• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MasterofMagic

CONFEDERATES AND FLAGS FOREVER!!
3 Badges
Nov 30, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
In CK1 you got reputation adjustments for Badboy points gained. I don't see them or know how they work in this game. So, where are the reputation results presented in this game and are they still the same like Honorable, Respected, Low down scumbag? etc. etc?

In CK1 you got reputation adjustments for Badboy points gained. I don't see them or know how they work in this game. So, where are the reputation results presented in this game and are they still the same like Honorable, Respected, Low down scumbag? etc. etc?

There is no bad boy in CK2.

Not sure their are any, but unlike other paradox games the larger you get in this game the harder it is to hold it all and if your hair takes over after you die you could have over half your Dukes in revolt :) and end up back as small leader.

I'd really like it if there was more impact from dynastic prestige. If my ancestors were kings or dukes it should have more effect in diplomacy and marriage negotiations etc.
Likewise of course, good kinds and bad kings should get associated kickings from their former 'underlings' when they are down on their luck.

Really can't wait to get to modding and scripting new event chains .. !

Check the CK2 best features topic (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585091-Crusader-Kings-II-best-features-According-to-5-devs)
I'll just quote the important part ;)

Doomdark - Henrik Fåhraeus – Project Leader & Lead Designer.
"I love the opinion system in Crusader Kings II. In the first game, you had a whole slew of overlapping concepts: stability, loyalty, "badboy", friends, rivals, and relations between countries. When you think about it, these are all basically the same thing: the views that characters have of each other, i.e. opinions. The new system unifies all of these concepts very nicely. You can see exactly why characters feel the way they do about each other, and it has a clear effect on the gameplay. It is unilateral, meaning your character can love another character, while that character still hates your guts. Needless to say, I am pushing for a similar system in our future games... "

No BB. However, you do have to pay attention to the opinions of your court, and especially your vassals, who can revolt if you take actions that are nasty enough. Plus, you can't invade another's territory without a reason, and if a claim seems good for you, there might be three other claimants who think that after you take control it would work for them, too.

Ok what about negative effects of a council member who doesn't like you or has negative points in opinion? Also where's the info like in CK1 that you could mouse over and it showed how many points they went up or down per month I think it was? like -0.5 or -1.02 etc. ?

Don't forget-a da pope. He can have rather delicate sensibilities.

Ok what about negative effects of a council member who doesn't like you or has negative points in opinion? Also where's the info like in CK1 that you could mouse over and it showed how many points they went up or down per month I think it was? like -0.5 or -1.02 etc. ?

I agree, those seem to be gone. From what I can tell, opinions are static save when changed by events, etc.

It doesn't fluctuate month per month, it's just a static modifier instead.

As an example, if you're a Kind ruler, that will give you a +10 relation boost with most of your vassals. It doesn't get better or worse with time, it's just a static boost that you get. If you have a Cruel vassal, they might instead get a -10 relation penalty due to your Kindness. Again, it doesn't progressively get worse, but it does affect your relations.

Besides traits, things like your crown laws, control over territory, any tyrannical actions (imprisoning people without cause, banishing/executing vassals) and any virtuous actions (releasing prisoners without compensation, sending gifts) will affect the opinion levlel of your court. If a Cruel vassal has a -10 modifier that's bothering you, you can give him a gift for a +20 to try to offset that.

Hint: Throw festivals and throw them often. There's a slew of internal diplomacy events that can either strengthen relations or work towards ditching worthless courtiers.

BTW, far as I know, the gift option only works once, and then you need to be more creative.

There is a tyranno-meter but it only counts inside your realm.

Even then, I'm pretty sure that's still just a part of the opinion system.

Yeah, it seems to be applied to (direct?) vassals at the point when you do the bad stuff. I'm not entirely sure if it ever goes away for someone who has it, but it certainly doesn't ever get added to someone who doesn't. Make someone who doesn't have it your duke, and he won't suddenly start to think you're a tyrant.

Doesn't depend on your position either. I accidentally became HRE (wasn't watching the voting...) when I didn't want to be, so I imprisoned some people, banished them for their lands, then surrendered to the first person who tried to depose me. Back in my now rather expanded duchy, not only did my own vassals think I was a tyrant, but every duke in the Empire did too...

I guess my question is if I have a council member that really dislikes me what can or will he do negatively? Like my chancellor? or a Marshall? Or spymaster? or Bishop? what are some of the negative events you've seen from council members who didn't like you? I haven't seen any myself so just asking.

There is a tyranno-meter but it only counts inside your realm.

Even then, I'm pretty sure that's still just a part of the opinion system.

Tyranny isn't even global. Characters that do not exist prior to a tyrannical action do not get any tyranny at all. It also does not apply to people not in your realm when you incur it. This means tyranny can be bypassed to some extent by replacing naughty vassals with "new men" who you generate via the intrigue screen.

Tyranny is a kind of global vassal/courtier penalty to relations with a set time. If you incur a -60 relations hit due to tyranny, it doesn't decay anyway. Instead, it remains in full force until it expires. (5 years, I think, but I can't remember right now)

I guess my question is if I have a council member that really dislikes me what can or will he do negatively? Like my chancellor? or a Marshall? Or spymaster? or Bishop? what are some of the negative events you've seen from council members who didn't like you? I haven't seen any myself so just asking.

If your advisor hates you, there is no immediate penalty to their performance (stewards might steal from you, but that's minor). Instead, they use their position to plot against you. That's the real threat, because their high position makes it easier (I think) for them to get people to consent to a plot. I can't even begin to count the number of times my advisors have tried to lower crown authority or take titles from me. :angry: Luckily, the oubliette's capacity is always "One more traitorous scumbag." :D

Luckily, the oubliette's capacity is always "One more traitorous scumbag." :D

The goblin cleaners like to keep a tidy house.

labyrinth1986.0301.jpg