• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do they have to make cheats.. ruins the game for everyone.. All sense of achievement is lost when you know you could have been an asshole and just used cheats.

Why do they have to make cheats.. ruins the game for everyone.. All sense of achievement is lost when you know you could have been an asshole and just used cheats.
I don't use any cheats, except for marry_anyone.

If people want to cheat, let them cheat. Why does it bother you? If you can't play cheating, then don't. No one here is crapping at your right to play without cheats.

Here's a build all cheat by decision for all of you. You can modify it to suit your needs.

decisions = {

build_cheat = {
potential = {
ai = no
}
effect = {
any_demesne_title = {

limit = {
NOT = {
has_building = ca_barracks_6
}
}

add_building = ca_wall_1
add_building = ca_wall_2
add_building = ca_wall_3
add_building = ca_wall_4
add_building = ca_wall_5
add_building = ca_barracks_1
add_building = ca_barracks_2
add_building = ca_barracks_3
add_building = ca_barracks_4
add_building = ca_barracks_5
add_building = ca_barracks_6
add_building = ca_militia_barracks_1
add_building = ca_militia_barracks_2
add_building = ca_militia_barracks_3
add_building = ca_keep_1
add_building = ca_keep_2
add_building = ca_keep_3
add_building = ca_keep_4
add_building = ca_keep_5
add_building = ca_keep_6
add_building = ca_stable_1
add_building = ca_stable_2
add_building = ca_stable_3
add_building = ca_stable_4
add_building = ca_stable_5
add_building = ca_town_1
add_building = ca_town_2
add_building = ca_town_3
add_building = ca_town_4
add_building = ca_town_5
add_building = ca_wall_q_1
add_building = ca_wall_q_2
add_building = ca_wall_q_3
add_building = ca_wall_q_4
add_building = ca_wall_q_5
add_building = ca_training_grounds_1
add_building = ca_training_grounds_2
}
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
}
}
}

The cheat for claims doesnt work well with names that have spaces. Cant figure out how to get it to work for inse gall or the isle of man or the duchy of the isles for example.

Have you tried like d_the_isles, d_theisles, d_isles ?

can someone please PLEASE put this in the first post?

charinfo - enables extra character info, including the debug (char) id, for EVERYONE you hover over.

This command is criminally underutilized by the people I've seen posting lately, stay out of your save files...this will save you SO much time :)

Holy shit, this. I wish I would have known.

Did you read my post just two before yours? I used cheats to rectify a situation that was ruining my role playing situation in my game. There are many reasons to use cheats such as these. Sense of accomplishment? It's not so hard to conquer large empires, it's the roleplaying and the minor details that keep it fun, and using cheats in rare situations can often be helpful.

The cheat for claims doesnt work well with names that have spaces. Cant figure out how to get it to work for inse gall or the isle of man or the duchy of the isles for example.

For titles it can be useful to look in 'Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\history\titles'

Specficially I think you want
d_western_isles
c_isle_of_man
c_innse_gall

Been playing around a bit, and here's a couple of things I've discovered!

If you add a character ID after entering the event id, you play the event as if you were the character who's id you entered.

I.E. event 280004 (xcorps event) allows you to cure or maim yourself
event 280004 114 (edweard the confessor) allows you to cure of maim edweard the confessor.

getting a claim via the claim cheat

claim d_york gets you a claim
claim d_york 114 gets edweard the confessor a claim on the duchy of york.

I use this to get my spouse claims on their parents property if they don't have one, or to fabricate CB's and place my spouse in a position of power.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT use the event id+character ID cheat with Panadell's add distant kind section of the cheat, it kills the spouse of the character you are trying to add family too. instead, switch character's via the play+character id cheat and do it that way.

You can also change a person's culture/religion/nickname

culture+character id nameofculture

religion+character id nameofreligion

nickname nick_name_id character id

Last edited:
Is there a way of emptying the court without in-game assassination?

EDIT: Oh, I'll just use the kill code! :)

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure something out. In my France game I embraced a heresy. I had papal invest while I was Catholic but now it simply doesn't feel right I'm not the one appointing bishops when I broke off from the church, but i dont have the option to switch to free investure. Any cheat or manipulation I can do to fix that?

It's working for me.
give_title title character.
Like, give_title k_england 1000
Make sure it's not the only title the current ruler holds, and that it isn't a titular one(The only cases that didn't work for me)

It's working for me.
give_title title character.
Like, give_title k_england 1000
Make sure it's not the only title the current ruler holds, and that it isn't a titular one(The only cases that didn't work for me)

Yeah, I'm typing the syntax correctly but its just telling me unknown command. Weird.

Alright apparently after restarting my game it now works, sorta. In the OP it says that all titles and vassals under that title would be given to me, but it seems like I'm not actually given them. I just get the title and then the person that had that title becomes the count/baron/bishop/etc.

For instance, I'm trying to create the de jure kingdom of Germany at 1066 and basically break up the Holy Roman Empire into kingdoms. I was trying to give myself the Kingdom of Germany title which would theoretically give me all of the vassals that are in the provinces of the de jure Kingdom of Germany (at least with my understanding) but all it's doing is taking Bavaria and changing the name to Germany. Then when I try and use the same command on a the duchy owners it's just giving me the duchy title and they keep everything under it.

God I'm confused.

FIXED

Alright, for anyone having the same kind of problem I had, just give yourself the county title, and usurp the duchy title.

Last edited:
Been playing around a bit, and here's a couple of things I've discovered!

If you add a character ID after entering the event id, you play the event as if you were the character who's id you entered.

I.E. event 280004 (xcorps event) allows you to cure or maim yourself
event 280004 114 (edweard the confessor) allows you to cure of maim edweard the confessor.

getting a claim via the claim cheat

claim d_york gets you a claim
claim d_york 114 gets edweard the confessor a claim on the duchy of york.

I use this to get my spouse claims on their parents property if they don't have one, or to fabricate CB's and place my spouse in a position of power.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT use the event id+character ID cheat with Panadell's add distant kind section of the cheat, it kills the spouse of the character you are trying to add family too. instead, switch character's via the play+character id cheat and do it that way.

You can also change a person's culture/religion/nickname

culture+character id nameofculture

religion+character id nameofreligion

nickname nick_name_id character id

Ohhh so with Panadell's multi event cheat I can add all the seven virtues to all the people in my court without being forced get a "game over" screen by using the "play" code. Thank you
for discovering this!

EDIT: But I have discovered something, in normal like event 80070 which is the event for adding traits. After clicking the virtues that char gets the virtues but also gets the same event again cause its coded like that in the event file. So the AI picks up another random option for it self (sometimes kills themselves -.-). I removed those lines form the options in the text file like character_event = { id = 800070 } so the char that I want him/her to get the traits doesn't get another event.

Last edited: