• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also having trouble with this one, under static modifers.txt i have changed Settlement Base Modifiers and the build_time_modifier = -1 then added underneath it LOCAL_BUILD_TIME_MODIFIER = -1 and underneath that GLOBAL_BUILD_TIME_MODIFIER = -1

not getting it to work, any help in what i am doing wrong?

thanks for the great forum thread

Also having trouble with this one, under static modifers.txt i have changed Settlement Base Modifiers and the build_time_modifier = -1 then added underneath it LOCAL_BUILD_TIME_MODIFIER = -1 and underneath that GLOBAL_BUILD_TIME_MODIFIER = -1

not getting it to work, any help in what i am doing wrong?

thanks for the great forum thread
Only use build_time_modifier = -1 and put it in the difficulty modifiers, e.g. very_easy_player.

Is there a cheat that triggers lovers? Like the pollinate cheat, but lover instead?

If you dig through the event files, there's an event that does it. Let me see... OK, actually, that's just for a liege and courtier... will keep looking.

Quick and dirty :cool:

1. Open event_modifiers.txt and put this at the end:

2. create a txt file in your events folder (name it whatever you like to )

3. run the game open the console type "event 9999998" and have fun ;)

Is there a way to adapt this so I can boost my children's stats? every time there's a succession all of my vassal kingdoms rebel and I spend a lot of time putting out fires. . .

The following added as the 3. option should do the job :happy: :

option = {
name = "booh your kids"
any_child = {
if = {
limit = {
{father = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT}
OR = {
mother = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT}
}
add_character_modifier = {
name = cheator
duration = -1
}
add_trait = ambitious
add_trait = gardener
add_trait = content
add_trait = charitable
add_trait = mastermind_theologian
add_trait = celibate
add_trait = chaste
add_trait = brave
add_trait = gregarious
add_trait = just
add_trait = quick
add_trait = brilliant_strategist
add_trait = skilled_tactician
add_trait = patient
}}}

I feel like an idiot. I want to find some charater codes to use in a cheat, but I've searched the Paradox program files for the savegame folder and can't find it. Using Windows7. Is it hidden, or am I missing something?

I feel like an idiot. I want to find some charater codes to use in a cheat, but I've searched the Paradox program files for the savegame folder and can't find it. Using Windows7. Is it hidden, or am I missing something?

I'm not currently using my computer, but it should be under your User files. I'll check it out when I get home.

EDIT: It is Computer/Local Disc/Users/(Name of the User, so let's say Bob)/My Documents/

Last edited:
May I have more detailed instructions on how to do this? When i went into static modifiers I only found build_time_modifiers so I changed that to -1 and then I added the local and global to -1. This only seemed to effect one of my counties and not all of them. Any ideas?

I'm so late on this, my bad. Static Modifiers only affect your character, heir, and wife. So the build-time-modifier = -1 only affects whichever land you or your heir is currently controlling.

Let's say you own Region A, but only control the castle. Your city and bishopric will still follow normal building rules. If you're trying to lower the building time of ALL regions in the game, you might want to try and look around the Defines document. That's where I changed Assassination prices and supply limits. I don't know THAT much about it other than just the basic stuff.

Is there a way to adapt this so I can boost my children's stats? every time there's a succession all of my vassal kingdoms rebel and I spend a lot of time putting out fires. . .

I really recommend going a few pages back on this topic and altering the character tooltip. If you set it up correctly, you can get a character's ID just by hovering over their portrait. It's considerably easier to edit single characters this way than creating events.

Tired of having to pause your game and run to notepad every time you need to look up a character ID? Wish you had a custom tooltip to tell you all the things you need to know about a character while in game?

Well look no further, just add this little baby to a custom .csv file and let the game do the work for you.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

Currently, it will tell you:

Char-id
Opinion of Liege
Ambition
Objective

If one wants to edit their own tooltip for their pleasure, here are the codes I found so far for it:

GetID
GetLordSpiritualName
GetSpysmasterName
GetTreasurerName
GetMarshalName
GetChancellorName
GetPlayerRelation
GetLadLassOpp
GetLaddLass
GetLordLadyOpp
GetLordLady
GetJobTitle
GetManWomanOpp
GetManWoman
GetHerselfHimselfOpp
GetHerselfHimself
GetHersHisOpp
GetHersHis
GetHerHimOpp
GetHerHim
GetSheHeCapOpp
GetSheHeCap
GetSheHeOpp
GetSheHe
GetAmbition
GetReflexivePronounOpp
GetReflexivePronoun
GetAbsPossPronounOpp
GetAbsPossPronoun
GetPossPronounOpp
GetPossPronoun
GetObjectPronounOpp
GetObjectPronoun
GetSubjectPronounCapOpp
GetSubjectPronounCap
GetSubjectPronounOpp
GetSubjectPronoun
GetDebugInfo
GetPrimaryTitles
GetMonthlyPietyBreakdown
GetMonthlyPiety
GetMonthlyPrestigeBreakdown
GetMonthlyPrestige
GetMonthlyIncome
GetDeathDate
GetAgeYears
GetDemesneSizeRatio
GetLearningBreakdown
GetLearning
GetIntrigueBreakdown
GetIntrigue
GetStewardshipBreakdown
GetStewardship
GetMartialBreakdown
GetMartial
GetDiplomacyBreakdown
GetDiplomacy
GetDelayedLiegeOpinion
GetInstantLiegeOpinion
GetDelayedPlayerOpinion
GetInstantPlayerOpinion
GetBornAndDeathDate
GetObjective
GetHighestTitles
GetHighestTitle
GetOnlyDynastyName
GetTitledFirstName
GetTitledName
GetTitleIncParents
GetTitle
GetDynName

*Upadate* (More Gets!)

GetBestName
GetFullName
GetFirstName
GetDiploGiftSize
GetPrevRelation
GetFromRelation
GetPietyCost
GetIsValidDesc
GetProposedLaw
GetFOA
GetRulerTitle
GetDeedName
GetScriptureName
GetCrusadeName
GetRandomGodNameCap
GetRandomGodName
GetOnReverseDemand
GetOnFail
GetOnSuccess
GetOnAdd
GetName

Also these have effect if tact on with a period (ex. Root.Liege.GetBestName)

Root
From
This
Liege
New
Culture
Religion
Capital
PlotTarget
PrimaryTitle
Regent
Guardian
RelHead
Heir
TopLiege
Host
Bethrothed
Spouse
Mother
Father
Recipient
Actor
ThirdPartyTitle
ThirdPartyCharacter
ChildExtra
AdultExtra
RecipientExtra
ActorExtra
Holder
Language
Combat
Siege
job_spiritual
job_spymaster
job_treasurer
job_marshal
job_chancellor

PS
If anyone can find the right command to force the tooltip to look up health and fertility, it would be most appreciated! :D

PS Again...
Also, I failed to get GetDebugInfo to spit anything out. I'm not sure if this command is disabled or just broken.... If anyone can double check me, again that would be appreciated! :happy:

How do I get the modded tooltip to once again show the character's spouse and lover, if any?

Last edited:
Trying to edit my king's traits in save file. I removed the traits for imbecile and kinslayer by deleting the corresponding numbers under traits but if I do that the game will crash instead of loading the save properly.
How can I edit this right?

Queen Consorts Prestige

i wanted to change the way prestige is multiplied. for eg. if i set the prestige of consort as 0.1 in the minor titles file, then for the countesses it would be 0.1, for duchess 0.2,for queens 0.3, for empresses 0.4. Can i multiply them by 5 rather than 1?
In this way, queens and empresses would have much higher prestige.

(i wanted to change such monthly prestige because i thought queen consorts were having a small amount of prestige.)

Is there a way to multiply these by 5?