• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SAS

20+ Years on the Forum
204 Badges
Jan 13, 2002
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
I must say this is an amazing finished product. My hat goes off to all who slaved away to create this game!

I purchased (pre-order of course) the GamersGate copy. I was very intregued as to how the new patch/expansion/DLC policy was going to work out with the game and launcher. I must say wow, very easy and smooth.

Anyone familiar with GamersGate knows about "blue coins" and the interface is very nice. It was incredibly easy to access and download the DLC's and of course I was so happy I had to get the additional music.

So after my restart the real beuty of the new system is seen. I saw the MOD and DLC boxes before but of course they were empty. Now with the restart it is a simple click or unclick to select and use them, very easy, fast and neat.

Well done!

My 2cents: A good idea, but badly done.
My gamersgate password is somewhat complicated, and i couldn't copy-paste it in the in-game interface. In addition to that, i can't type special characters inside it (like @ or #), so i have to change my gamersgate password in order to use it.
Badly thought, in my opinion.

Yes seems to work really fine so far, i just wait with my final judgment of the new system until i see how it can handle additional content that isnt just cosmetical and how much of it will be available.

+1

Yes seems to work really fine so far, i just wait with my final judgment of the new system until i see how it can handle additional content that isnt just cosmetical and how much of it will be available.

If the MOD support section works out it will be a great system!

My gamersgate password is somewhat complicated, and i couldn't copy-paste it in the in-game interface. In addition to that, i can't type special characters inside it (like @ or #), so i have to change my gamersgate password in order to use it.

Why can't you type special characters?

I'm certain they wouldn't mind streamlining the system, sounds like a good suggestion.

I must say this is an amazing finished product. My hat goes off to all who slaved away to create this game!

I purchased (pre-order of course) the GamersGate copy. I was very intregued as to how the new patch/expansion/DLC policy was going to work out with the game and launcher. I must say wow, very easy and smooth.

Anyone familiar with GamersGate knows about "blue coins" and the interface is very nice. It was incredibly easy to access and download the DLC's and of course I was so happy I had to get the additional music.

So after my restart the real beuty of the new system is seen. I saw the MOD and DLC boxes before but of course they were empty. Now with the restart it is a simple click or unclick to select and use them, very easy, fast and neat.

Well done!

Where are the DLC's. I have downloaded game but can't find the DLC's? It says in game store but can't find any?

Already buy dlc songs: fanboy present:p!

Regarding the DLC interface: The password typed being shown in plaintext, instead of being masked, unlike just about every other password interface ever, raised an eyebrow. Convenient and all if you get it wrong, but not if someone happens to be looking over your shoulder... Also, minus points for being unable to copy-paste into the password field.

What in-game store?

The Gamersgate version has a in game store button that you click once the main menu of the game is up. Then you spend you blue coins. I think the Steam version does it like any steam game DLC.

I'm anxious to see what things PI will roll out in the In-Game Store :unsure:

Well right now in addition to the pre-oreder bonus there are two additional music packs, very nice!

The Gamersgate version has a in game store button that you click once the main menu of the game is up. Then you spend you blue coins. I think the Steam version does it like any steam game DLC.

Thanks. I was looking around Gamersgate! Doh!. Hadn't started the game (supposed to be working)

It seems to be nicely done, had to buy those music packs :)
Had to do some file digging to get to the ogg files as i wanted to listen them on winamp