• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am looking to set up a particular play scenario and want to know if there is a console cheat (or how to edit the save game file to do the same thing) that will allow me to choose my regent (where the ruler is imprisoned by a foreign ruler). Is there are regent <char-id> type command, or where in the guts of the save game file could I change the regent ID?

Thanks in advance to any help you could provide.

Am looking to set up a particular play scenario and want to know if there is a console cheat (or how to edit the save game file to do the same thing) that will allow me to choose my regent (where the ruler is imprisoned by a foreign ruler). Is there are regent <char-id> type command, or where in the guts of the save game file could I change the regent ID?

Thanks in advance to any help you could provide.

I don't think there's any console command for it, but if you find your character in the savefile, there's a line "regent = 0000000" (or something close to it). Change the id to the regent of your choice :)

So a little lesson learned here for fans of the "give_title" command:

I gave a county to a "duke" of an invading horde...not realizing I, more or less, made the invasion a success....but my goal was actually to turn the guy into a count, and leave the horde.

Interestingly he was invading a totally different area...

So yeah...if you ever feel like making some brutal conqueror a lowly count, or baron, you may want to give away any of his titles to someone in his court first...otherwise the higher crown takes ownership. Thankfully the area I accidentally invaded was re-taken by its original Kingdom, but my game was temporarily goofy...

Is there any way to increase the size of your court above 30 without effecting the fertility of the people in it, as it is doing my head in micromanaging it all the time. I even married one grandaughter off to an 80 year old hoping he would die quick, but then she comes back to my court for no reason (he is still alive)within weeks. It is crazy. It is idiotic that the size is the same whether you control one Demense or seven. Surely the more you control the larger it will be. If I could change this it will enable me to play the game again as at the moment it is ruining it.

If there isn't a simple solution does anyone know if any of the mods gets around this. I have read up on the main ones but couldn't see anything.

Is there any way to increase the size of your court above 30 without effecting the fertility of the people in it, as it is doing my head in micromanaging it all the time. I even married one grandaughter off to an 80 year old hoping he would die quick, but then she comes back to my court for no reason (he is still alive)within weeks. It is crazy. It is idiotic that the size is the same whether you control one Demense or seven. Surely the more you control the larger it will be. If I could change this it will enable me to play the game again as at the moment it is ruining it.

If there isn't a simple solution does anyone know if any of the mods gets around this. I have read up on the main ones but couldn't see anything.

you should look in /common/defines.txt

you'll find what you are looking for there.

You guys are hella helpful! Does anyone know why my map is uncoloured? I've tried a couple of things to get it set back right, but I think patch e or f broke it and the subsequent patches haven't fixed it.

Oh man I ran into a huge mess in my game this thread saved me.

I'm playing a duke rising within the ERE and I was at war with the emir of Syria. I was at a point where it was sure I would win the war and my duke died apparently in some accident in a joust I never agreed to participate in. I got angry and reloaded the autosave at the beginning of the war. But now, every time I try reloading it, the ERE also declares the same holy war for Syria, gobbling away at them before I have the opportunity, and totally ruining my experience. I almost just quit playing.
I wish there was a byzantine cheat, but I did neg_diplo, sent a peace offer to my enemy, switched to playing as him after looking up his ID in the save file, accepted the peace offer, then switched back to my character. Now things are as they should be. :)

can someone please PLEASE put this in the first post?

charinfo - enables extra character info, including the debug (char) id, for EVERYONE you hover over.

This command is criminally underutilized by the people I've seen posting lately, stay out of your save files...this will save you SO much time :)