• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just to answer my own question, 1.05c has implemented a new command "charinfo" that can be triggered in the console to reveal the char id.

Do I trigger charinfo the same way I'd input the money/prestige/event cheats, with the tilde command box? Do I need to do this every time I want to get a character ID? I hope not, it would be such a hassle, especially when I'm trying to pollinate, tooltip is so convenient :p

Could someone write a casus belli that just lets you declare war on anyone and everyone and claim their land? I think that would be a really useful "cheat" insofar as busting open the gates of expansionism wide open.

EDIT:
Problem solved, you have to exit and reload Crusader Kings 2, not just a save.
Some help please. I have a character who isn't ready for the afterlife yet, but he's Weak, wounded and maimed.

SO

I created a file called cheat_events.txt in the events folder.

I copied and pasted exactly this:
character_event = {

id = 280004
desc = "Cheat event 4"
picture = GFX_evt_council #Placeholder?
is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
name = "Cure"
remove_trait = maimed
remove_trait = ill
remove_trait = wounded
remove_trait = stressed
}

option = {
name = "Malady"
add_trait = maimed
add_trait = ill
add_trait = wounded
add_trait = stressed
}

}

Then saved and reloaded the game. I typed in Event 280004 in the console, and received "Event not found" in reply.
Do I need to completely exit the game?

Pretty much don't know what to do next.

Thanks!

Last edited:
event 20000 = capital converts to your(?) religion + piety + increased relations with the pope
event 20310 = you flee the thugs => lose 10 prestige
event 20350 = a local noble is homosexual => blackmail him OR spread rumors OR leave him be [i tried to blackmail, nothing happened so far]
event 20360 = maybe the counterpart of the above event => get 100 coins from yourself because you won't boast out your own homosexuality [i did not become homosexual so far]
event 20020 = flee heathen savages and lose 10 prestige
event 20021 = get wounded + get zealous + inform your liege of a heathen attack
event 20030 = become heretic (takes a while)

some reflexive events, maybe in combination with charIDs they can make sense:

event 20010 = convert to your own religion
event 20011 = convert to your own religion
event 20012 = convert to your own religion
event 20023 = your court chaplain(you) gets killed during inquisition [actually i did not get killed]
event 20320 = steal tech from your own capital, maybe works with a county ID
event 20330 = you uncoveryourself stealing tech => imprison OR get 15 prestige
event 20160 = sow dissent with yourself :)
event 20270 = become heretic OR imprison yourself because of heresy [i chose imprison but nothing happens]
event 20290 = you are being sent to your own court as your spymaster to investigate something => silence yourself OR not [i tried silence but nothing happens]

Demo event
Hi. I have no view on cheating so if this is unwanted then please modderate it out since the console was disabled in the demo. I like playing with the code and numbers of this game. I started playing with this script in the demo and there are plenty of things you can do. To the point. I made one event for the demo that contains allot of options for Mathilda. It is sett to go off two times at the start of the game between age 20 and 23 but that can be changed to whatever or just turn off the trigger. I got some ideas and help from this thread and i thought you might have use for this event(mainly impregnating and killing) or part of it for cheating or use part of the code for making script mods. It is still a work in progress so some parts might be missing and i am sorry for my poor english. It began as a small test event but as i went along i found more things that it could do. So it is a bit messy. Not too messy i hope. The idea of the script is that you can use it to fire a new script when you press an option. The first event is the event menu and you have to go back there to close the event, unless the event kills you ;) . Since it seems the limit is 4 options on every page i used the last option to go back to the previous event or further back. And from there you can fire all the other events or take paths to them. Sometimes an option will change something and at the same time fire a new event. copy the code text into a file in the /events folder and it should work. If it works for the vanilla game then you can fire it using the console command. Start event is 800060

List of what it can do and notes.

Skills = changing diplomacy, martial, stewardship, intrigue and learning
Health = change health +1 -1 or +10000
Fertility chance = add fertility lots, some or remove alot
Impregnate = Spouse (always the woman. One kid pr click(sometimes twin) and no bad traits added, thanks Battlecry), lover, impregnate by liege(seem to work on same gender, miracle)
Traits = add seven virtues or sins and a couple other good ones.
Health traits = remove all bad ones, including incapable. Includes an instant self kill event and one event that gives possessed and lunatic traits for some fun events.
Career = Lets you change your career trait to the best one in the career you want. Or try to have all five on your own risk.
Cash, prestige and piety = no explaining needed
Religion = Change your religion, its moral authority, kill the head of the religion (change religion, change its authority to minimum creates lots of heresys), last option lets you activate the three holy orders early. Makes them accessible to be hired. The Shiiite muslims gets one holy order from the start that i have seen.
Culture = change your culture to one of the 50 you can choose from. Some options change your culture while taking you further to choose from more.
Free Troops = Used the mongol event to give you free troops in galleys for no upkeep. Spawns near Norway.
Courtiers = Adds 5 skilled courtiers instead of changing skills on your current ones, each with their own specialty. Tried to give them ok traits. Another option adds a skilled wife and the last one gives you a kindsman if you need an extra dynasty member.
Relations = added a relations option. Gives improved relations for life with your vassals, kids, liege, spouse, head of church. It is repeatable so you can stack it.
Technology = two options. One gives you max stats in 1 random civ, mil and eco tech in your capital. The other tech option does the same to whatever region you are in. So you can lead troops to every region you own and fire the event there. It seems you have to start the event from the start over again to get new randoms.
Claims = This option gives you an instant claim straight away of your choosing. The location is decided by where you have your chancellor. Three options lets you choose between claims to the county, dutchy or the kingdom.
Kill people = This option was inspired by this thread and this and the impregnate options are why im posting this event here. This option kills people with one click. Be carefull so you dont kill yourself with any of these options. You can choose from these options so far: The owner of the province where your spymaster or marshal is currently(probably the best option to kill any ruler in the game, can probably be reworked to kill the heir, children, spouse or other court members of that ruler too). Spouse, lover, lovers spouse, liege, lieges spouse, your heir(usefull to get rid of a useless heir), all your children, all female children, people who you have given a couple of the honorary titles. any of your or your lieges councill members. Open up that job you always wanted :p all vassals, a random vassal or a random vassal that dont like you, your guardian, your regent, and a random child of the regent.

I think that is all so far.

so, i love this thing. Ive tweaked it a little(ministers are now related, distant kind is single female, wife is 5 females, troop numbers)... i hope this is ok, i have the vanilla saved in a back up copy if you'd rather i change it back... so anyways.. before and after i tweaked it i have come across a problem that i havent been able to fix... its not a huge problem, cosmetic mostly... the elite ministers all have the same name, any distant kind and troop(other than the named ones) got in that same session will also have this name... i get 5-8 guys named sergio if i do ministers, DK, and troop blob in the same use of this cheat.... anyway of fixing this?

I've solved it by naming them personally, but I'd love a way for the game to generate different names without having to redo the cheat window. Oddly enough, I've added five wives as well, but only the distant kind is related to me.

meh, i might make the ministers unrelated again, but i thought if the game was about getting your dynasty out there... the more the merrier (especially when using the Dynasty DLC, since you start as the ONLY one of your dynasty....)

name = random doesnt work.... just makes them all named random.... i tried looking up how PI did it with the invite holy man/noble to court thing, but that doesnt say, and i guess the cheat already does the same, since each time the cheat is reloaded the names are new...

Wow...
Problems with console....
Basically...

The § is tied to another command on my PC (graphic card monitor or something) and I just cannot open the damn console.

Is there another alternative?

hold down alt and hit 21 on the numpad...don't know if the regular #'s will work... and to clarify, just in case, that means you need to press and hold alt, and while doing so press the 2 key and then the 1 key.

also, i just noticed but 1.05c seems to have made high attributes in the created people impossible... it only registers the first number, or wont go high then base of 6 i dont know... so... they really arent that good... id have to modify each one in the save file... quick troops, slightly above average vassals

after fooling around with it, it seems you cant have higher than base: 9 when these guys start... you'll have to edit in save game for higher i guess

Last edited:
using blurpsl's event and panadell's event i can get my character's stats up to 250 ( I don't go higher than 230, because anything over 250 makes it go back to 0) no save game editing needed. I just don't change any stats on the create a ruler DLC, change them in game and voila, big pimpin.