• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

billt568

Captain
70 Badges
Sep 5, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Does anyone know when Tyranny starts to become a problem? I find that when I have between 100-200 tyranny, noone revolts, my vassals quake with fear, and I can get a young king off the ground. 300+ tyranny is revolts everywhere. What are the limits and effects on the AI? Has anyone found it in the scripts?

Not sure what you're doing to avoid revolts, because surely a tyranny of 200 would turn someone at 100 opinion to -100 opinion. I start having problems at 50 tyranny usually as it makes anyone indifferent toward me actively dislike me, and means all but my best friends become indifferent.

Or by tyranny are you not referring to the opinion modifier value?

If a vassal with some strength and the right traits hits around -40 in their opinion of me, they'll try a revolt. Tyrant can really build up fast, and even one -40 can do it in some cases.

If a vassal with some strength and the right traits hits around -40 in their opinion of me, they'll try a revolt. Tyrant can really build up fast, and even one -40 can do it in some cases.

I found out a good way to prevent being tyraniccal is not executing people or imprisoning them for no reason.
If a vassal rebels and you beat him and enforce your demands he gets automatically get imprisoned, and you can strip them off every of his titles because he is a traitor without any problem.

Afterwards you can easily just release them or banish them, either option doesn't give you tyranny problems and they won't really be a pain in your side anymore... At least in 20 years i never got stabbed in the back by anyone who i released after stripping him of his titles. (playing as Leon)