• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Event 400 doesn't work like that. It gives the "pregnant" trait, but doesn't impregnate the woman. You need:
Code:
impregnate = ROOT
for that to work.
Add this event to any file in /events (or a new file) and fire it to make your woman character pregnant, as long as she has a spouse (there must always be a set father).
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 187001
	desc = ""
	picture = GFX_evt_quarrel

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = "OK"
		spouse = {
			impregnate = ROOT
		}
	}
}

Later I can write up some more, to make your wife pregnant if you're a man, or to have a child with a random courtier.

There a way to give ambitions to other people in the court other then your character? I'm playing as Metz and constantly saving and re-loading because the game is insistant that my Counts youngest son wants to get married. Problem is, I'm playing him as not just the court chaplin but as a priest which means NO BLOODY WIFE!

New Cheats

I don't know if these have been discovered yet, but I found some cheats while searching the .exe file. I didn't have time to test all of them, but if anyone can open their exe with a hex editor and search a text string for "cheat", you should be able to find the location with all console commands. :cool:

extra console commands

clear = clears console
neg_diplo = Can Send diplomatic proposals that will be refused (again turns it off)
succ <insert succession law here! Warning by itself or an undefined law will set it to none!>
observe = Turns you into a question mark and allows you to *observe* the game without playing. You must reload to undo affect.
imprison <char-id> = imprison character
nextsong = force change music
pollinate <f-char-id> <m-char-id> = impregnates the female by the male
hello <char-id> = switch to the character's page
banish <char-id> = forces a character to leave current court
give_title <title-id> <char-id> = gives title to character
murder <char-id of the murderer> <char-id of who you wished to be murdered> = forces an attempt at murder, doesn't promise success
revolt <prov-id> = causes a revolt in the chosen province
help = No help for you!

Character Codes

nickname <insert nickname key here> = changes your character's nickname
age <char-id> +/-(#) = Add or subtract a character's age
add_diplomacy <char-id> +/-(#) = Add or subtract a charcter's diplomacy
add_intrigue <char-id> +/-(#) = Add or subtract a charcter's intrigue
add_stewardship <char-id> +/-(#) = Add or subtract a character's stewardship
add_learning <char-id> +/-(#) = Add or subtract a character's learning

(Sadly, I couldn't find one for martial!)

Codes that are in the exe that I haven't figure out yet and/or do nothing

recalc_succ = Not sure what this does yet. Probably something to do with succession.
enable_ambition = Not sure what this does yet... probably something with ambitions.
testachieve event = does something haven't had time to test it yet.
guardian = Not sure what this does
pirate = "No pirates here, only ninjas" not sure what this does?
validate_lieges = Not sure what this does, haven't tested it yet
validate_laws = Not sure what this does, haven't tested it yet
titleowner = I think it gives titles to char-id, but it keeps telling me invalid title
move = Does something, haven't had time to test it yet
morehumans = not sure what
fullscreen = not sure what
luado = Not sure what
window = not sure
open = not sure
close = not sure
reload = not sure
mapautosave = not sure
refresh_portraits = not sure

Cash, piety and prestige can be edited numerically ex:

cash 50 will give you 50 gold instead of 5000... or you can enter whatever number you like.

Edit: With all these codes it makes me wonder if Pdox would be interested in a scenario editing and/or an extra debug commands DLC. I would love to be able to edit all numerical values, names, ages, stats, families, ownership, locations, etc. all through the console window without tedious text editing.

Last edited:
Cool

Is there something like debug id to display character info and id to target some of these cheats?

I wish, but it seems the only way to find said information is in the history folder (for new games) or your save game file (for games already started).

Any cheat to get all technologies? IN DEMO

No, and I believe cheats only work in the full version anyway.

Is there a command to get a (legitime) Bastard? I need a heir. My King is lustful, but the problem is his mature wife ...

I think I have all in all not much children: Is the Changing of the defines.txt:

2 #_CHDEF_BASE_NR_OF_CHILDREN_PER_COUPLE_ ( The number of children allowed per couple )

means set 3,4,5 instead of "2" a reason for this problem or makes this the game instabil?

Has anyone gotten the Fog of War cheat to work yet? I have tried everything in the book and even though the command line says fow is now turned off, nothing changes on the map as it's still a fog.

Hopefully someone in the future will be able to find out how to display the character ID--I really hate having to go into the save game file because it seems to take quite a long time to load the whole thing, especially in a longer game.

Can someone provide me some assistance? the kill 'Character-ID#' cheats isn't working, I tried all dort of combination and I keep getting invalid character D:

The correct format for titleowner should be

titleowner <title-id> <char-id>

I think the difference between this one and give_title is that the former doesn't give the vassals and everything underneath the title itself.

I found a way to force diplomatic relations with the AI: neg_diplo may not act like a byzantine or fullcontrol cheat, but it does allow you to force send your request anyway. Just pause the game when you make the request, use play to jump to the receipient and accept your request yourself. Then jump back to your character of choice when you’re done. Though, I still think it would be easier if there was some kind of byzantine cheat.

As for fow cheat, I think it may be broken. I believe the correct format for the cheat is fow <char-id> and it should lift the fog of war for the character selected, but all it does is crash the game. I really don't know why else it would crash when a character id is put in....

Ripped from cheap happens:

1030 - lose temperate
1031 - lose gluttonous
1032 - lose charitable
1033 - lose greedy
1034 - lose diligent
1035 - lose slothful
1036 - lose kind
1037 - lose envious
1038 - lose patient
1039 - lose wroth
1040 - lose humble
1041 - lose proud
1042 - lose lustful
1043 - lose honest
1044 - lose deceitful
1045 - lose brave
1046 - lose craven
1047 - lose gregarious
1048 - lose shy
1049 - lose content
1050 - lose ambitious
1051 - lose just
1052 - lose arbitrary
1053 - lose zealous
1054 - lose cynical
1055 - lose paranoid
1056 - lose trusting
24506 - imprisons random court/vassal individual
20200 - collects special tithe
20000 - increases pope's opinion
20410 - gives levy reinforcement
20230 - master builder (5%)

The last one I tried and works but you have to give it some time to impregnate your wife. I have only tried this on male rulers so I am not sure about female rulers since I have not tried it. Try it on female rulers at your own risk.

event 24504

You can also create your own events (once again ripped):

O'key, people...
Here are my cheating events. Just create a file in Events directory and copy\past 'em inside. I'll give a little explanation to each one of them.
1st event

character_event = {

id = 280001
desc = "Cheat event 1"
picture = GFX_evt_council #Placeholder?
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Prestige"
prestige = 100
}

option = {
name = "Wealth"
wealth = 500
}

option = {
name = "Piety"
piety = 100
}
}

Pretty strightforward. The numbers can be adjusted to your preferences.

2nd event

character_event = {

id = 280002
desc = "Cheat event 2"
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Get Claim"
job_chancellor = {
character_event = { id = 913 days = 1 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Fast Build"
job_treasurer = {
character_event = { id = 923 days = 1 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Steal Research"
job_spymaster = {
character_event = { id = 932 days = 1 }
}
}
}

These are reflection-type callers for events of your council chars: simply assign 'em a mission, call the event and the next day their "mission event" will fire - pretty good for making fast claims on territories.

NOTE! Fast build only gets your... err.. steward? an -5% to build time feat.

3rd event

character_event = {

id = 280003
desc = "Cheat event 3"
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Cultural Research"
job_spiritual = {
character_event = { id = 926 days = 1 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Convert County"
job_spiritual = {
character_event = { id = 900 days = 1 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Convert Noble"
job_spiritual = {
character_event = { id = 901 days = 1 }
}
}
}

Your "high priest" (the one on council) "mission events". Pretty self-explanatory.

4th event

character_event = {

id = 280004
desc = "Cheat event 4"
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Cure"
remove_trait = maimed
remove_trait = ill
remove_trait = wounded
remove_trait = stressed
}

option = {
name = "Malady"
add_trait = maimed
add_trait = ill
add_trait = wounded
add_trait = stressed
}

}

Again no need to explain. Useful to quickly kill your ruler... or make him live a couple more years.

5th event

character_event = {

id = 280005
desc = "Cheat event 5"
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Civ tech"
FROM = {
location = { change_random_civ_tech = 10 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Eco tech"
FROM = {
location = { change_random_eco_tech = 10 }
}
}

option = {
name = "Mil tech"
FROM = {
location = { change_random_mil_tech = 10 }
}
}
}

Adds 1 star to a RANDOM tech. NOTE I said RANDOM!! You may need to call it many many many times to get enough levels to all your techs in a single tech tree.

Just finished writing the last one. Used it indirectly and forgot to add into my "cheats.txt" file.
6th event

character_event = {

id = 280006
desc = "Cheat event 6"
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Learning"
change_learning = 1
}

option = {
name = "Martial"
change_martial = 1
}

option = {
name = "Diplomacy"
change_diplomacy = 1
}

option = {
name = "Stewardship"
change_stewardship = 1
}

option = {
name = "Intrigue"
change_intrigue = 1
}

}

Self-explanatory. Note not sure if the last option (intrigue) will be visible. If not add another event into file with just that option. Or copy the "change_intrigue = 1" line into some other option.

I wrote the code like this; kill character-ID28004 that didn't work then I type kill Character - ID28004 that didn't work either.