• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Found a way to increase Levy size, Observe,

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\common or wherever you installed it, open Buildings.txt

ca_culture_scottish_4 = { # or copy another header because this is what is used in Localization
potential = {
FROM = {
OR = {
culture = greek #You can change this to any culture,or religion.
}
}
}
build_cost = 1 #how much cash the building costs
build_time = 10 # self explanatory me thinks
levy_size = 8 # modiifer to increase local levy size, NOTE this increases it by 8000
archers = 200 # enter troop type here
knights = 50 # and here
galleys = 48 # same here
ai_creation_factor = 0 # AI will never build it

start = {
AND = {
FROM = { religion_group = orthodox } # Things you need to be or have to build it
year = 1066
}
}
}

Heres a listing of all the pregnancy events I figured out from experimentation:
event 400 gets YOU pregnant; husband is the father
event 401 gets YOU pregnant; husband is NOT the father
event 402 gets YOU pregnant; unmarried
event 403 gets your wife pregnant; regular
event 404 gets your wife pregnant; YOU ARE NOT the father
event 24504 gets your wife pregnant; wife gains the stressed trait

Heres a listing of all the pregnancy events I figured out from experimentation:
event 400 gets YOU pregnant; husband is the father
event 401 gets YOU pregnant; husband is NOT the father
event 402 gets YOU pregnant; unmarried
event 403 gets your wife pregnant; regular
event 404 gets your wife pregnant; YOU ARE NOT the father
event 24504 gets your wife pregnant; wife gains the stressed trait
Thanks for figuring that out; should be more stress-free pregnancies in my dynasty now.

You are right it work.. even when it is -10 and -1 (I assume the difference will be the maybes)...even allows matrilineal marriages. Not sure what the ai is doing when all this is happening. It does not work to allow a peace treaty though...will have to change some of the other interaction thresholds.

I can just imagine the amount of male kings and heirs that would be married through matrilineal ways lol.. I might try it just in case, hopefully the game doesn't get completely out of hand.

Also, as for the increased levy lize, would it impact the AI? Or only the nation controlling the city? Or is it a building?

Tooltip Editing

Tired of having to pause your game and run to notepad every time you need to look up a character ID? Wish you had a custom tooltip to tell you all the things you need to know about a character while in game?

Well look no further, just add this little baby to a custom .csv file and let the game do the work for you.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

Currently, it will tell you:

Char-id
Opinion of Liege
Ambition
Objective

If one wants to edit their own tooltip for their pleasure, here are the codes I found so far for it:

GetID
GetLordSpiritualName
GetSpysmasterName
GetTreasurerName
GetMarshalName
GetChancellorName
GetPlayerRelation
GetLadLassOpp
GetLaddLass
GetLordLadyOpp
GetLordLady
GetJobTitle
GetManWomanOpp
GetManWoman
GetHerselfHimselfOpp
GetHerselfHimself
GetHersHisOpp
GetHersHis
GetHerHimOpp
GetHerHim
GetSheHeCapOpp
GetSheHeCap
GetSheHeOpp
GetSheHe
GetAmbition
GetReflexivePronounOpp
GetReflexivePronoun
GetAbsPossPronounOpp
GetAbsPossPronoun
GetPossPronounOpp
GetPossPronoun
GetObjectPronounOpp
GetObjectPronoun
GetSubjectPronounCapOpp
GetSubjectPronounCap
GetSubjectPronounOpp
GetSubjectPronoun
GetDebugInfo
GetPrimaryTitles
GetMonthlyPietyBreakdown
GetMonthlyPiety
GetMonthlyPrestigeBreakdown
GetMonthlyPrestige
GetMonthlyIncome
GetDeathDate
GetAgeYears
GetDemesneSizeRatio
GetLearningBreakdown
GetLearning
GetIntrigueBreakdown
GetIntrigue
GetStewardshipBreakdown
GetStewardship
GetMartialBreakdown
GetMartial
GetDiplomacyBreakdown
GetDiplomacy
GetDelayedLiegeOpinion
GetInstantLiegeOpinion
GetDelayedPlayerOpinion
GetInstantPlayerOpinion
GetBornAndDeathDate
GetObjective
GetHighestTitles
GetHighestTitle
GetOnlyDynastyName
GetTitledFirstName
GetTitledName
GetTitleIncParents
GetTitle
GetDynName

*Upadate* (More Gets!)

GetBestName
GetFullName
GetFirstName
GetDiploGiftSize
GetPrevRelation
GetFromRelation
GetPietyCost
GetIsValidDesc
GetProposedLaw
GetFOA
GetRulerTitle
GetDeedName
GetScriptureName
GetCrusadeName
GetRandomGodNameCap
GetRandomGodName
GetOnReverseDemand
GetOnFail
GetOnSuccess
GetOnAdd
GetName

Also these have effect if tact on with a period (ex. Root.Liege.GetBestName)

Root
From
This
Liege
New
Culture
Religion
Capital
PlotTarget
PrimaryTitle
Regent
Guardian
RelHead
Heir
TopLiege
Host
Bethrothed
Spouse
Mother
Father
Recipient
Actor
ThirdPartyTitle
ThirdPartyCharacter
ChildExtra
AdultExtra
RecipientExtra
ActorExtra
Holder
Language
Combat
Siege
job_spiritual
job_spymaster
job_treasurer
job_marshal
job_chancellor

PS
If anyone can find the right command to force the tooltip to look up health and fertility, it would be most appreciated! :D

PS Again...
Also, I failed to get GetDebugInfo to spit anything out. I'm not sure if this command is disabled or just broken.... If anyone can double check me, again that would be appreciated! :happy:

Last edited:
Where does the csv need to go? Tried various places with no luck.

I put mine in the mod/yourmod/localisation folder (I have no idea why Paradox spells localization wrong :confused:) [Edit:Gotcha, just British. Long live the Queen!]. Or you could edit where it came from in text1.csv in the original localisation folder if you don't have your own mod or a mod to put it in. :cool:

Last edited:
I put mine in the mod/yourmod/localisation folder (I have no idea why Paradox spells localization wrong :confused:). Or you could edit where it came from in text1.csv in the original localisation folder if you don't have your own mod or a mod to put it in. :cool:

Editing text1.csv and putting it into a mod folder worked, thanks! Creating a new csv wasn't working though for anyone else having issues.

I put mine in the mod/yourmod/localisation folder (I have no idea why Paradox spells localization wrong :confused:). Or you could edit where it came from in text1.csv in the original localisation folder if you don't have your own mod or a mod to put it in. :cool:

They're a European company so they spell it the British way; nothing surprising there...

And nice little cheat helper there; I'm using and enjoying it right now.

Tired of having to pause your game and run to notepad every time you need to look up a character ID? Wish you had a custom tooltip to tell you all the things you need to know about a character while in game?

Well look no further, just add this little baby to a custom .csv file and let the game do the work for you.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n Ambition: [GetAmbition]\n Objective: [GetObjective] ;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

I have been trying for over an hour to figure out how to get this to work, and have completely failed to get the tooltip to show the character ID, etc. Could someone give baby-step, no details left out instructions for dummies? Here is what I have tried, which sounded to me like it was following the instructions given here, but is simply not working for me:

1. Under the mod directory I created a folder called "tooltip", and within tooltip a sub-directory "localisation"
2. In the mod/tooltip directory I created a file called tooltip.mod containing the following text:

name = "Tooltip"
path = "mod/tooltip/localisation"
user_dir = "tooltip/localisation"

3. I copied text1.csv from the standard program localisation folder and pasted it into mod/tooltip/localisation
4. I opened the copy of text1.csv with notepad, searched for the text CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED, and when I found it replaced that line with

cut and pasted from Falon's post describing his discovery.

5. Start CK2, check Tooltip in the mod box on the initial dialog, and then start the game.

However, when I hover over a character, I still only see the bog-standard name, title, and maybe relationship to me tooltip. No matter how long I leave the cursor hovering over the character, the ID# never shows up

Am I missing a step? Have I performed a step incorrectly? Am I misunderstanding how Tooltip_Delayed is activated? (I was operating on the assumption that it simply means leaving the cursor in place over the character longer than usual?)

I am really anxious to get this working, and would appreciate any advice, since it seems other people have managed to make this work.

I have been trying for over an hour to figure out how to get this to work, and have completely failed to get the tooltip to show the character ID, etc. Could someone give baby-step, no details left out instructions for dummies? Here is what I have tried, which sounded to me like it was following the instructions given here, but is simply not working for me:

1. Under the mod directory I created a folder called "tooltip", and within tooltip a sub-directory "localisation"
2. In the mod/tooltip directory I created a file called tooltip.mod containing the following text:

name = "Tooltip"
path = "mod/tooltip/localisation"
user_dir = "tooltip/localisation"

3. I copied text1.csv from the standard program localisation folder and pasted it into mod/tooltip/localisation
4. I opened the copy of text1.csv with notepad, searched for the text CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED, and when I found it replaced that line with

cut and pasted from Falon's post describing his discovery.

5. Start CK2, check Tooltip in the mod box on the initial dialog, and then start the game.

However, when I hover over a character, I still only see the bog-standard name, title, and maybe relationship to me tooltip. No matter how long I leave the cursor hovering over the character, the ID# never shows up

Am I missing a step? Have I performed a step incorrectly? Am I misunderstanding how Tooltip_Delayed is activated? (I was operating on the assumption that it simply means leaving the cursor in place over the character longer than usual?)

I am really anxious to get this working, and would appreciate any advice, since it seems other people have managed to make this work.

Sorry to hear about the problem, and I'm trying to figure out why it isn't showing up for you. It looks like your doing everything right, but I would have to look at your text1.csv first. The tooltip should loook like this ingame:

ck2_1.jpg

Still no success here.

I copied a vanilla version of text1.csv into the mod directory and cut and pasted your suggested entry for the delayed tooltip over top of the existing line for that. Here is what about five lines of my csv, including the three entries relative to character tooltips say:

YOU;You;Vous;Ihr;;Tú;;;;;;;;;x
CHARACTER_TOOLTIP;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];;;;;;;;;x
CHARACTER_DEAD_TOOLTIP;Died: §Y[GetDeathDate] §!at age §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;Mort de : §Y[GetDeathDate] §! à l’âge de §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;Gestorben: §Y[GetDeathDate] §! Im Alter von §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;;Fallecido: §Y[GetDeathDate] §!a la edad de §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;;;;;;;;;x
no_tactic;No Tactic;Aucune tactique;Keine Taktik;;Sin táctica;;;;;;;;;x

Since I don't think I mentioned it above, I also tried just changing the original version of text1.csv in it's original location to bypass the extra complication of using mod folders, but still no luck.

Last edited:
Still no success here.

I copied a vanilla version of text1.csv into the mod directory and cut and pasted your suggested entry for the delayed tooltip over top of the existing line for that. Here is what about five lines of my csv, including the three entries relative to character tooltips say:

YOU;You;Vous;Ihr;;Tú;;;;;;;;;x
CHARACTER_TOOLTIP;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];;;;;;;;;x
CHARACTER_DEAD_TOOLTIP;Died: §Y[GetDeathDate] §!at age §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;Mort de : §Y[GetDeathDate] §! à l’âge de §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;Gestorben: §Y[GetDeathDate] §! Im Alter von §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;;Fallecido: §Y[GetDeathDate] §!a la edad de §Y[GetAgeYears]§!;;;;;;;;;x
no_tactic;No Tactic;Aucune tactique;Keine Taktik;;Sin táctica;;;;;;;;;x

Since I don't think I mentioned it above, I also tried just changing the original version of text1.csv in it's original location to bypass the extra complication of using mod folders, but still no luck.

I'm still stumped, but you could try deleting all the extra stuff. All you really need to see the character ID is [GetID]. Try this and tell me what you get:

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;[GetID];[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

If that doesn't work, try adding [GetID] to CHARACTER_TOOLTIP; like this:

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles]\n[GetID];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles];;§Y[GetBestName]§!§G[GetPlayerRelation]§!\n[GetHighestTitles]

Or you could try just puting my custom .csv in your mod folder. Just rename .txt to .csv:

View attachment mytext1.txt

It is exactly like I have it.

One more thing, are you playing the game in english? If not, you have to put the code in the proper language slot.

I'm afraid it looks like I'm simply going to have to give up. I've tried multiple variations on every one of the suggestions you've made above, and even re-installed CK2 and patch 1.03b. Absolutely nothing I do makes any difference to the tooltip at all. It's very, very frustrating, but it's just not working. If you ever make an installable package of this I will try again, because it is possible I may simply have missed some small detail, or not correctly placed a file or something.

I'm afraid it looks like I'm simply going to have to give up. I've tried multiple variations on every one of the suggestions you've made above, and even re-installed CK2 and patch 1.03b. Absolutely nothing I do makes any difference to the tooltip at all. It's very, very frustrating, but it's just not working. If you ever make an installable package of this I will try again, because it is possible I may simply have missed some small detail, or not correctly placed a file or something.

Betcha the problem is §, my keyboard doesn't have it, can't reproduce it, etc. Eventually I learned to use ` instead. Might replace the §s with `s and see if that helps