• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to switch my heir's culture from Bedouin to Andalusian so I can form the Empire of Hispania when I die. I had him educated by an Andalusian for a decade, but he still came out Bedouin for some reason. That's why I'm looking to cheats to help me solve this. The problem I'm facing is that wrting ''culture 508995 (this being his certified character ID) andalusian'' does nothing. Writing the same, but with, say, 'danish' instead of 'andalusian' works fine. Why is this? What must I write to get my heir to have Andalusian culture?

I want to switch my heir's culture from Bedouin to Andalusian so I can form the Empire of Hispania when I die. I had him educated by an Andalusian for a decade, but he still came out Bedouin for some reason. That's why I'm looking to cheats to help me solve this. The problem I'm facing is that wrting ''culture 508995 (this being his certified character ID) andalusian'' does nothing. Writing the same, but with, say, 'danish' instead of 'andalusian' works fine. Why is this? What must I write to get my heir to have Andalusian culture?

It looks like in the culture fire it is listed as andalusian_arabic. So by doing culture 508995 andalusian_arabic you should be able to make him andalusian. It actually looks like the majority if not all arabic cultures have _arabic at the end.

Question: In a singleplayer-game of mine, I was in dire need of an heir when an unfortunate chain of events killed my main character and left me to play as my daughter, who is too old to become pregnant. I tried to manually trigger event 400, which instantly impregnates her with her husband as the father, but now she seems to be permanentally pregnant and won't give birth!

Any way around this?

Question: In a singleplayer-game of mine, I was in dire need of an heir when an unfortunate chain of events killed my main character and left me to play as my daughter, who is too old to become pregnant. I tried to manually trigger event 400, which instantly impregnates her with her husband as the father, but now she seems to be permanentally pregnant and won't give birth!

Any way around this?
Change your succession law?

open the command window, Pollinate <Female Target ID> <Impregnator ID> (Females can impregnate other females using this cheat but females cannot impregnate males and males cannot impregnate males using this cheat.)

when i try to change my characters age, i get the mssg:
"wrong number of arguments"
can someone please tell me what that means and/or how to fix it?

when i try to change my characters age, i get the mssg:
"wrong number of arguments"
can someone please tell me what that means and/or how to fix it?

1) Type charinfo 1 and then hover over your character. Remember the id number (eg 512345). Save and resign. Switch out of CK2.
2) With any decent text editor, search for that id number. Change the (eg) birth_date="900.1.15" as you wish. Save and close the editor, switch back to CK2 and load up your game.

Or, there is a cheat on the first page of this thread, but I've never used it. According to that info, you'd enter something like 512345 +/- 5 (which I assume modifies by years).

how can I disable revolts or make only the odd major one? I want to build a massive empire and these revolts are getting petty and annoying :)

Barring a mod, I don't think it's possible, but imprisoning the leader of the revolt(using the 'imprison CharID' cheat code) should instantly set your warscore to 100%.

A more legit solution is handing out king titles instead of hoarding them for yourself. I find that kings can generally put down peasant revolts all on their own, even if they're often somewhat lethargic about reacting to the war.

EDIT: Actually, it might be easier to mod than I first thought. Open up \common\static_modifiers.txt and in your chosen difficulty setting(for normal it's normal_player = { }) add global_revolt_risk = -1000, so that it looks like this:

normal_player = {
global_revolt_risk = -1000
}

It should work.

Last edited:
Barring a mod, I don't think it's possible, but imprisoning the leader of the revolt(using the 'imprison CharID' cheat code) should instantly set your warscore to 100%.

A more legit solution is handing out king titles instead of hoarding them for yourself. I find that kings can generally put down peasant revolts all on their own, even if they're often somewhat lethargic about reacting to the war.

EDIT: Actually, it might be easier to mod than I first thought. Open up \common\static_modifiers.txt and in your chosen difficulty setting(for normal it's normal_player = { }) add global_revolt_risk = -1000, so that it looks like this:

normal_player = {
global_revolt_risk = -1000
}

It should work.

Thanks alot, i'll give it a try.

Haha more legit way...I don't play CK2 to be legit ;)

I dont know how to destroy them holdings especially cities and bishoprics. I wish somebody had the problem solution.
You can do it by editing the save file.

open the save file in a text editor like notepad++ and type: name="(province name here keep quotations)"
this brings up the province entry.

ex:

name="Gotland"
culture=swedish
religion=catholic
max_settlements=5
b_visby=
{
type=city

If I wanted to remove Visby i simply delete the entry for it. Since the max number of settlements doesn't change I will end up with an empty settlement. If I want to edit things like walls or ports just edit the entry. Once your looking at the entry it is pretty self explanatory.

I figured this out once I learned there was no way to abandon a useless trade post that was counting against my max number of trade posts. There should really be an in game way of doing this. I didn't even want the money back.

i am having an issue with switching to vlach, any suggestions?
I tried:
culture vlach
culture vlach_slavic
culture vlach_south_slavic

any other suggestion?