• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(37921)

First Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2005
Does anyone know if the multiplayer sync problem might be solved in this game? This problem has plagued every Paradox game for a long time and it has ruined most of my multiplayer games. I will buy this game: but only when I know the problem is no longer an issue. (And I've heard worrying reports from people that have had the opportunity to test the game before release).

I hope to god after Paradox claiming this is the most polished product they have ever produced that MP probs are fixed!

I've purchased this game for the MP aspect.

Or maybe he is just guessing based on previous game experience. Also you do not have to register your icons to play the game. (or for that matter you can have multiple accounts.)

So randomly calling people pirates might not be the greatest of ideas.

Or maybe he is just guessing based on previous game experience. Also you do not have to register your icons to play the game. (or for that matter you can have multiple accounts.)

So randomly calling people pirates might not be the greatest of ideas.

Neither is making comments that you know something when its clear that you dont....

Well, it desyncs. It also takes 30 seconds to join games and 30 seconds to load saves.

This is absolutely accurate. The game takes a tremendous amount of time to connect (you type in the IP and click Join and the screen hangs for up to a minute) and once you do connect loading saves takes an equally long amount of time. Stability is very poor, running at speed level 3 virtually gauruntees a desync (which itself will lead to a crash) within 5 minutes.

Here's hoping the full release version (I have the Steam one) will be better, but right now it reminds me of early EU3 (pre expansions) level of multiplayer capability.

Yeah, unfortunately for us, it de-syncs..
I played with a friend over LAN and it de-synced after several seconds.

And in case one of you righteous people there flame me, I couldn't care less, I've pre-ordered the game and I couldn't wait, sue me :)

It has nothing do with flaming, why would you come to a company's forum and brag about pirating their shit? And use your pirated shit to talk about how the game's buggy?

It's so rude that I can't even come up with a response.

It has nothing do with flaming, why would you come to a company's forum and brag about pirating their shit? And use your pirated shit to talk about how the game's buggy?

It's so rude that I can't even come up with a response.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.