• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(155777)

Private
3 Badges
Aug 17, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
Hey, thought i'd share my thoughts on what this game needs to be better.

- Alot more intrigues/plots, there is 1000 of plots/intrigues that could happen. Take a look at the roman empire, alot of stuff you can steal from there. A way to use your money in plots, example a bribe on someone so many ways to screw one over. Or plot to get someone banished from their lord. Or plot to go to war with someone else and share lands of your enemies amongst yourselfs.

- More abilities to interact, its weird how little ways there is to interact with people in this game tbh. Becuse i think its what you shoulda focused on mainly. Some simple things added like giving others tips to stay away from someone, or telling them tips about how they should behave(which alot of others is telling me ive noticed) endless possibilities. Also adding some sort of threats would be nice.

- More possibility interacting with your cities, maybe a screen with people living in the city (nobles living there) Some feeling maybe a fun note on what goes on in the market. But mainly what i mean is way to change capitols, way to name cities after lords (and for that lord it would be like an reward maybe) especially if its a flourishing city. Also what i would like is some sort of ranking iknow u can see what the city produces in taxes. But maybe giving the city a status rich/poor etc. Also iwould wanto know how many people live there(gives the game a better feeling). The several events like Thiefs guilds in citys happening is an awesome thing, but maybe some interaction here aswell.

- Whene someone importent die, maybe a news(iknow there is a warning) with that he is dead and how he died.
- More laws,example: insert coucil/senate(alot of intrigue possibility here).
- The random events of lords screwing up is so much fun, more random small events incurring.
- Boat fights ofcourse.
- Punish vessels by sending them on crusade.
- Controlling your army is so annoying. Let us control army without looking at freaking interface.
- Educating is a great thing, but what about hiring trainers for your children.
- More world interaction, news from around the world. (here you could use some of the pictures you used in the loading screen maybe)
- In Total War now and then you get a list with who is strongest in world, who is richest etc. Something like this would be nice(richest family etc).
- Alliances without family bonds would be nice, but i really like the current system ihafto admit. Maybe a system where you have really good relationship. You have helped each other in past and you can now ally after the family bonds is dead.
- Combat logs is kinda boring (a small sentence explaining your win would be nice) nothing complicated just some small pre written sentences. + whene my army consist of 9k+ men and i win vs a army consisting of 10 guys its not really interesting. Some way to filter this out to message log.
- Nuns?

Anyways it's not much needed to make this game perfect. Awesome game but i feel you guys ran a marathon but stopped 10m infront of goalline.
Becuse there is some small things missing.

Last edited:
Wow - you have a lot of ideas!

Regarding naval battles, it does seem odd that invading armies and their transport fleets totally ignore enemy screening fleets. Mind you, there really doesn't seem to have been a great amount of proper naval conflict during this period apart from galley battles on occasion in the mediterranean where Byzantium fought it out with the Muslim states and the Italian naval powers fought for dominance.

How naval power could help would be in preserving your own trade routes while denying your rivals', plus raiding coastal towns either for plunder or to annoy the locals. Now if someone could mod that, it would be great.

What little I do know of naval engagements in the CK2 involved bizarre things like releasing bags of flour or quicklime (Battle of Dover) into the wind in an attempt to blind the enemy!

By the way, how would you envisage nuns being used in the game? I'm intrigued!

I think the 'Centre of Trade' concept is warranted here... a feature from Europa Universalis 3 that I think is needed. :/

That's just me though.

I also missed the 'names' for techs and a little history about them from Crusader Kings 1.

Wow - you have a lot of ideas!

Regarding naval battles, it does seem odd that invading armies and their transport fleets totally ignore enemy screening fleets. Mind you, there really doesn't seem to have been a great amount of proper naval conflict during this period apart from galley battles on occasion in the mediterranean where Byzantium fought it out with the Muslim states and the Italian naval powers fought for dominance.

How naval power could help would be in preserving your own trade routes while denying your rivals', plus raiding coastal towns either for plunder or to annoy the locals. Now if someone could mod that, it would be great.

What little I do know of naval engagements in the CK2 involved bizarre things like releasing bags of flour or quicklime (Battle of Dover) into the wind in an attempt to blind the enemy!

By the way, how would you envisage nuns being used in the game? I'm intrigued!

Yea i agree tho, i don't want something like in TW where u could loose your whole army of 3k men to 4 ships worth 1/70 value. But the trade routes seems nice, but then they would first hafto create a trade system. A bit too complicated imo.

Funny u ask about nuns since its the only thing i frankly dont care about on the list. :)