• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello just to let you know i finally found the ingame button on the main screen. Its not something i usually look out for. And i finally found my two DLCs and downloaded them. So thank you for all your help. But i must admit i did find the message with the game rather vague and confusing. One final thing now ive downloaded the DLCs do i still have to remain logged in to the ingame site to keep using them? Or can i log out now, or is it alright to remain logged in? As this seems rather new to me. Thanks for any advice.

It should work to log off

My DLCs are in the in-game store and already ticked, as stated in this topic, yet they are not effective. I loaded up the 1337 scenario and some of the dynastic shields supposedly changed by the DLC - von Habsburg and Wittelsbach - are still randomly generated and not historically correct, while the mongol rulers in Russian steppes have 'Middle Eastern' faces, not the Mongol ones from the DLC.

Am I the only one with this issue? Or is it a common problem with the pre-loaded GG DLCs?

My DLCs are in the in-game store and already ticked, as stated in this topic, yet they are not effective. I loaded up the 1337 scenario and some of the dynastic shields supposedly changed by the DLC - von Habsburg and Wittelsbach - are still randomly generated and not historically correct, while the mongol rulers in Russian steppes have 'Middle Eastern' faces, not the Mongol ones from the DLC.

Am I the only one with this issue? Or is it a common problem with the pre-loaded GG DLCs?

Try reinstalling them and see, other people have said that works.

Hello with the last message. Yes i noticed that as well. But i wasnt sure what was going to happen if i logged out. So then i logged back in and tested the DLCs. They then came up reinstall, so i did. They had downloaded again and thats when i wasnt sure if it was safe to log out again. I have to look and see what happen. The music that comes with it do you have to pay that with your blue coins then? This is a good idea especially if you have to download mods which i still have problems with like the one for HOI 3. Thanks for any advice.

Is the DLC offer still available on the GG version? Steam says the game doesn't launch for another ~2 hours.

That's what I was thinking. I don't think it's worth the price at the moment, but I'd certainly consider buying it in a few months after a few patches and a price drop.

Probably this have been posted somewhere but is there detailed list of what does actually DLC's add to the game, i mean 100% detailed.

I am wondering this, too!

Ah, I found this link http://www.crusaderkings.com/news/2012/2/crusader-kings-ii-pre-order-starts-demo-released

It explains that:

The Crusader Kings II pre-order includes free bonus content for all loyal subjects: a full game in Crusader Kings Complete, along with two additional DLC packs;

Crusader Kings II Mongol Families DLC
The Mongol Families DLC contains thousands of unique face combinations for male and female characters of the Mongol cultures. It also contains seven new unit sprites for Archers, Horse Archers, Heavy Infantry, Pikemen, Light Infantry, Light Cavalry and Heavy Cavalry.

Crusader Kings II Dynasty Shield DLC
Containing 50 unique dynastic shields for the 50 most famous families of Medieval Europe

Last edited:
And what if I click on the Ingame Store button and it just does nothing (well, except making a sound)?.

Is the Ingamestore only in the Gamersgate version or also in the other versions?

GG Verson, the Steam version you buy DLC through the steam store like other games.