• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone know how to force a crusade to end? I'm a happy catholic country but in Scandanavia Jarl Erik the Heathen won his war for Sweden early on, only time I've seen it happen, and amazingly the Norse religion spread back to Norway and Denmark as well, so I've been helping them survive and flourish without the pope noticing, but he's called a crusade, and all my hard work will be for nought, unless I can find a way to stop the crusade. I can't join it on the heathen side, I can't play as the heathens and send a peace proposal to the pope, because he won't accept, and I can't switch to the pope to offer favourable terms to the pagans. I've tried event 621, but that didn't work. I even took advantage of the Byzantine Emperor inheriting the HRE to cause a huge war that I hoped would distract the armies from heading up north. I'm all out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Anyone know how to force a crusade to end? I'm a happy catholic country but in Scandanavia Jarl Erik the Heathen won his war for Sweden early on, only time I've seen it happen, and amazingly the Norse religion spread back to Norway and Denmark as well, so I've been helping them survive and flourish without the pope noticing, but he's called a crusade, and all my hard work will be for nought, unless I can find a way to stop the crusade. I can't join it on the heathen side, I can't play as the heathens and send a peace proposal to the pope, because he won't accept, and I can't switch to the pope to offer favourable terms to the pagans. I've tried event 621, but that didn't work. I even took advantage of the Byzantine Emperor inheriting the HRE to cause a huge war that I hoped would distract the armies from heading up north. I'm all out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Use the play command to switch to the defending side and use the imprison command to imprison the pope. This will automatically give 100% warscore allowing you to win.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Character Sheet:§!\n §Y ID:§! §B[GetID]§! §Y Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §G Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n §G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!\n §Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!\n §G Father:§! [Father.GetBestName] §B[Father.GetID]§!\n §G Mother:§! [Mother.GetBestName] §B[Mother.GetID]§!\n\n §G Player:§! [GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n §Y Liege:§! [GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n LRN: §G[GetLearning]§! INT: §G[GetIntrigue]§! STW: §G[GetStewardship]§! MAR: §G[GetMartial]§! DIP: §G[GetDiplomacy]§!\n §B Ambition:§! [GetAmbition]\n §B Objective:§! [GetObjective]\n;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

There's mine. Spent a whole day on it, feel free to take it and copy it. I've found it works best if you take text1.csv and find the string and actually replace what's there with this version. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 48694

It's not perfect, but you can easily fix anything you don't like.

Thanks very much for this tooltip but what do you add to show who the Lover is

BTW to get the Heir line to work change the h in heir to H - Heir:§! [Heir.GetBestName] §B[Heir.GetID]§!\n

I was trying to create an event to increase the levy size on my provinces or, at least, my capital but it seems i'm stupid and can't do it. Tried to take the easy path before (by just sticking it in static modifiers) but it didn't work. Anyone did something like this before?

Hi,
I'm a mere 50 years to the end of this game and after some plotting (and marrying, and killing, ...), I got my hands on a good part of the french kingdom but the IA had the succession law to seniority and there are no ways I could pacify all the counties before my current ruler dies to change it back to primogeniture. And I don't want to spend my last years struggling to get it back.
I saw that there is a "succ primogeniture" command but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Do I need to specify the kingdom ?

First i would like to give credit to Shadowkire, i copied his Real Ultimate Power event to build this decision file.

I need help setting up a "Decision" that will work on other dynasty members that are not the children of my Ruler. Example meening when my sons or daughters have children i want to be able to boost them also. And in that same fact when my ruler dies and my heir takes over , i want to be able to boost other members of my same dynasty, example like cousins,nephews as long as they have the bloodrop next to their name.

Now the texts below allows you to pull all of your childrent between the ages 6-15 to your ruler to be his/her ward. This allows you to Mentor more than 2 children. I do 3 versions of this text below. One to stats, traits, and to remove any bad traits. Each time you have to assign the children a new guardian , use the decison and it pulls the children that are not being mentored by you, back to you.

You make a new text document or notepad/wordpad. Name it exactly what your gonna call it in game. See my second line showing childtrait =. That line is what the Decision will be labeled in game. So you can lable that what you want, for house keeping i name it the same as the file. I think underscore will allow you to space it out. That AI will not use this decision. You place this file into your Decisions folder.

decisions = {

childtrait = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {
any_child = {

limit = {
age = 6
NOT = { age = 16 }
NOT = { guardian = {
character = ROOT }
}
}
set_guardian = root
add_trait = chaste
add_trait = temperate
add_trait = charitable
add_trait = kind
add_trait = patient
add_trait = humble
add_trait = honest
add_trait = brave
add_trait = gregarious
add_trait = content
add_trait = just
add_trait = zealous
add_trait = scholar
add_trait = gardener
add_trait = mystic
add_trait = fair
add_trait = genius
add_trait = strong
add_trait = diligent
add_trait = grey_eminence
remove_trait = naive_appeaser
remove_trait = underhanded_rogue
remove_trait = charismatic_negotiator
add_trait = elusive_shadow
remove_trait = amateurish_plotter
remove_trait = flamboyant_schemer
remove_trait = intricate_webweaver
add_trait = midas_touched
remove_trait = indulgent_wastrel
remove_trait = thrifty_clerk
remove_trait = fortune_builder
add_trait = brilliant_strategist
remove_trait = misguided_warrior
remove_trait = tough_soldier
remove_trait = skilled_tactician
add_trait = mastermind_theologian
remove_trait = detached_priest
remove_trait = martial_cleric
remove_trait = scholarly_theologian
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

This next one is to boost their stats. I dont do intrigue because i dont want some master plotters going against me but, you can add that if you want. Now make sure that you do this once only. If you have 4 kids between ages 6-15 and they are all being mentored by somone else, 1 click gives these boost to all those kids. The other decisions wont matter if done multiple times on a kid because it wont stack the same trait. But this one below could have your stats bug out and you have to do it a few times more but they will be 90's, then 80s if you keep messing up.

decisions = {

childstats = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {
any_child = {

limit = {
age = 6
NOT = { age = 16 }
NOT = { guardian = {
character = ROOT }
}
}
set_guardian = root
change_diplomacy = 100
change_martial = 100
change_stewardship = 100
change_learning = 100

ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

This last one removes bad traits. So if you have a child with some kind of defect you can fix that. Again, it wont work if they are already being mentored by you.

decisions = {

childstatus = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {
any_child = {

limit = {
age = 6
NOT = { age = 16 }
NOT = { guardian = {
character = ROOT }
}
}
set_guardian = root
remove_trait = stressed
remove_trait = depressed
remove_trait = lunatic
remove_trait = possessed
remove_trait = ill
remove_trait = pneumonic
remove_trait = syphilitic
remove_trait = leper
remove_trait = wounded
remove_trait = maimed
remove_trait = infirm
remove_trait = incapable
remove_trait = drunkard
remove_trait = has_tuberculosis
remove_trait = has_typhoid_fever
remove_trait = has_typhus
remove_trait = has_bubonic_plague
remove_trait = has_measles
remove_trait = has_small_pox
remove_trait = lustful
remove_trait = gluttonous
remove_trait = greedy
remove_trait = slothful
remove_trait = envious
remove_trait = wroth
remove_trait = proud
remove_trait = homosexual
remove_trait = stressed
remove_trait = stutter
remove_trait = ugly
remove_trait = dwarf
remove_trait = clubfooted
remove_trait = harelip
remove_trait = hunchback
remove_trait = lisp
remove_trait = slow
remove_trait = weak
remove_trait = inbred
remove_trait = imbecile
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

Now the next Decision file will work for your current ruler only. Becareful with the stat boost, you can go click happy and bug it out. Works like the ones for your children but no mentor needed. The drawback is using the stat boost to get the intrigue. If you have used the stat boost on your future heir then you cant get the 100+ intrigue, so you make the call to hold out or not. Or you could just make decision stat boost for your future heir :).

decisions = {

stats = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {

change_diplomacy = 100
change_martial = 100
change_stewardship = 100
change_learning = 100
change_intrigue = 100
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

You basically can use this to do a bad trait fixer for your ruler, good for using on ruler designer , load him/her up with bad traits and flood your Health/fertility. Or just health. And yes you can remove incapable.

decisions = {

remove_bad_trait = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {
remove_trait = stressed
remove_trait = depressed
remove_trait = lunatic
remove_trait = possessed
remove_trait = ill
remove_trait = pneumonic
remove_trait = syphilitic
remove_trait = leper
remove_trait = wounded
remove_trait = maimed
remove_trait = infirm
remove_trait = incapable
remove_trait = drunkard
remove_trait = has_tuberculosis
remove_trait = has_typhoid_fever
remove_trait = has_typhus
remove_trait = has_bubonic_plague
remove_trait = has_measles
remove_trait = has_small_pox
remove_trait = lustful
remove_trait = gluttonous
remove_trait = greedy
remove_trait = slothful
remove_trait = envious
remove_trait = wroth
remove_trait = proud
remove_trait = homosexual
remove_trait = stressed
remove_trait = stutter
remove_trait = ugly
remove_trait = dwarf
remove_trait = clubfooted
remove_trait = harelip
remove_trait = hunchback
remove_trait = lisp
remove_trait = slow
remove_trait = weak
remove_trait = inbred
remove_trait = imbecile
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

Now if anyone can figure out how to get the children portion of the decisions to work on extended family members of your dynasy post it up or pm me. Thanks!

Nevermind i figured it out. This will pull all members of your dynasty 6-15 to you to be menotored. Even if they are in another court, but they must be bloodlined.

effect = {

any_dynasty_member = {
limit = {
age = 6
NOT = { age = 16 }
NOT = { guardian = {character = ROOT }
}
}

I was trying to create an event to increase the levy size on my provinces or, at least, my capital but it seems i'm stupid and can't do it. Tried to take the easy path before (by just sticking it in static modifiers) but it didn't work. Anyone did something like this before?

Anyone figured this out?

There are multiple ways to increase the levy size. Here´s one which should work :rolleyes: :

Create a new modifier in common/event_modifiers
Example:
Code:
province_booster = {
	levy_size = 0.5
	local_revolt_risk = -0.5
	garrison_size = 0.5
	icon = 2	
}

The event for this (needs to be in the events folder ofc :p ) :
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 9888889
	desc = "Province Booster"
	picture = GFX_evt_death

is_triggered_only = yes
	trigger = {
	ai = no }
		option = {
                name = "Booster"
		any_demesne_title = { 

location = {
		add_province_modifier = {
					name = "province_booster"
					duration = -1
				}	
			}
}

}
}

Or if you like to trigger this via decisions ( needs to be in the decisions folder ofc :p ) instead:
Code:
decisions = {
province_boost = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
				}
		effect = {
			any_demesne_title = { 

location = {
					duration = -1
				}	
			}
			}
			}
			}
			}

How do I force a crusade to start,

because Crusader Kings II all the time feels like Civil War Kings II, since there is almost never any crusades. >_>

Last edited:
There are multiple ways to increase the levy size. Here´s one which should work :rolleyes: :

Create a new modifier in common/event_modifiers
Example:
Code:
province_booster = {
	levy_size = 0.5
	local_revolt_risk = -0.5
	garrison_size = 0.5
	icon = 2	
}

The event for this (needs to be in the events folder ofc :p ) :
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 9888889
	desc = "Province Booster"
	picture = GFX_evt_death

is_triggered_only = yes
	trigger = {
	ai = no }
		option = {
                name = "Booster"
		any_demesne_title = { 

location = {
					duration = -1
				}	
			}
}

}
}

Or if you like to trigger this via decisions ( needs to be in the decisions folder ofc :p ) instead:
Code:
decisions = {
province_boost = {
		potential = {
			ai = no
				}
		effect = {
			any_demesne_title = { 

location = {
					duration = -1
				}	
			}
			}
			}
			}
			}

Don´t work for me

Since the Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture seems to be buggy in the latest version of the game (please, refer to my bug report http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?630262-Wrong-results-on-Succession-when-having-only-daughters&p=14303232), would it be possible to force to set a certain character as the heir of my Empire and kingdoms with Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture? I would like it to be my oldest daughter (as expected), but currently it's my youngest daughter because of the bug...

Is there an event to get a bastard?

I badly need a male bastard so I can legitimize him and carry on my dynasty. My ruler is 50 years old with a young wife but I don't think he can get her pregnant any more since he has the old trait.

I badly need a male bastard so I can legitimize him and carry on my dynasty. My ruler is 50 years old with a young wife but I don't think he can get her pregnant any more since he has the old trait.

In console command type
event 450 123456
where 123456 is the ID of the female your character has an affair with

Random chance whether the child is male or female

guys i have problem with console i cannot write underscore character so i cannot use cheats like marry_anyone i can write it here in forum but cannot write it in game underscore just wont appear anyone know where might be problem ? i have version 1.06

Use the pollinate command. pollinate female id your id

guys i have problem with console i cannot write underscore character so i cannot use cheats like marry_anyone i can write it here in forum but cannot write it in game underscore just wont appear anyone know where might be problem ? i have version 1.06

Do you have an English qwerty keyboard?