+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tradegood development

Second Lieutenant
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

tradegood development

i was wondering if meiou has an event or something that changes for example wool to cloth or something... i don't mean the provincial decision for arms etc. in the whole world mod is something like that and i would love to have that feature in meiou

if there isn't, i would code it myself if someone is interested, but maybe i will need some help with that

Ship Simulator Extremes

I would be against such a thing. Some tradegoods are great and some are garbage, it's just another thing to consider when expanding.

We already have Colonial goods switching from grains to better goods and development of arms/furniture/rum. I really don't think we need more.

Second Lieutenant

you have a point there^^ my thought was that it's odd to have a giant empire (for example in far/near east) producing wool and (at some point) the possibility to produce cloth (theoretical) yourself and your population demanding cloth but not doing it, instead importing it from the netherlands in europe :O
    what i had in mind was not to change it in every province, i wanted to refer to the demand for a good so that every 5 - 10 wool province you get one cloth but i can't even find how / if thats possible, so i guess i'll lay that on ice for now
    Last edited by grayfox92; 14-02-2012 at 12:49.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I'm fairly certain that in this timeframe, taking a province that produces a raw material and making it suddenly change to produce the manufactured version of that good would be fairly implausable. For example, you'd be asking the sheep-wool gathering clansmen of the Scottish Highlands to suddenly gain textile trade skills and produce quality cloth on par with the dutchs'. It would also be a wrecking ball to the supply&demand mechanics that decide product worth which is already a little polarised.

None the less, if it's something you wanted it would be fairly easy to code even if you were just butchering the events that change colonial goods.

Second Lieutenant

sure, but if you build a factory in there before and have the same knowledge ( production tech) as the netherlands... but still, i know what you mean, it wouldn't be made of the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    None the less, if it's something you wanted it would be fairly easy to code even if you were just butchering the events that change colonial goods.
    yeah? then help me out please most of it is really easy, but is there a way to check if a land has 5 wool provinces for every cloth province? just found that "trade goods" checks the sum of provinces producing one good.

Ship Simulator Extremes

the checks are simply "wool = 5" or "steel = 1"

The event would look roughly like this, I imagine

Code:
    province_event = {

id = 910000 #whatever

trigger = {
    		year = 1600 #after this year it can happen
    		owner = { cloth = 1 } #own at least 1 cloth province
    		owner = { wool = 5 } #own at least 5 wool provinces
    		trade_goods = wool #provnice produces wool
    		}
    		citysize = 10000 #large populations only
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 500	#rarity

modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			citysize = 15000 #faster for larger populations
                    }

title = 
    	desc = 

option = {
    		name = 
    		trade_goods = cloth
    		}
    }
    'course you'd need to add localisations and such. I've never really added an event myself.

Second Lieutenant

thats roughly what i have
    owner = { cloth = 1 } #own at least 1 cloth province
    owner = { wool = 5 } #own at least 5 wool provinces

i wanted 5 wool provinces PER cloth province, i think this would make it cloth = wool + 5, isn't it? but thanks so far

E: i'm actually to lazy to make more conditions ( every single case :/) so i was searching for an "elegant" way

Wait what...? Build a factory? This isn't the industrial revolution here.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

well you can build factories in the game, so it would make it more realistic that the trade good changes like 100 years after you build a factory.
    This would be pretty powerful (especially on top of the manufactory bonus), but the factories are 4k a piece, so that would be fitting.

If the scottish were at war witht he netherlands, they could want to make it themselves. However that shouldn't be instant, for that the 100 years (or 100 years mtth) are necessary.

Second Lieutenant

thanks nivve, thats what i meant i'm happy that someone put my thoughts perfectly into words since my english is not that good

A manufactory and a 'factory' are different to my understanding. Also i would think they are unlikely to change a provinces trade good.

Second Lieutenant

i'm talking about the trade buildings five and six, factory and steampowered factory and it's not my strong point, but i think that wool is more unlikely to be produced in a factory than cloth or something like that.
    you could also switch to a good thats produced in a bordering province, like in tibet wool --> carpet if the other requirements are met.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    More events/decisions to switch tradegoods are on the to-do list, although i'm not sure which triggers to set, and how to balance it (and it's currently not high on the to-do list).
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Second Lieutenant

yeah, the balancing :P if get my events done, i'll post them here, so that you can (if you want) use it i would be happy to save you some time for the difficult modding

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Although I have to agree trhat manufactories and factories are differently portraid, I still think it;s a nice idea to have manufactories change trade goods (see my last post). It would be very expensive and the mtth would guarantee that it cannot be used instantly. It would give you some kind of control (how little that may be) to add some flavour.

It could even be linked to the events that are on the to-do lists. Something like:
    Normally the event has a mtth of 200 years, but with a manufactory it's x0.8. Just like a same culture influences core acquisition.

Second Lieutenant

just a quick question, does it matter where i put the tags? for example is that

modifier = {
    factor = 0.95
    citysize = 10000
    }

the same as that?

modifier = { factor = 0.95
    citysize = 10000 }

93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayfox92 View Post
    just a quick question, does it matter where i put the tags? for example is that

modifier = {
    factor = 0.95
    citysize = 10000
    }

the same as that?

modifier = { factor = 0.95
    citysize = 10000 }
    Same, yes. You can even write :

modifier = { factor = 0.95 citysize = 10000 }
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Second Lieutenant

great, thanks for the hint this will make it a lot easier

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    At your service
    •

Second Lieutenant

Code:
    #	05		wool -> cloth
    #	06		wool -> carpet
    # 	07		gold, silver & diamonds [glassware] -> jewelery
    #	08		grain, millet, maize -> livestock
    #	09		low value good -> services
    #	10		lumber, hemp -> naval supplies

#################################################################

province_event = {									# wool --> cloth
    id = 9000005

trigger = {
    			OR = { has_building = factory has_building = workshop has_building = textile }
    			owner = { wool = 10 } 
    			owner = { cloth = 1 }
    			owner = { production_tech = 26 }		# not before 1550
    			trade_goods = wool 
    		}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 1

modifier = { factor = 0.7 has_building = steam_powered_factory }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.6 has_building = textile }

modifier = { factor = 0.6 has_country_flag = IndId }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.9 has_building = university }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 citysize = 10000 }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 citysize = 20000 }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 citysize = 30000 }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 Not = { mercantilism_freetrade = -1 } }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 Not = { mercantilism_freetrade = -3 } }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.9 Not = { innovative_narrowminded = -3 } }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.9 Not = { innovative_narrowminded = -1 } }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.9 technology_group = western }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.95 production_efficiency = 1 }
    		modifier = { factor = 0.9 production_efficiency = 1.5 }

modifier = { factor = 0.9 owner = { production_tech = 33 } }					#average year = 1636
    		modifier = { factor = 0.85 owner = { production_tech = 39 } }					#average year= 1700
    		modifier = { factor = 0.75 owner = { production_tech = 48 } }					#average year = 1735
    		modifier = { factor = 0.6 owner = { production_tech = 64 } }					#average year = 1798

modifier = { factor = 1.2 NOT = { owner = { production_tech = 33 } } }			#before year = 1636   / not towards industrialisation
    		modifier = { factor = 1.2 mercantilism_freetrade = 1 }
    		modifier = { factor = 1.2 innovative_narrowminded = 1 }
    		modifier = { factor = 1.1 NOT = { technology_group = western } }
    		}

title = "EVTNAME9000005"
    desc = "EVTDESC9000005"

immediate = { clr_country_flag = IndId }

option = { name = "EVTOPTA9000005"
    		trade_goods = cloth
    		owner = { treasury = -250 }
    		set_country_flag = IndId			#Ind[ustrial]Id[ol]
    			}