• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I need some help, yet again, this time, with the move cheat.

I'm trying to move someone to another lieges court, but it always ends up in an "unknown location", and the person I moving ends up "dying". How I set the cheat up? I thought it was move (person moving) (person to be moved to), but it never works.

Has anyone managed to get it to work?

Last edited:
my bad, the move cheat doesn't allow you to move a character to another person's court, you'll have to switch to the landed character in who's court you want the unlanded character to be in and utilise the move cheat from there.

my bad, the move cheat doesn't allow you to move a character to another person's court, you'll have to switch to the landed character in who's court you want the unlanded character to be in and utilise the move cheat from there.

I figured that was the case, and thank you for you help. I guess I'll have to do that.

That being said, why does the cheat "help" says you can do it? Let me quote exactly what it says:

"move [<Character ID>( Mover )] [<Character ID>( Move To )]"
"Move a character to a character's court"

So clearly, at some point, you COULD do it, according to the help cheat.

Not questioning ya, I thank you for your help. But clearly, something has changed and no one was told what changed.

I think, like the Charinfo cheat, that it's there, but they haven't activated it yet. The cheat -Imprison <character id> <character id> - works, so it stands to reason that the -move <character id> <character id> - should work, but alas, it does not.

On another note: I've been trying to make my own event to remove the bastard and legit_bastard traits, I can get the event to fire when the event id is triggered, but it doesn't take effect. Any help? Or you know, can someone write one and share? I'm not picky.

On another note: I've been trying to make my own event to remove the bastard and legit_bastard traits, I can get the event to fire when the event id is triggered, but it doesn't take effect. Any help? Or you know, can someone write one and share? I'm not picky.

Have you tried:

remove_trait: bastard (sic not sure of exact wording)
remove_trait: legitimate_bastard (sic, same here)

Or something like that? If you have, maybe you can't remove it. I heard it's hardcoded or something. I think you could switch from bastard to legit bastard, though.

I think, like the Charinfo cheat, that it's there, but they haven't activated it yet. The cheat -Imprison <character id> <character id> - works, so it stands to reason that the -move <character id> <character id> - should work, but alas, it does not.

Except the Charinfo code works now. It has to be charinfo "something" and that something doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I tried that, it didn't work. They're probably hardcoded like hell. The best I could do is switch the legit bastard to my dynasty, even removing the is_bastard = yes doesn't seem to do anything, so alas, I'll suffer through my multitude of bastards. Or I could kill them. . .

Yeah, I tried that, it didn't work. They're probably hardcoded like hell. The best I could do is switch the legit bastard to my dynasty, even removing the is_bastard = yes doesn't seem to do anything, so alas, I'll suffer through my multitude of bastards. Or I could kill them. . .

I´m using a modified birth event cos of that :eek:o

Just replacing Event 300 in birth_events.txt with
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 300
	desc = "EVTDESC300"
	picture = "GFX_evt_birth"

is_triggered_only = yes 

immediate = {
		if = {
			limit = {
				father = { has_character_modifier = cheator } # This one needs to be modified if you´re not using "cheator"
			}
			father = { ROOT = { dynasty = PREV } }
			remove_trait = bastard				
		}	
	}

option = {
		name = "OK"
		if = {
			limit = {

father = { NOT = { has_character_modifier = cheator } }# This one needs to be modified if you´re not using "cheator"
							}
			father = {
				character_event = { id = 301 days = 1 } 
			}
		}
	}
}

No bastards anymore :happy:

Event 451, however firing without a character ID will initiate it for yourself (you go to bed with yourself). So for it to work correctly, you have to put a character ID in.

Ex: event 451 58108.

Use charinfo 1 to see character IDs.

Thanks I will try this when I get home. Hmm triggering the event with yourself definitely gives a new meaning to loving yourself ;).

If you really need to "fix" characters and there isn't a console command for what you have in mind, you can always edit the savegame.
The save files are in clear text, but they are honking big, so I advise using a hex editor nonetheless (they can handle huge files way better than word processors).

You may even be able to bring a dead character back to life, dunno, haven't tried. =)
But I'm pretty sure you can remove the bastard trait via savegame.

What I did do, however, is stuff like assigning myself as ward for my grandson, when I'd forgotten his 6th birthday and his inconsiderate worthless parents entrusted him to some drunkard sloth.

There must be something more to event 451 because I will get the pop up saying asking me if I want to go to their bed chambers, but nothing happens after that I don't end up with a lover.

Ahh. I forgot to mention that it only works on those who have you listed as their liege. Sorry about that.

I´m using a modified birth event cos of that :eek:o

Just replacing Event 300 in birth_events.txt with
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 300
	desc = "EVTDESC300"
	picture = "GFX_evt_birth"

is_triggered_only = yes 

immediate = {
		if = {
			limit = {
				father = { has_character_modifier = cheator } # This one needs to be modified if you´re not using "cheator"
			}
			father = { ROOT = { dynasty = PREV } }
			remove_trait = bastard				
		}	
	}

option = {
		name = "OK"
		if = {
			limit = {

father = { NOT = { has_character_modifier = cheator } }# This one needs to be modified if you´re not using "cheator"
							}
			father = {
				character_event = { id = 301 days = 1 } 
			}
		}
	}
}

No bastards anymore :happy:

Thank you! I can;t get your guardian event to work anymore, is it my game or did the update render the event unusable?