• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just in case no one brought it up:

If you actually went the mod method, you have to load the mod when you launch the game. i.e. check the check box in the launcher.

The Byzantine Emperor just pissed me of something fierce - which means I'm gonna resort to cheating. :glare: Does anyone know if there's a code to fill up the available levy in a province? Sounds like a reasonable thing, but if it exists it doesn't seem to be discovered yet.

The Byzantine Emperor just pissed me of something fierce - which means I'm gonna resort to cheating. :glare: Does anyone know if there's a code to fill up the available levy in a province? Sounds like a reasonable thing, but if it exists it doesn't seem to be discovered yet.

There is probably an event that gives free troops, but cheating doesn't work with the demo. The console command window can only be opened with the retail version, as it seems.

Just in case no one brought it up:

If you actually went the mod method, you have to load the mod when you launch the game. i.e. check the check box in the launcher.

Yup, that part I knew. I think I'll just have to wait and see if the next patch expected in a few weeks will expose the character IDs. I've spent hours trying to get this to work, and I just can't afford to spend any more time on it,

I'm afraid it looks like I'm simply going to have to give up. I've tried multiple variations on every one of the suggestions you've made above, and even re-installed CK2 and patch 1.03b. Absolutely nothing I do makes any difference to the tooltip at all. It's very, very frustrating, but it's just not working. If you ever make an installable package of this I will try again, because it is possible I may simply have missed some small detail, or not correctly placed a file or something.
I create a charid folder at mod directory.
I just create a charid.csv (or anyother filename) at a mod/charid/lozalisation folder, checks the charid mod at ckII loader and all work fine.

Bgibbard, delete the backup copy of text1.csv you made and left in the folder so you could revert to vanilla in case you screwed up anything.

Ask me how I know this works. Please don't ask me how long it took to figure out. :confused:

Never did get the launcher to recognize my mods, but no big loss there.

Character Sheet Tooltip Mod

They're a European company so they spell it the British way; nothing surprising there...

And nice little cheat helper there; I'm using and enjoying it right now.

CHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DELAYED;§G Character Sheet:§!\n §Y ID:§! §B[GetID]§! §Y Age:§! [GetAgeYears] §G Dynasty:§! [GetOnlyDynastyName]\n §G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!\n §Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!\n §G Father:§! [Father.GetBestName] §B[Father.GetID]§!\n §G Mother:§! [Mother.GetBestName] §B[Mother.GetID]§!\n\n §G Player:§! [GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n §Y Liege:§! [GetInstantLiegeOpinion]\n LRN: §G[GetLearning]§! INT: §G[GetIntrigue]§! STW: §G[GetStewardship]§! MAR: §G[GetMartial]§! DIP: §G[GetDiplomacy]§!\n §B Ambition:§! [GetAmbition]\n §B Objective:§! [GetObjective]\n;[GetDebugInfo];[GetDebugInfo];;[GetDebugInfo];;;;;;;;;x

There's mine. Spent a whole day on it, feel free to take it and copy it. I've found it works best if you take text1.csv and find the string and actually replace what's there with this version. Here's a screenshot:

tooltip.png

It's not perfect, but you can easily fix anything you don't like.

That's wonderful! Collider's version does mostly work for me. In

The parts that do not seem to work properly for me are:

§Y Heir:§! [heir.GetBestName] §B[heir.GetID]§!
It invariably gives the source person as being their own heir on every person I have checked so far (fortunately you can get that info anyway from the character screen)

§G Spouse:§! [Spouse.GetBestName] §B[Spouse.GetID]§!
If a person is unmarried they show as their own spouse. Perhaps they have hairy palms?

Heres a listing of all the pregnancy events I figured out from experimentation:
event 400 gets YOU pregnant; husband is the father
event 401 gets YOU pregnant; husband is NOT the father
event 402 gets YOU pregnant; unmarried
event 403 gets your wife pregnant; regular
event 404 gets your wife pregnant; YOU ARE NOT the father
event 24504 gets your wife pregnant; wife gains the stressed trait

Did anyone besides me read out the parts in all caps in a Maury voice? "You ARE NOT the father!"

Your relgion is whatever your ruler has. So for example however they were educated and forced religion you will just get your provinces changing over time so it is the settlement events your are after to change provinces in your demesne.

What would the code be if I just wanted to get their character ID from all that?

I think your looking for [GetID]?

Is there an "accept all" cheat similar to what was present in HOI2 or V2 to allow you to always have your diplomatic demands accepted.

I would say the best way get your diplomatic demands accepted is to switch to the person you’re making demands from (use the 'play' and 'neg_diplo' commands) as soon as you make them and accept the offer yourself. 100% guaranteed to work without effecting AI behavior.