• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bertouch

Musical Tree Surgeon
19 Badges
Feb 15, 2007
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
According to an earlier post--which seemed to find general agreement--having more than 30 courtiers meant your ruler had fewer kids. That's not necessarily bad, but if you want to get rid of male courtiers for whatever reason, what recourse do you have? You can try lowering their opinions of you, but that's tough to do to a courtier. And matrilieneal marriage won't work. Any ideas?

M8 u need only courtier with skill, assignment, kids or royal in ur court. All others are unnecessary and useless.
All other is best to kill. Cost 50gold. IF u throw in dungeon, u will get bad points.

According to an earlier post--which seemed to find general agreement--having more than 30 courtiers meant your ruler had fewer kids. That's not necessarily bad, but if you want to get rid of male courtiers for whatever reason, what recourse do you have? You can try lowering their opinions of you, but that's tough to do to a courtier. And matrilieneal marriage won't work. Any ideas?

Kill them, kill them allllllll. Don't worry about bad points, do what you like. It's about role playing. Be a tyrant, be mean, be cruel, see how long you last. ;)

M8 u need only courtier with skill, assignment, kids or royal in ur court. All others are unnecessary and useless.
All other is best to kill. Cost 50gold. IF u throw in dungeon, u will get bad points.

You'll also get bad points if you're discovered using assassination, and that happens rather frequently. Or are you referring to another option? I don't see any.

Lol one of my favorite things in CK1 that I had read about and tried was having my wife as the spymaster and once she reached oh 25 or 26 asking her to commit suicide so I could remarry and have more kids. It was hilariously funny and I think only 1 time out of many did it fail. Can you do that in this one?

You'll also get bad points if you're discovered using assassination, and that happens rather frequently. Or are you referring to another option? I don't see any.

Well you could invite a guy with 22+ intrigue to be your spy master and do some cloak and daggering, against courtiers you'd likely have close to 0% odds of being discovered and over 50% chance of success.

Well you could invite a guy with 22+ intrigue to be your spy master and do some cloak and daggering, against courtiers you'd likely have close to 0% odds of being discovered and over 50% chance of success.

There's no ability to target a courtier in this way.

After research, the earlier post was only half-correct. Many courtiers do reduce children but only in AI-controlled lands, in order to reduce CPU strain on having tons and tons of characters running around. Hopefully this is true, but it could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?

The soft way is to use normal wedding for women you want to get rid of. And matrilinear wedding for men. In that last case the man is going away to his wife/wife's liege court.

Well just ignore them. I don't think that the 30 limit affects player and managing couriers is micromanagement hell. I mean they can't even marry on the own, you have to do it maunaly or you will end with unmarried court :blink: