• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you've pre-ordered I don't see a problem with it, why should pirates get to play the game before us who payed for it.

I don't care what people do privately, what I take issue to is people bragging about it and using their pirated copies of the game to complain or talk about bugs, particularly on the forums of the game's developer.

The problem is that you're using a non-release version to complain about bugs and problems that may or may not be in the final release.

As long as you've pre-ordered I don't see a problem with it, why should pirates get to play the game before us who payed for it.

You run the risk of socially legitimizing what they do. One of the most effective ways to minimize disagreeable behavior is to make sure it's not a social norm. For the same reason that people are less likely to litter in a clean place, the assumption is that it's not the social norm to litter in that community and if one does it could be a source of shame and social exclusion. Pirates should be socially excluded and feel shame.

Is there a reason why Pdox or the mods don't seem to do anything about forumites openly talking about their pirated versions? One would think they'd take steps against it...

I'm now locking this thread, and I will ban anyone who admits to pirating our games. I don't care if you have pre-ordered, I don't want anyone talking about pirate versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.