• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can congenital traits be inherited from parents? What are the odds? 50 percents? I'm trying to get genius, strong, attractive into my dynasty gens. I'm not sure, if it possible. It's hard to test with demo.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to be so. Over about three generations of consistently bethroting my 16yo firstborn to girls with the "genius" trait, quick showed up in 2 of the kids and eventually even in a firstborn, it then remained for the two succeeding generations in my kings although I had stopped marrying genius girls after I acquired the trait and still popped up later on in extended family. I've also had succeeding kings with the strong trait.

edit: Oh man, they're numbered, this is awesome, you diserve a sticky in the mod directory imo

Trait IDs

Thank you so much for compiling this list. :)

The game uses an id number to represent the traits in the save files for example, and I thought it would be useful to see the corresponding internal code of every trait, so I added a column with this information (achieved simply by subtracting the rows not containing traits, since you had already ordered them).

The spreadsheet can be found on this public google docs document, or by downloading this .xls file.

Edit: Some IDs are right, some are not. :/

Last edited:
what is the genius ID or event ID or whatever you call it? i dont see it up there. all i know is it is hereditary, some kids are born with it some are not if a parent has it. same with quick, attractive and strong. :/