• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tyranny isn't even global. Characters that do not exist prior to a tyrannical action do not get any tyranny at all. It also does not apply to people not in your realm when you incur it. This means tyranny can be bypassed to some extent by replacing naughty vassals with "new men" who you generate via the intrigue screen.

Tyranny is a kind of global vassal/courtier penalty to relations with a set time. If you incur a -60 relations hit due to tyranny, it doesn't decay anyway. Instead, it remains in full force until it expires. (5 years, I think, but I can't remember right now)

If your advisor hates you, there is no immediate penalty to their performance (stewards might steal from you, but that's minor). Instead, they use their position to plot against you. That's the real threat, because their high position makes it easier (I think) for them to get people to consent to a plot. I can't even begin to count the number of times my advisors have tried to lower crown authority or take titles from me. :angry: Luckily, the oubliette's capacity is always "One more traitorous scumbag." :D

Wow that's a bunch of new details to the game. I have to rethink my gaming all over again then as it's much different from CK1 which you could rid yourself of badboy or bad reputations pretty easily with piety plays and of course time.

Ok what about negative effects of a council member who doesn't like you or has negative points in opinion? Also where's the info like in CK1 that you could mouse over and it showed how many points they went up or down per month I think it was? like -0.5 or -1.02 etc. ?

I don't know if the efficiency of councilors is reduced by bad opinion - in real life politics that is often kept under wraps until the right opportunity. Having your Spymaster against you can be a very bad thing when plots arise.

I haven't noticed any opinion modifiers that increment or decrement frequently except the penalty for having levies in the field too long, which has its own icon pop up topscreen.