• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone discovered an event code that lets your leading character die off of natural causes?

My King of Ireland is freaking 70 years old, and still popping out babies with his wife and mistress! I groomed his first son to be a most rightous ruler, but now he's past his prime too. ALso since changing the laws, the vassals, mayors and bishops all hate or dislike the old coot. I need him to pass on already!!!!

Tilde (~)

I tried this and it did not open the cheat panel. Of course, any trait you want to change becomes moot when your King dies (yet again!) in battle.

Did anyone ever figure out how to get Fog Of War to actually LIFT?

All I found that might work if I could find the files that have all the icons for the units when they appear on the maps is under the Council Members scripts when on the map at the very bottom of each is a line of script: lift_fow

If that line of script could be added to each icon that appears on the map for the "armies" then it might work in removing the fog of war on the map??

Has anyone discovered an event code that lets your leading character die off of natural causes?

My King of Ireland is freaking 70 years old, and still popping out babies with his wife and mistress! I groomed his first son to be a most rightous ruler, but now he's past his prime too. ALso since changing the laws, the vassals, mayors and bishops all hate or dislike the old coot. I need him to pass on already!!!!

I just read that "event 36005" or "event 36004" is for suicide, please try them and tell us if they worked.

Otherwise "kill yourcharactersID"(example: kill 32139) should work, and Panadells cheat event has a suicide event too.

Does anyone know the event to remove the homosexual trait? It's really bothering me seeing "Liege is homosexual"...

Does anyone know the event to remove the homosexual trait? It's really bothering me seeing "Liege is homosexual"...

The listed event I saw was #1985, but I can't get the console to open (need to be in windowed mode?).

Thanks I'll try it.

Fullscreen or windowed doesn't matter, for me I just press §, the button above TAB and to the left of "1", otherwise I don't know the problem.

Don't hold shift to actually type the ~, just hit the key to type the weird backward apostrophe thing ` that should bring up the console on a US keyboard

same problem as paul drye from page 10. , former ruler started a building, i occupied that country, construction time for palisade 3300 days, but in fact, it never finishes. has someone an idea how to get rid of this annoying bug. can someone create a fast-building cheat maybe (i´m not skilled in such things).

Anyone know where the negative opinion modifier for holding too many duke titles would be?

I can't find it in opinion_modifiers.txt.

I suspect it's hiding elsewhere.

Cheating in a paradox game is no fun...

Whenever I get a new Paradox Game I cheat on it prolifically so I can learn how to play more easily without there being any consequences, then I play without cheats.

Haven't tried it yet, but I understand that on USA type keyboards it's the ~ that you need to use. I also tried Alt + 2 1 and got nothing.

Thank you, the tilde (~) works great... TOO great, but that is my issue.

Edit: As someone above mentioned, it isn't actually the tilde (~) key, but the (`) key. Just don't hold down shift-key and it should work on US keyboards.