+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tradegood development

Why do you get 250 ducats for not changing the good? Especially when changing only takes 100.

Second Lieutenant
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

EVTDESC9000005;Some people in $PROVINCE$ managed to develope their trade goods. They would just need a little support to develope the whole production. On the other side the monopolistic old producers want us to prevent them from doing so. What shall we do?;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTA9000005;Make them to a national idol!;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTB9000005;Give them some support.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTC9000005;Get bribed by the old producers.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

yeah, the code isn't balanced right now... have to do the math before thought i'll code first and then balance think you are right, i'll make it 50 or so.
    another question: is there away to refer in the text to the provincename where it's triggered? $province$ produced localisation errors :/

e: the make them a national idel with give you the country flag IndId and by this trigger the next event faster. i'm thinking about adding a modifier that costs you 10 ducats per month or so and is only deleted if you take option c...
    Last edited by grayfox92; 17-02-2012 at 09:43.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    The synthaxe is $PROVINCENAME$.

What do you intend with the two different options changing the ressources ? What exactly is the flag for ?

Edit : "services" are to be kept for capitals of big kingdoms or for empires.
    Last edited by gigau; 18-02-2012 at 00:00.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

'Services' are just gold aren't they? Gold with a pretty paper overlay. No trade value at all and might cause inflation.

Second Lieutenant

well, i thought by changing the trade good in provinces with 100 000 inhabitants + to services would represend the demographic change, but i'm not that much into it either :/ the two different options should represent the possibility of a nation to tolerate the changes or to support them - it will reduce the mtth for one of these events (only one time and there is also the opposite, but i forget to add it )

while coding i found out, that there is no jewelery province at all (is it?), although it has such a nice icon how come?

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    - Services : i think it should remain for very large capitals only... but that's just me.

- There are several tradegoods htat, though having neat icons, aren't on the map. Problem is where to put them, and the time to find out
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Second Lieutenant

whaaat? which? then i'll make events for them too

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    In this instance, i think the problem raised was that some tradegoods are not on the map at any scenario start.
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

I will use this thread as a reminder that at high tech levels you get hit with no local coal/armaments/luxury goods etc, but for a large empire, you can require more of these goods than is actually possible to have, particularly coal. You are also limited to the number of arms/furniture etc factories you can build yourself: a maximum of 3

Second Lieutenant

jep, thats something that i wanted to change by these events: the triggered modifier "no refined goods" or something
    if gigau gives his okay, i would also add events for armaments and so on, depending on how much iron etc. your empire has^^

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayfox92 View Post
    if gigau gives his okay, i would also add events for armaments and so on, depending on how much iron etc. your empire has^^
    Those events are on my to-do list... if you accept to code 'em and accept that i possibly make a few adjustments if i feel the need, then please, YES, go ahead
    •

Second Lieutenant

would be a honor for me

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Help is always appreciated, Danke schφne
    •

Second Lieutenant

i just found penal, what a funny good i will not add it, as i think this is a little to special, but an empire with a high revolt risk should be able to get these in islands or subsistenical agriculture, like sibiria

E: while adding these events
    # 12 iron [coal] -> steel
    # 13 tin-lead, copper -> hardware, armaments, ammunition
    # 14 steel [coal] -> hardware, armaments

i checked how much provinces produce coal: 3. and these 3 are in europe. IF these events should depend also on coal, there is definetly a need for more coal, so either i add another event for more coal or i use lumber as alternative.

as explansation: tin or lead combined with copper is bronze, which could be used like steel (?)
    Last edited by grayfox92; 20-02-2012 at 18:40.

Careful changing steel to something else. I think it is a required good, if you don't have enough you get a bad modifier.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Penal : that was my intention, indeed.

Bronze : nah, no need.

Steel : I'll look at the requirement for steel... could be adapted to also require the "improved" ressource as well.
    •

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Bronze : nah, no need.
    so should tin and copper just develop or are they supposed to stay as a resource?

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayfox92 View Post
    so should tin and copper just develop or are they supposed to stay as a resource?
    They can devellop to hardward and armamaent as you suggested. It's just i don't think bronze warrants adding a new ressource.
    •

Second Lieutenant

should naval supplies be tied to provinces with a port? or should that just have influence on the mtth?

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Possibly make it a mtth modifier that delays it a lot if it's not a port. But if there is a general opinino it should be restricted to ports, i won't fight it.
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast