• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

erekose123

Major
73 Badges
Sep 2, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Totally new to CK serie and thinking about buying the game.
Playing as King of Poland in the Demo.

Practical case #1 :
The ambition of the Duke of Silesia is to control the counties of Opole and Cieszyn, both titles belong to me.
How do I help him fulfill his ambition ?
On the opposite, Since he is one of the Duke i have the least good relation with, what can I do to get rid of him ?

Practical case #2 :
Clicing on the "Ducky de Jure" icon on the minimap, I see that the counties of Jacwiez and Yatvagi actually belong to the Kingdom of Poland, precisely to the Duchy of Mazovia. I would think that any of those would have claims on those counties but no. Why ? What are my options to bring back those two Counties inside the Duchy of Mazovia ?

thank you if you can provide precise and argumented answers ^^/

1) I wouldn't give neither county to Duke of Silesia from 2 reasons - A) you would lose quite a big (and rich) part of your demesne and B) he hates you and even though giving him those 2 titles will satisfy him for some time, in the end you will still have a duke who hates but who is now also twice the powerful than before.

As to the duke himself, you can either marry him to your family (At least I think he's not a member of your close family), but in the long run that wouldn't do anything in the long run or you can wait for him to actually rebel and then imprison him, making him powerless.

2) Normally you should have claims on Jacwiez and Yatvagi but since they are both pagan counties, you can conquer them with a holy war CB without any prerequisites.

I don't have access to the game right now (at work), but I can help you with #1.

If you go to the diplomacy screen for the Duke of Silesia, you can "Grant Title" to him. You have to do it one at a time, but you can grant him both counties.

If you want him to go away, you can try to lower relations with him until he rebels. If you defeat him in his rebellion, you will imprison him, and then you can Revoke Title (only one, and only with Low Crown Authority or higher) or Banish. I like Banish because it takes everything he has and gives it to you. You vassals don't like Banish though. Your vassals prefer you Revoke Title.

There's an honorary title that should annoy the Duke of Silesia: court jester. Give him that. Put your chancellor in his territory to look for plots: if one comes up that implicates him, you can imprison him without angering people. But first check to make sure you have a lot of gold or a large levy in your own personal territories, to deal with him when he revolts.

For #1, if he has no heirs, assassinating him will cause his titles to revert to you. If that's the right duke I'm thinking of, that will mean you are 2 counties richer, and have the ducal title, prevent future demands on those counties. Remember when someone has a ducal title they will want all parts of the de jure duchy, worsening relations with whomever has the counties, except for vassals of course. So if you want to keep those two counties, get the ducal title.

Last edited:
I was able to pacify the Duke of Silesia with honorary titles and gifts. He still wants what he wants, but it can bring his opinion into the green. Your other option is to revoke his titles. He'll probably rebel, but he's pretty easy to defeat in a war, even early on.

Thanks everyone, all your answers have been great help.

Practical case #3 :
I am at war with the Duke of Silesia and I conquered his 3 provinces (I had to lay siege 3 times in each province), but i still can not claim the Duchy for myself. I can only offer peace via the diplomacy screen and loose prestige ... What do I have to do to conquer his land ?

Well.. I guess he declared war on you. In that case, you simply cannot take over his lands. To take over land, you must first declare war on someone and choose the 'Claim Insertcountynamehere' casus belli.

But since he revolted against you, you should be able to imprison him ('Enforce Demands') and then revoke his titles while he's in jail, or simply banish him.

I am assuming he rebelled. If you read it, the peace option should make him lose prestige, not you. Then he will be in prison and you can do what you want with him (the game will tell you the consequences for the different choices).

For #2: Jacwiez is part of the Duchy of Galich (assuming he hasn't died and/or moved his base he lives in Turov). To take it you have to DoW him, not whatever scrumbot he gives it to. Also, it would be something along the lines of "enforce vassal claim" because your Duke of Mazovia has the actual claim to it.

To take Yatvagi you dow the owner (or his liege if applicable) with the "holy war for Mazovia" CB

If your spymaster identifies someone who is plotting, sending your Marshal in on a "Suppress Revolts and Prepare Arrests" mission increases the odds of successful arrest. Having your troops in the same province may as well, but I haven't tested that.