• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My take on the tooltip enhancement. Short and simple, but adds the information I want on a glance-over.

D5wrW.png

Open 'crusader kings ii/localisation/text1.csv', find CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED, and replace the line there with the one below.

Code:
CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;\n§B ID:§! §Y[GetID]§! §B Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §B Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n§B Religion:§! [Religion.GetName] §B Culture:§! [Culture.GetName]\n; ; ;; ;;;;;;;;;x

Hi there, I tried to replace CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED with the line you gave to us, but nothing seem to change. Do I need to do anything special to have text1.csv loaded? Thanks!

I was kinda annoyed not being able to guard all of my kids therefore i just made this little event to become the guardian for all my kids ^^

Code:
character_event = {
	id = 9999994
	desc = "Cheatorz BAD!"
	picture = "GFX_evt_hunt"

is_triggered_only = yes	
	trigger = {
	ai = no}
	option = {
		name = "guard your kids"
		any_child = {
		if = {
						limit = {
						has_guardian = no
				{father = ROOT
				dynasty = ROOT}
					OR = {
						mother = ROOT
				dynasty = ROOT}
					}
		set_guardian = root
		add_trait = ambitious
		add_trait = gardener
		add_trait = content
		add_trait = charitable
		add_trait = grey_eminence
		add_trait = fair
		add_trait = brave
		add_trait = gregarious
		add_trait = just
		add_trait = quick
		add_trait = brilliant_strategist
		add_trait = strong
		add_trait = patient
	}}}
}

Note: Children with the age of 16 or above will be automatically removed from being guarded by the game therefore no age limit is necesary ^^

I was also annoyed of wasting money for noobish stewards and debutantes so i made some decisions :happy:

Create a (whatever named) txt file in your game/decisions folder and add the following

Code:
decisions = {

free_priest = {
		potential = { ROOT = { 
					has_character_modifier = cheator 
					}
		}
		effect = {
				create_random_priest = {
				random_traits = no
			dynasty = random
			female = no
			age = 16
			trait = brave
			trait = humble
			trait = mastermind_theologian
			trait = grey_eminence
			trait = fair
			trait = strong
			trait = genius
			trait = quick
			trait = content
			trait = just
			trait = diligent
			attributes = { martial = 55
				diplomacy = 55
				learning = 55
				stewardship = 55
				intrigue = 55
				fertility = 1.0
				health = 5.0 }
			}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}

free_steward = {
		potential = { ROOT = { 
					}
		}
		effect = {
			create_random_steward = {
			random_traits = no
			dynasty = random
			female = no
			age = 16
			trait = brave
			trait = humble
			trait = brilliant_strategist
			trait = grey_eminence
			trait = fair
			trait = strong
			trait = genius
			trait = quick
			trait = content
			trait = just
			trait = diligent
				diplomacy = 55
				learning = 55
				stewardship = 55
				intrigue = 55
				fertility = 1.0
				health = 5.0 }
				}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}

free_debutante = {
		potential = { ROOT = { 
					}
		}
		effect = {
			create_character = {
			random_traits = no
			dynasty = random
			female = yes
			age = 16
			trait = brave
			trait = humble
			trait = brilliant_strategist
			trait = grey_eminence
			trait = fair
			trait = strong
			trait = genius
			trait = quick
			trait = content
			trait = just
			trait = diligent
				diplomacy = 55
				learning = 55
				stewardship = 55
				intrigue = 55
				fertility = 1.0
				health = 5.0 }

}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}
	}

Note: You´ll probably need to modify

Code:
potential = { ROOT = { 
					}
		}

if you don´t use my little cheat event ;)
It´s just my simple way to prevent Ai spamming uber stewards ^^

Note 2 : If you like to see a description you´ll need to modify the text1.csv (localisation folder or just create a own csv file) with the following (example) content

Code:
free_priest;Invite Holy Man to Court;Inviter un saint homme à la cour;Über-Priester an den Hof einladen;;Invitar a un santo a la corte;;;;;;;;;x
free_priest_desc;no text.;no text;no text.;;no text.;;;;;;;;;x
free_steward;Invite Free Noble to Court;Inviter un noble à la cour;ÜGratis Adligen an den Hof einladen;;Invitar a un noble a la corte;;;;;;;;;x
free_steward_desc;Free Steward.;no text;Gratis Adliger.;;no text.;;;;;;;;;x
free_debutante;Free Débutante;Présenter une débutante;Gratis Debütantin präsentieren;;Presentar debutante;;;;;;;;;x
free_debutante_desc;no text.;no text;no text.;;no text.;;;;;;;;;x

Does anyone know what I need to modify to play as a priest/the pope? I'm working on a whole Dynasty Storyline, and I need to play as the pope.

It doesn´t seem to be possible to start the game as the pope cos there´s no way - well i haven´t found one yet ;) - to make theocracy playable.
But...
To make the papacy kinda playable you´ll have to make the following modifications ( to get all the law changing and stuff )

succession_laws.txt :
Code:
succession_laws = {

succ_gavelkind = {
		[...]

potential = {
			OR = {
				is_landless_type_title = no
				[B]title = k_papal_state[/B] #<--- here we go ^^

[...]
All the laws have to be modified this way.

You also have to modify the landed_titles.txt:
Code:
# SPECIAL TITLES

k_papal_state = {

[...]

# Cannot be held as a secondary title
	[B]primary = no[/B] #<---- This one
Now you have all the possible laws.

To get a claim onto that title at the beginning you´ll either have to write an event, use the claim-cheat or start as the pope´s vassal and "hunt him down" :D
cos you can´t produce a claim the normal way at the beginning it seems ( titular thing without vassals or however it´s called ;))

Is it possible to edit the demesne size limit for just the player? Maybe in the difficulty setting modifiers?

You can tweak it in defines.lua file (in Crusader Kings II/Common)

Code:
DEMESNE_BASE_MAX_SIZE = 1.0, -- Base Max Demesne Size
DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_TIER_MULT = 1.0, -- Extra Max Demesne Size from the ruler's rank
DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_STEWARDSHIP_MULT = 0.35, -- Extra Max Demesne Size from ruler and spouse intrigue

I personnally increased it so I can simulate the historical expansion of french royal demesne during Middle Ages. However, having too much holdings makes it annoying to manage : so many upgrades to build and you get spammed by messages.

Or if you mean the number of duchies you can hold without opinion penalty, still in defines.lua

Code:
MAX_DUCHIES_LEGALLY_HELD = 2,-- Max duchies that a king or above can hold before vassals start getting angry

ok, now where do I look to modify the number of years it takes to incorporate de jure titles into a kingdom or whatever? I want to lower it from 100 to 10.

defines.lua
Code:
[B]DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS = 100,[/B]		-- Duchies and kingdoms under the de facto control of another kingdom or empire will change de jure liege after this many years

should be the one :rolleyes:

Can't find the county ID numbers. I want to fabricate a claim. The code list says find the ID in the titles files, but I only see holder IDs there.

Clue? What do they look like? For instance, ID like to fabricate a claim on Rouen. Where do I find the number?

Can't find the county ID numbers. I want to fabricate a claim. The code list says find the ID in the titles files, but I only see holder IDs there.

Clue? What do they look like? For instance, ID like to fabricate a claim on Rouen. Where do I find the number?
The ID for any title goes like this:

c_rouen

So if you wanted to get a claim on that title you would put in "claim c_rouen"
Basically the first letter is for the type of title(b for barony, c for county, d for duchy and k for kingship), then an underscore and then the name of the title.

More examples:
d_flanders
k_jerusalem
c_paris

It is to some folks. They've paid their coin for this product so let them enjoy it how they wish. :p

Well, I could sure use a cheat like "byzantine" in the original ck (anyone know if there is one). I screwed up playing Castile and allowed a county to fall into the hands of the Golden Horde by succession.

So here I have this single county controlled by the Golden Horde. I, of course, pressed my claim on the county and took it by force--this gives me a 25% or so warscore. The thing is, the Golden Horde is confined to Russia, and here I am in Spain with a 25% warscore. Letting it count down gets me to about 94% (and they still won't give up the damn piece of land) before the war basically "times out" and I'm told the war is inconclusive, resetting the entire process.

I sure as hell don't feel that playing the game and having it be game breakingly historical inaccurate is more fun than "not cheating." I mean, what am I going to do? Re-dec them, take the county and then march an army all the way to Russia so I can get the correct warscore? Please.

Well, I could sure use a cheat like "byzantine" in the original ck (anyone know if there is one). I screwed up playing Castile and allowed a county to fall into the hands of the Golden Horde by succession.

So here I have this single county controlled by the Golden Horde. I, of course, pressed my claim on the county and took it by force--this gives me a 25% or so warscore. The thing is, the Golden Horde is confined to Russia, and here I am in Spain with a 25% warscore. Letting it count down gets me to about 94% (and they still won't give up the damn piece of land) before the war basically "times out" and I'm told the war is inconclusive, resetting the entire process.

I sure as hell don't feel that playing the game and having it be game breakingly historical inaccurate is more fun than "not cheating." I mean, what am I going to do? Re-dec them, take the county and then march an army all the way to Russia so I can get the correct warscore? Please.

If you feel you should just own the county after that war you can use "give_title c_[county name] [your character's ID#]" to gain control of it.