+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Switching County Capitals

Switching County Capitals

I'm playing as william the conqueror and I want to swap the capital of oxford from Reading to Buckingham, I hold both titles, how do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Liamjon13 View Post
    I'm playing as william the conqueror and I want to swap the capital of oxford from Reading to Buckingham, I hold both titles, how do I do this?
    I'd like to know this as well

Bump, because i do too

Quote Originally Posted by Liamjon13 View Post
    Click on a county that you own and look to the left of it's name in the window that pops up. Then, you should be able to click a crown. It should change your capital.

He means changing the capital holding of a county itself.

I don't think there's a way.

I want to change the capital of a county from one barony to another, how do I do it?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

You can. If you give to a baron/bishop/mayor the county title, his barony/city/bishopry will be the capital of the county.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

True, But if you want to maintain control of the county that becomes a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac23 View Post
    True, But if you want to maintain control of the county that becomes a problem.
    You can try it with your heir. For example give him city, give him county. City should become capital. It should be completed on the next succession. But that is just theory. I haven't tested it.

Edit: Or someone who will die soon and you will inherit.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

What if you revoked the title from the baron who holds your desired capital and then gave the other baronies in the county to barons, so you only keep the capital-to-be as your direct holding? Wouldn't that switch the capital to whatever you are leftwith?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Technically yes, but that would anger the people too much for the little benefit and is not worth the effort.
    Common sense is the less common of the senses.

+ Reply to Thread