• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I could sure use a cheat like "byzantine" in the original ck (anyone know if there is one). I screwed up playing Castile and allowed a county to fall into the hands of the Golden Horde by succession.

So here I have this single county controlled by the Golden Horde. I, of course, pressed my claim on the county and took it by force--this gives me a 25% or so warscore. The thing is, the Golden Horde is confined to Russia, and here I am in Spain with a 25% warscore. Letting it count down gets me to about 94% (and they still won't give up the damn piece of land) before the war basically "times out" and I'm told the war is inconclusive, resetting the entire process.

I sure as hell don't feel that playing the game and having it be game breakingly historical inaccurate is more fun than "not cheating." I mean, what am I going to do? Re-dec them, take the county and then march an army all the way to Russia so I can get the correct warscore? Please.

You could always use the play char ID command to switch over the enemy leader, send the diplomatic surrender, then use play char ID to switch back to your original character to accept it to get a de facto byzantine cheat.

Tired of having to pause your game and run to notepad every time you need to look up a character ID? Wish you had a custom tooltip to tell you all the things you need to know about a character while in game?

Well look no further, just add this little baby to a custom .csv file and let the game do the work for you.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

======================================================

Hello, I will show my ignorance here--- I understand that .CSV is comma separated value. But how do I make such a file and where do I put it? Really looking forward to getting the character ID without going into the save game file- it will save a lot of time. But I am not the most savvy guy when it comes to modding, so instructions for court jesters would help greatly.

Tired of having to pause your game and run to notepad every time you need to look up a character ID? Wish you had a custom tooltip to tell you all the things you need to know about a character while in game?

Well look no further, just add this little baby to a custom .csv file and let the game do the work for you.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

======================================================

Hello, I will show my ignorance here--- I understand that .CSV is comma separated value. But how do I make such a file and where do I put it? Really looking forward to getting the character ID without going into the save game file- it will save a lot of time. But I am not the most savvy guy when it comes to modding, so instructions for court jesters would help greatly.

Type "charinfo" into the console, and you'll see debug info about characters when hovering them (including their ID!). :)

Recently I have come back to Crusader Kings II and now when I edit my save game and change my attributes to 300 and my technology in my province to 10 I come back and the game will not load and it crashes. It's like the save becomes corrupted. I have no idea why and I remember doing it this way earlier. Any help? Thanks!

Recently I have come back to Crusader Kings II and now when I edit my save game and change my attributes to 300 and my technology in my province to 10 I come back and the game will not load and it crashes. It's like the save becomes corrupted. I have no idea why and I remember doing it this way earlier. Any help? Thanks!
Did you accidentally delete a brace {} or something like that?

Is there a way to give my character claims on certain lands

Also, how can I mod the de hire borders of a kingdom?

Open file "landed_titles" in your game install/common folder, and copy/paste wanted provinces from kingdom to another. Remember to make a BACKUP first! Also delete the ones you copied from old kingdom so there wont be doubles.