• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's ridiculous that all of that is possible, let alone within one man's lifetime. Must the 'anything is possible' spirit of EU3 and HoI3 live on in all of these games?

That's a gloriously ambitious scheme.

It's ridiculous that all of that is possible, let alone within one man's lifetime. Must the 'anything is possible' spirit of EU3 and HoI3 live on in all of these games?

Why isn't it possible?
Personally what matters if it will last upon succession to the next heir.

though it isn't usually used in this situation...pics or it didn't happen :p No seriously...please tell me you have pics to share with us

I dont have many, given I wasnt planning on AARing this game or anything. And since its run on the demo, I dont have a neat selection of saves to go back to. I DID save though by running it in a Virtual Machine, but I only used a single savestate slot, ie, I can show you how my game looks now but not go back. I DID take a few pics from my game including a fairly good "proof of deed" here:
ck2_18.jpg

(Notice the grandson thing, and well, the fact a Catholic gets to invade Byzantium)

ck2_16.jpg

This I believe was the state of things soon before the invasion of Byzantium. Notice I own the holy land. Technically, I'm an HRE vassal still at this point. Another thing that was especially nice is that gaining an Emperor-level title frees you from vassalship to the HRE, and since the latter had managed High Crown Authority, that was a much welcome thing. Much less of a hassle than doing an Invasion of the HRE, which is, by the way, entirely possible... even if you're still an HRE vassal!!

Here's a current screenshot.

ck2_21.jpg

You know what they say... like father, like son. :D

Seriously I think at a minimum, asking for an Invasion should have some additional triggers; A -personal- claim on the Throne you're trying to claim, first of all. (Basically making the Papal action about 'upgrading' an existing CB rather than creating one outright), it should also probably be impossible to invade the two Empires this way. (King level max), and Piety cost should vary. 500/250 is okay for a Kingdom like Croatia I guess, but not France.