• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's a list of possible first names for each culture in the cultures.txt file, which will affect what people name their children. I don't think you can rename people who already exist, but you can name your own children yourself.

There's a list of possible first names for each culture in the cultures.txt file, which will affect what people name their children. I don't think you can rename people who already exist, but you can name your own children yourself.

Ok that'll work if I get to name my own children. I just seem to recall in CK1 you could goto some text file and put in last names and then the game would input those when you started it up.

Now I tried to do this in the demo and it wouldn't let me. I clicked on the name of the holding and nothing happened.

I guess its the demo, then. I've been able to do it in the preview. It can be fun.

ck2_5.jpg

ck2_6.jpg

You can change name of barony in demo, but I couldn't find an option to change name of the province or change capital of it (to another barony)

To change the capital of a province, you have to own the county title yourself, and then give the baron that holds the barony (or city or bishopric) you want to be the capital the county title. That will make his holding the new capital.