• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I get the modded tooltip to once again show the character's spouse and lover, if any?

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Character Sheet:§!\n §Y ID:§! §B[GetID]§! §Y Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §G Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n §G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!\n §Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!\n §G Father:§! [Father.GetBestName] §B[Father.GetID]§!\n §G Mother:§! [Mother.GetBestName] §B[Mother.GetID]§!\n\n §G Player:§! [GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n §Y Liege:§! [GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n LRN: §G[GetLearning]§! INT: §G[GetIntrigue]§! STW: §G[GetStewardship]§! MAR: §G[GetMartial]§! DIP: §G[GetDiplomacy]§!\n §B Ambition:§! [GetAmbition]\n §B Objective:§! [GetObjective]\n;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

This one was created by Collider, it's the one I currently use. Has all the information you'd ever want on a character, and is even color coded!

This is great if you feel like using pollinate on your entire court lol.

Trying to edit my king's traits in save file. I removed the traits for imbecile and kinslayer by deleting the corresponding numbers under traits but if I do that the game will crash instead of loading the save properly.
How can I edit this right?

Under the traits list I've seen, Kinslayer is one of the few that are Hard coded, so I guess you can't change them.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Character Sheet:§!\n §Y ID:§! §B[GetID]§! §Y Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §G Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n §G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!\n §Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!\n §G Father:§! [Father.GetBestName] §B[Father.GetID]§!\n §G Mother:§! [Mother.GetBestName] §B[Mother.GetID]§!\n\n §G Player:§! [GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n §Y Liege:§! [GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n LRN: §G[GetLearning]§! INT: §G[GetIntrigue]§! STW: §G[GetStewardship]§! MAR: §G[GetMartial]§! DIP: §G[GetDiplomacy]§!\n §B Ambition:§! [GetAmbition]\n §B Objective:§! [GetObjective]\n;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

This one was created by Collider, it's the one I currently use. Has all the information you'd ever want on a character, and is even color coded!

This is great if you feel like using pollinate on your entire court lol.

It also seems to say that every character's heir -- is that same character.

And honestly, I can't read all that's going on there without stopping to stare at it... might as well open the character's window.

EDIT: that came out way too harsh, sorry.

Last edited:
Hardcoded means that they can't be completely removed from the game. Removing the trait from the character should work.

I've done it in a savegame edit, I think -- seem to recall having a choice between that, or replaying several years of game-time, or giving up on a complicated scheme to get a dutchy out from under a big neighbor...

Want to experiment? Try these codes and tell us what they do!
recalc_succ = Not sure what this does yet. Probably something to do with succession.
enable_ambition = Not sure what this does yet... probably something with ambitions.
testachieve event = does something haven't had time to test it yet.
guardian = Not sure what this does
pirate = "No pirates here, only ninjas" not sure what this does?
validate_lieges = Not sure what this does, haven't tested it yet
validate_laws = Not sure what this does, haven't tested it yet
move = Does something, haven't had time to test it yet
morehumans = not sure what
fullscreen = not sure what
luado = Not sure what
window = not sure
open = not sure
close = not sure
reload = not sure
mapautosave = not sure
refresh_portraits = not sure
Most are ripped straight from the CheatHappens board, will be updating as more are discovered, although it would be easier if devs just told us all of them. :D
The one I want the most is the equivalent of yesmen/byzantine.[/QUOTE]

move <character ID> (of an unlanded character) moves them into your court.

Last edited:
Can someone repost what directory these txt files/csv files are located, I can't seem to find it (there is no paradox folder in my program files, anyway to search?

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\localisation

If not Steam version then just search all directories for "Crusader" (Without quotes).

1-Go to religious_events.txt
2-Press ctrl+f and search: name = "EVTOPTA39303"
3-Add the following lines under option = {
name = "EVTOPTA39303" #Yes Please':
change_learning = 100
change_martial = 100
change_diplomacy = 100
change_stewardship = 100
change_intrigue = 100
4-Save and enter the game
5-Open console and type 'event 39303'. Your character will get 100 points for each of this traits.

I was trying to find religious event text file but I couldn't find it? In the events folder

I've been playing around with making a trait hereditary, going from yourself to your children and so on.

This is an untested work in progress, but any tips or suggestions are welcome.

--- --- ---
#Genius Child
character_event = {
id = 90500
desc = "EVTDESC1510"
picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

min_age = 0
max_age = 6

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
NOT = { trait = genius }
any_child = {
if = {
limit = {
{
father = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT
}
OR = {
mother = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT
}
}
}
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1
}

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA1510"
add_trait = genius
hidden_tooltip = {
guardian = {
"OK"
}
}
}
}
--- --- ---

You should be able to change the trait to anything, and all your children should get it while still practically newborn.

Or does anyone know how to do this without a event? I though about removing the option, and having it just straight up adding the trait if it's not there, but i'm not sure...

Since You guys appear to be posting custom events hear as well as cheats here's a good one if you liege or another ruler pisses you off or you just want to see an empire or kingdom implode on itself, btw you have to trigger using console and make sure you do event 9999996 character's code you want to curse IE
event 9999996 10150

Code:
# You cast a curse on you enemy
character_event = {

id = 9999996
desc = "You come across a strange women who offers to place a curse on your enemy for you."
picture = "GFX_evt_illness"
is_triggered_only = yes	

option = {
name= "I'll Give you whatever it takes, please just destroy my enemies."
add_trait = weak
add_trait = gluttonous
add_trait = envious
add_trait = dwarf
add_trait = ugly
add_trait = hunchback
add_trait = homosexual
add_trait = excommunicated
add_trait = greedy
add_trait = slothful
add_trait = craven
add_trait = arbitrary
add_trait = slow
add_trait = imbecile
change_martial = -10
change_intrigue = -10
change_diplomacy = -10
change_stewardship = -10
change_learning = -10

option = {
name = "fight the urge"
add_trait = mystic
}
}

thanks tonkatoy5, I'm going to have fun with this!

*EDIT*

Has anyone/can anyone figure out how to wipe out entire dynasties with a single action? I'd like to cause a little chaos on massive scales with minimal effort from me.

Last edited:
1. Under the mod directory I created a folder called "tooltip", and within tooltip a sub-directory "localisation"
2. In the mod/tooltip directory I created a file called tooltip.mod containing the following text:

name = "Tooltip"
path = "mod/tooltip/localisation"
user_dir = "tooltip/localisation"

3. I copied text1.csv from the standard program localisation folder and pasted it into mod/tooltip/localisation
4. I opened the copy of text1.csv with notepad, searched for the text CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED, and when I found it replaced that line with

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

cut and pasted from Falon's post describing his discovery.

5. Start CK2, check Tooltip in the mod box on the initial dialog, and then start the game.

I did everything as bgibbard did but my launcher doesn't recognize the mod ("could not create or read directory: ....."). I don't even know if the modified tooltip is working or not. Can anybody help me please? I'm a complete noob in modding....
I'm using the Tweaks mod AND I play in german! if this may cause problems...