• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had problems for a while too, but somehow got it to work. my tooltip.mod looks like this

name = "Tooltip"
path = "mod/tooltip"

and my mytext1.csv looks like this

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Character Sheet:§!\n §Y ID:§! §B[GetID]§! §Y Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §G Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n §G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!\n §Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!\n §G Father:§! [Father.GetBestName] §B[Father.GetID]§!\n §G Mother:§! [Mother.GetBestName] §B[Mother.GetID]§!\n\n §G Player:§! [GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n §Y Liege:§! [GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n LRN: §G[GetLearning]§! INT: §G[GetIntrigue]§! STW: §G[GetStewardship]§! MAR: §G[GetMartial]§! DIP: §G[GetDiplomacy]§!\n §B Ambition:§! [GetAmbition]\n §B Objective:§! [GetObjective]\n;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

the mytext1.csv is placed in a folder called localisation, and that folder is in another folder called tooltip.

the tooltip folder and the tooltip.mod are placed in the mod folder in the paradox game directory, not the my documents directory.

Hope this helps, if not. . .idk

*EDIT* also, don't change any spacing or characters in the character tooltip delayed.

My problem is that I played the game in german. I changed the language to english and all is fine now.

But how do I have to change the entry to play the mod in german?

Last edited:
My problem is that I played the game in german. I changed the language to english and all is fine now.

But how do I have to change the entry to play the mod in german?

I had the same Problem.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;[GetStatusInfo];[GetStatusInfo];[GetStatusInfo];[GetStatusInfo];;;;;;;;;x

The first [GetStatusInfo] stands for the English version.
The Second is for the French Version.
The Third is for the German Version and the fourth is for the Spanish Version.

For the German Version you have to make the Changes where the third [GetStatusInfo] is.

well the event 39303 i believe it is will not work now due to the update i think every time i enter the event my demesne size increases then once i enter it again it decreases for example lets say my demesne size was 11/50 when i enter the code it goes to 11/80 then i do it again and it goes down to 11/8 ,yea im a big cheater but i like having a big empire without revolting vassals haha

I'm not a big fan of the culure spead mechanic, so I would like to cheat around it a bit. I'm playing as the Normans in Sicily, but it is impossible for me to swap the culture there to Norman using event 55000 because I need at least one bordering Norman county to do that. I have two ideas.

1. Is there some way to edit the culture of a province in the files? I only see religion.
2. What is the event number of the event that says "They see me as a foreigner, time to bring over some boys from back home" that flips culture (only in areas with a different religion maybe?)

Either way I could just flip one county and let the rest happen normally. Suggestions?

I'm not a big fan of the culure spead mechanic, so I would like to cheat around it a bit. I'm playing as the Normans in Sicily, but it is impossible for me to swap the culture there to Norman using event 55000 because I need at least one bordering Norman county to do that. I have two ideas.

1. Is there some way to edit the culture of a province in the files? I only see religion.
2. What is the event number of the event that says "They see me as a foreigner, time to bring over some boys from back home" that flips culture (only in areas with a different religion maybe?)

Either way I could just flip one county and let the rest happen normally. Suggestions?

2. That's event 55001. You can find it in the Localisation folder, in the text1.csv file, searching for "foreigner".

Last edited:
Add the line "general_opinion = xx" under the difficulty setting you use, with "xx" being a numerical value of the bonus you want. For instance, "general_opinion = 50" will improve everyone's disposition towards you +50.

If you can already get your demesne limit to 80, how much higher do you really want to go? It's possible you are hitting hardcoded limitations.

whats weird is everytime i enter the event code my base stats also go to zero and i used that as an example ,my goal is to get all of the Iberian peninsula and thats well over 100 demesne size

Guys, did 1.05c patch break the tooltip cheat (the one that shows the char id)?

Mine cannot work since the patch. I tried to re-edit the text1.csv in the localisation folder but it cannot work now.

Mine cannot work since the patch. I tried to re-edit the text1.csv in the localisation folder but it cannot work now.

Just to answer my own question, 1.05c has implemented a new command "charinfo" that can be triggered in the console to reveal the char id.

No breakage. I simply followed what I did before and it all works as intended same as it did before.

However, I must thank you for the discovery of the Charinfo command. Would be a great help to people like yourself who can't get it working.

One question though. Does it work when in the character window? i.e. If i'm on my own character's window and type the command in, will it display my character's info? Then, if I switch to, say, my spouse and do the same, will it show theirs?

charinfo works like the tooltip mod, as far as I can tell. it just gives less information, but it does give the character id, health, fertility, and player opinion .

anyone know how when PI is going to release another fix? I still can't get my stat number above 135 without it flipping to zero.