CharID> norse_pagan for the vanilla version

For future reference, you can look into \common\religions\00_religions.txt to find out the proper names for this.

Is there an easy way to transfer one of my vassals to another (higher) vassal? The diplomacy menu "Transfer Vassalage" button has weird restrictions (like not being able to transfer republics), so can I circumvent that via console?

Is there an easy way to transfer one of my vassals to another (higher) vassal? The diplomacy menu "Transfer Vassalage" button has weird restrictions (like not being able to transfer republics), so can I circumvent that via console?

I haven't checked if this works, but it should work.

Use the give_title <Title> <CharID> command to transfer the highest title of the person you're trying to vassalize, to the person you're trying to vassalize them to, transfer vassalage and then give him his titles back.

So, for example, let's say you have a Duke of X, whom you're trying to get under King of Y. Transfer the ducal titles of X to Y. X now becomes a count, almost certainly de jure under Y. Now, transfer vassalage of X to Y(though, I think that might even happen automatically). After the vassalage is transferred, use the give_title command to restore the ducal titles back to X and he should still be Y's vassal.

In theory, there's also the 'vassalize <CharID>' cheat(so, 'play Y' 'vassalize X', go back to your original character), but at least in my case, it returns something about it only being available in developer versions.

I think you could also do it through save game editing, but I haven't tried that either. In the save file, search for the character ID and change "liege=numbers" to the character ID of the desired liege.

Last edited:
Has anyone located an education promotion other than the combat one (247)? Or, will I have to mod that on my own? It's annoying when I teach my son with the top tier education, and he results with the base one.

I haven't checked if this works, but it should work.

Use the give_title <Title> <CharID> command to transfer the highest title of the person you're trying to vassalize, to the person you're trying to vassalize them to, transfer vassalage and then give him his titles back.

So, for example, let's say you have a Duke of X, whom you're trying to get under King of Y. Transfer the ducal titles of X to Y. X now becomes a count, almost certainly de jure under Y. Now, transfer vassalage of X to Y(though, I think that might even happen automatically). After the vassalage is transferred, use the give_title command to restore the ducal titles back to X and he should still be Y's vassal.

In theory, there's also the 'vassalize <CharID>' cheat(so, 'play Y' 'vassalize X', go back to your original character), but at least in my case, it returns something about it only being available in developer versions.

I think you could also do it through save game editing, but I haven't tried that either. In the save file, search for the character ID and change "liege=numbers" to the character ID of the desired liege.
Thanks, I'll try that. Sadly, it'd still destroy a republic's existing trade posts if I transfer it this way, but it's much better than having ugly borders. :laugh:

Save game editing probably works too, but it's way too much of a hassle when I'm already in the middle of a game.

Thanks, I'll try that. Sadly, it'd still destroy a republic's existing trade posts if I transfer it this way, but it's much better than having ugly borders. :laugh:

Save game editing probably works too, but it's way too much of a hassle when I'm already in the middle of a game.

If you're not up for save editing, there is a way to "preserve" the trade posts, after a fashion. Take a look at how many trade posts and upgrades the guy has and estimate their value(off the top of my head, an average trade post would be worth somewhere between 100 and 500 gold). After you transfer the titles and the guy is a merchant republic, use the "play CharID" and the "gold X" cheat to give him a big stack of gold and rebuild the trade posts(or give the cash to yourself and send many gifts). Alternatively, just give him the cash and leave him to his own devices - he should restore his trading empire relatively quickly(maybe a couple of years). Then, go back to your regular character.

Is there a way of finding out what the number of a province is when you cant find it by searching for it by name?

Name of province is "wurzburg", looking for it in the provinces folder but I am unable to find it so if anyone know the province nr. I would be grateful to know :D

Crusader Kings II\common\landed_titles\landed_titles.txt

No my friend, I have ben there and done that. The name of the county does not seem to match the province or alternatively the province does not have a province name & number in the province folder "Crusader Kings II\history\provinces\# - Unknown.txt"

Is there an event you can do to give someone the Genius trait? Both myself and my wife have it, but not a single one of my 10 children has it. I feel as though giving one the trait through the command is reasonable.

Is there an event you can do to give someone the Genius trait? Both myself and my wife have it, but not a single one of my 10 children has it. I feel as though giving one the trait through the command is reasonable.
As far as I know, no. You will need to marry them with a person who does and hope their characters get it too. Alternative if you're okay with cheating, when you're playing a character without type add_trait genius

No my friend, I have ben there and done that. The name of the county does not seem to match the province or alternatively the province does not have a province name & number in the province folder "Crusader Kings II\history\provinces\# - Unknown.txt"
Look at what duchy it is in and look up that duchy.

I made this fairly simple Cheat Mod for my son, who has a lot of trouble with the finer aspects of the game.

It is decision based, but doesn't clutter your menu, as it has an Enable/Disable toggle.

Options:

• Add Diplomacy
  • Add Martial
  • Add Stewardship
  • Add Intrigue
  • Add Learning
  • Remove All Bad Traits
  • Add Tech to Capital
  • Add Tech to Province where You are Standing
  • Knight Doomstack
  • Horse Archer/Light Cav Doomstack
  • Heavy Infantry Doomstack
  • Skirmisher Doomstack
  • Free Fleets
  • Disband All Cheat Armies
  • Disband All Cheat Navies

Some Notes:
All attributes go up in increments of 5. (I don't prefer huge levels, if you do, trigger the event 20 times)
All Armies and Navies appear in Malta. I am new to this, and didn't bother to figure out how to put them in your territory. Using the boats, you can rapidly move them wherever you wish. The armies come with a usually decent leader, who will be your culture and religion.
The techs go up by one star.
My son argued that Dwarf shouldn't be on the list of removed traits, and he won. So have your Dwarven Kingdoms!
Should be compatible with any mod that doesn't alter the map.

So how do I get this to work?? I'm sort of new to modding and such. What folder do I put the cheat decisions and cheats localization text in? do I need to change anything?

Thanks in advance.

So how do I get this to work?? I'm sort of new to modding and such. What folder do I put the cheat decisions and cheats localization text in? do I need to change anything?

Thanks in advance.

Go to your CK2 install directory. For example, mine is C:\games\Crusader Kings II. Put the cheat decisions file in the decisions sub-folder, for example C:\games\Crusader Kings II\decisions. Put the cheat localization in C:\games\Crusader Kings II\localisation (or wherever).

Search the saved game file for the name displayed in the game, it should also have the name used in the text files.

I made a cheat mod you might like. It's compatible with Vanilla, CK2+, VIET, and CK2+ VIET.

Features:

Main:
Modularity: Use only the cheats you want.
Near total automation: You choose your cheats, turn them on and then forget about them for the rest of the game.
No console required: The mod is controlled by a set of decisions, so you never need to open the console to use it.
Religious and cultural lock: The vassal cheats will only fire for rulers who match the player character's culture and religion, so you don't have to worry about heretics and infidels disappearing to a foreign court with thousands of gold.
Targeting: Most cheats in the mod have an option to turn it on for the player only and another option to turn it on for all rulers subordinate to the player character.

Economic cheats:
Quick Building: This gives -99% to build times. All holding improvements complete in a day, while building new holdings takes just 19 days.
Wealth: This gives money. The player version gives you a one-time payment of 900K, and uses character flags to ensure it can never fire again for you. The vassal version simply gives them 5000 if they have less than that.
Tech: This gives a one-time bonus of 50K tech points. Enough to max out tech from any start date.
Realm Prosperity (CK2+ required): This makes all provinces have the Rich province modifier.

Character cheats:
Courtier Recruitment (CK2+ required): This removes the cooldown timer on recruiting courtiers.
Super Genetics: This gives all characters descended from the player character all of the positive genetic traits. Traits given: Agile(*), Ambidextrous(*), Attractive, Genius, Perceptive(*), Strong, Tall(#). Traits marked with (*) are VIET-only, traits marked with (#) require CK2+ or VIET.
Immortality (CK2+ required): Allows you to add or remove the Immortal trait. This uses a decision for player characters and the minor title system for others, so you can only use it on the player character, your courtiers, and your direct vassals.
Content vassals: This makes sure every ruler in your realm has the Content Trait.
Zealous vassals: This gives your subordinate rulers the Zealous trait. There are two versions of this cheat; one automatically turns every ruler in your realm zealous, the other uses the minor title system to allow manual control.
Stat Boosts: This allows you to give 5-point stat boosts. Like the Immortality cheat, this uses a decision for player characters and the minor title system for others, so you can only use it on the player character, your courtiers, and your direct vassals.

Succession cheats:
These cheats allow you to set succession laws for both the player and all rulers in the player's realm. The two are controlled separately, so if you want your titles to be Agnatic Primogeniture while the rest of your realm is forced to use Enatic Tanistry, go right ahead.

Some restrictions apply, though:
The cheats will not change any succession law for Muslims, Republics (all types), Theocracies and unreformed Tengri.
The cheats will only change gender law for unreformed pagans, except unreformed Tengri, which as mentioned above cannot change any laws.
The cheats will only change succession type for Reformed Tengri.
The cheats will not allow you to use Investiture, Open Elective, or Patrician Elective. Non-Muslims can cheat to get Open (Turkish) succession, though.
Only Counts and higher can cheat for Elective and Tanistry.

Enjoy.

Last edited: