• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So how do I add these traits? How would I make my character a Brilliant Strategist using the list of traits above? I have a tooltip, I know the Char ID, but what do I enter, in-game?

How do you remove or lose a trait? I don't want a guy who's both an Amateurish Plotter and a Brilliant Strategist, that seems like it might break the game.

So how do I add these traits? How would I make my character a Brilliant Strategist using the list of traits above? I have a tooltip, I know the Char ID, but what do I enter, in-game?
i use them for save game editing. I know there are events to give traits, but i dont know any of them off hand... I dont know if that add_trait thing people have mentioned works....

I open the save file using notepad++, go to the character i want(Use find, enter "charid=") for anyone over 16, or those under 16 with inherited traits, you will see traits followed by a list of #'s. You can just add/remove trait numbers, and when you start the game again they will have what you want

On another note, can ANYONE update Panadell's cheat? I love it, and I have been able to make small changes( Elite wives are now of my dynasty, created ministers stats, traits, # of troops, things like that) but i don't know enough to complete and update it. It's an amazing piece of work, and i would LOVE it to be finished....

Hi, so basicaly, i have a wife and she's Queen of Jerusalem. I and her have a son but he's not her Heir ! How do i manage to change that ?
I think there might be a solution by cheating .. no ?

add_trait "trait_name". So "trait fair" without quotes for attractive.
Is their any way to add a Trait to a character you aren't currently playing? Because I went back to my Byzantine campaign after I got LoR and I'd like to give 'Born in the Purple' to my children that should have it.

Is their any way to add a Trait to a character you aren't currently playing? Because I went back to my Byzantine campaign after I got LoR and I'd like to give 'Born in the Purple' to my children that should have it.

In the case of any trait that can be spawned by event, just type "event [event number] [character id of recipient]". You can give your character or any other MOST traits this way. In this case, born in the purple is not spawned by event. There are only two ways to add it to a character:

1) Write an event that gives a character born in the purple when fired.

2) Save game editing. Find your son's character in your save file and add trait 123 to his list of traits.

damnit, i was trying to do a series of claims but for some reason, a province of the apulia by the name of Catanzero is unsearchable to find the right name to get the claim, anyone know any other faster way to get a claim? I also wish there was a faster way to build all the buildings of both my vassels of my holdings and mine.

damnit, i was trying to do a series of claims but for some reason, a province of the apulia by the name of Catanzero is unsearchable to find the right name to get the claim, anyone know any other faster way to get a claim? I also wish there was a faster way to build all the buildings of both my vassels of my holdings and mine.

Look it up in the province list found on the wiki. The province in question is called "Consenza".

What if you landed the character (through console if need be) you want to add a trait to, then used the console to play them, added the traits, unlanded them, and then go back to play as yourself? Would that work? Although, would the unlanded character get a claim on the county you had just given them?

is there a cheat to make the ai accepts my diplomacy?? I'm tired to occupy the entire of France in a war for some county when the french army is destroyed

I don't know if it have been said before but event 20131 gives you a strong claim on a county when you have your character leading an army there. Event 20133 gives you a strong claim on that duchy

I'm having some trouble getting monthly_character_wealth (= 5) to work when appended to Very Easy difficulty. The other commands (including monthly_character_prestige) seem to work normally, but not the wealth one.

In-game, on mouse-over, the Very Easy tooltip does mention the effect, but it's just not working in practice.

Any advice?

EDIT: For the record, here's the code of the Very Easy clause. It's working perfectly aside from the non-functional wealth bonus:

Code:
very_easy_player = {
	fertility = 0.5
	land_morale = 0.5
	monthly_character_wealth = 5
	monthly_character_prestige = 2
	levy_reinforce_rate = 0.1

diplomacy = 5
	martial = 5
	stewardship = 5
	intrigue = 5
	learning = 5