Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Overlord Grand Campaign (Vers 2)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Well weather should be known before the decision where to attack.It is more logical.
    And yes,I do think that Allied deck can't win against Axis Probe,it's not hard its near impossible.

edit:and I see that it is like that in rules-"Weather effects: (once each round before attacks are declared)" Did we know what was the weather before attacks were declared?
    Last edited by GoshoGogov; 24-02-2012 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by M4j. Maniacal View Post
    Nice post Narfi! Also great round, this campaign looks to be promising.

Map is updated, and look at those nasty strom systems! Allies are going to have a fun round it seems. Allied commander if you be so kind as to send your attacks and deck compositions to me once you are ready.
    as u see, the weather was done straight after my little AAR post about my fight with telesma.
    Thats about 2 days befor M4j posted the allied attacks. (and thus i guess 2 days befor u decided where to attack)

Darkest Hour

Correct me if I´m wrong,plz: in this round, Axis need also 7VP to win, right?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Yes, first to get 7vp to win.

yes, any area that is not a beach is in general a standart game just with some restrictions.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
    as u see, the weather was done straight after my little AAR post about my fight with telesma.
    Thats about 2 days befor M4j posted the allied attacks. (and thus i guess 2 days befor u decided where to attack)
    Don't think so.Nymet only can say if he was aware of weather conditions or not,but as far as I know they were not mapped in the OP(maybe I missed them?check the thread every day)

nvm,my mistake,didn't read messages very carefully.All that I posted today is irrelevant.
    Last edited by GoshoGogov; 24-02-2012 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by nachopontmercy View Post
    Noooooo! I hate storm!!! By the way, nice AAR, Narfi!
    this indicates for me that he saw the weather at this point already which is just a few hours after M4j posted.

and here my post after i saw the weather minutes after nacho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfi View Post
    wow about the weather, that could be some fatal hit for allies, especially on rainville.

Darkest Hour

Yep, I saw the most tempting squares were all rainy or stormy, and had some despair moments,hehe.

yes I am aware that im leading us all into weather effected terrain , the only thing I was not aware of is that I could of landed at Omaha again, though ill stick to my guns and keep the current plan. I have full faith in our team that we can beat the axis without air power in full force and on top of that land in those nice urban areas by next round.
    Gears of WaAAR! : A German Industrial Deck AAR (A glimpse into a card game that once was the best ever card game iv played to date)

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sorry for the confusion folks. If the allies fail all attacks this round i'll call a vote to redo the turn, since it was essentially the worst possible luck ever. While I know that fate is incredably important in war, This is for fun and thus should be fun for everyone. I dont want a dud final turn like the last time we played, I want this to be a nail biteing finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nymet260 View Post
    yes I am aware that im leading us all into weather effected terrain , the only thing I was not aware of is that I could of landed at Omaha again, though ill stick to my guns and keep the current plan. I have full faith in our team that we can beat the axis without air power in full force and on top of that land in those nice urban areas by next round.
    Im sorry for the confusion about second turn Beach attacks. I honestly need to rewrite these rules so they read better. I have a tendency to assume people know what I know....
    They will be fixed tonight... For me that is.

its not so much about luck, nymet/allies decided to take on the storms and rains while they could have avoided 2 Rain and 2 Storm areas to take on the 3 Clear areas and Omaha who alltogether would open the roads to only 1 VP less then the road they took.
    Only Ranville is a must have to reach caen.

i dont mind if u wanna change St. Mere Eglise to Omaha since it might not have been clear enough. (and i love the beach fights^^)
    But there wasnt any confusion about the weather, just nymets/allies decision to attack there and not the Clear areas. How good or bad that was, well we will see. But im sure allies can do more then just SB. they got alot more sweet stuff to play around with from H&D, just be creative
    But not everyone is going to play Inf probe i hope

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Rules are updated and I think they are now full proof.

also we are waiting on deck compositions from both teams. So get those in as quickly as you can!

Cities in MotionDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneHearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

I consider our current plan good enough to accomplish our goals. If we had for example one clear sector, it would be so obvious that we would go with SB that axis would likely counter with an air deck filled with fighters and AAs (After all SB is the greatest threat). However, we could assume that they assume we go SB and deploy fire support instead, but so can axis assume that we assume that they assume and go with probe.

All I'm saying is that clear weather is not necessarily an advantage for us.

I don't think we should re-do even if all Allied attacks fail,that will be unfair to axis players.

But for next campaign we should try to restrict the axis probe deck.I got some suggestions and will post them when this campaign is over.

alright! all the decks are in and here are your fights.

In Montebourg its Nachopontmercy vs SilentKiller
    In St. Mere-Eglise its Telesma vs Narfi
    in Arromanches its Nymet vs MeinKrieg
    in Creully its tvremote vs Rick
    in Ranville its GoshoGogov vs Dugrim

good luck to everyone... *cough* mostly the allies *cough*
    Im a master of subtlety

Cities in MotionDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneHearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

Interesting how three out of five matches are exactly the same. This round really beats the odds.

chalk one up for the allies, and they said we couldn't win
    Gears of WaAAR! : A German Industrial Deck AAR (A glimpse into a card game that once was the best ever card game iv played to date)

never said that, ur own team did
    allied are more then able to hold there own now even without SB.

Darkest Hour

Ladies and gentlemen, i proudly announce you than Mountebourg has been taken for the allies!!!!!Silentkillers troops made a very strong defence with his pillboxes, but allies tank destroyers were able to wipe out the axis dual units and allow a 3vs2 Meeting Engagement. Now, General Nacho´s troops are drinking champagne and spending some delicious time with the lovely french ladies in town.

Screenshot:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2649/silentg.png

I thought that would be a screenshot of you spending time with some lovely french ladies. Consider me disappointed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast