• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MasterofMagic

CONFEDERATES AND FLAGS FOREVER!!
3 Badges
Nov 30, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
WTF? They could be in CK1? I always married into Stewards and Chancellors with my dynasty and now I marry into a good one with like 17 steward and she can't be a steward? WTF why have steward stats for them if they can't be them? She can be a spymaster wooptiddy doo. I want females for everything actually. Joan of Arc was a GD Marshall for gods sakes.

WTF? They could be in CK1? I always married into Stewards and Chancellors with my dynasty and now I marry into a good one with like 17 steward and she can't be a steward? WTF why have steward stats for them if they can't be them? She can be a spymaster wooptiddy doo. I want females for everything actually. Joan of Arc was a GD Marshall for gods sakes.

But unlike CK1, your spouse adds to your ruler's ratings. So marrying a high stewardship wife will potentially increase your demesne.

One reason for women to have stats listed is they can raise the children, thus imparting their stat and trait tendencies to the children. Their stats affect yours when you marry them.

Joan of Arc isn't exactly the best example you could have come up with. She was "leading" her army, but how much of the victories they pulled off were due to her, and how much were due to a competant male "second in command" is a matter for debate.

One reason for women to have stats listed is they can raise the children, thus imparting their stat and trait tendencies to the children. Their stats affect yours when you marry them.

Joan of Arc isn't exactly the best example you could have come up with. She was "leading" her army, but how much of the victories they pulled off were due to her, and how much were due to a competant male "second in command" is a matter for debate.

Irregardless she is a powerful memory in History therefore it should be allowed in the game. It's not like this game has any real historal realism to it once we take control of the court and diplomacy. Sooooooo I say open the doors and let us play it like "I" want to. ;) They let you play with female RULERS now and you couldn't do that in CK1 so I don't see any reason we can't have them as "marshalls" in this one. So, let it be written so let it be done. lol

Irregardless she is a powerful memory in History therefore it should be allowed in the game. It's not like this game has any real historal realism to it once we take control of the court and diplomacy. Sooooooo I say open the doors and let us play it like "I" want to. ;) They let you play with female RULERS now and you couldn't do that in CK1 so I don't see any reason we can't have them as "marshalls" in this one. So, let it be written so let it be done. lol

Hopefully that will be something that is in a text file and easy to mod.

Those competent second in command officers sure did a good job of beating the English before Joan of Arc came along....

Wait, wouldn't Joan just be leading the center of an army, not the highest military official in France?

Bad news. Though I can now have female marshalls and other females I want as council members it turns OFF the males when you turn on the females. Is there a way to get both worlds?

Bad news. Though I can now have female marshalls and other females I want as council members it turns OFF the males when you turn on the females. Is there a way to get both worlds?

Let me guess: you replaced is_female = no with is_female = yes?

Just remove the line entirely.