Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Overlord Grand Campaign (Vers 2)

certainly something to work with for allies
    here a slightly more detailed report about sword beach for those who care.
    sadly i forgot to take more screen during the fight, to intense ^^

-------------------
    Here we are, Sword Beach, My commander Dugrim had that much faith in me that he placed me on the most important beach, god i hope that wasnt a big mistake...
    My ressources are limited and my one big target is to delay my opponent for as long as possible with a defensive lineup that hopefully puts my opponent Telesma into a real struggle to break through.

Here it comes, the opening hand, average draw with some nasty suprises ready straight away.

i decided to play out my Alarm unit, Barbed wire and overhead cover which allowed me a very cheap early defense where i only had to repair the overhead cuz alarmunit repaired itself and barbed wire unpins itself

The fight went on for a few rounds, with me beeing able to keep up a defense that was very cheap to maintain until i was able to field my first offense to score some crucial VP.

sadly that was the only early attack i was able to field befor he pushed me back into the defense with overwhelming attacks.

after some time i thought i was about to win cuz he used up his cardstack extremly quickly while i had near double of his left to draw and still my defense was wholding out fairly well and only loosing a unit here or there sometimes.

Sadly i missed the time, but this was roughly after about an hour into the game and i was still confident that i could win due to his card stack.
    As u can see i still had some nasty stuff ready.

an hour later into the fight, after a bloody and painful fight, he still had cards left due to very clever use of reserves that went back into his stack while i keept loosing more and more cards each round to his Fire sup combo.
    Sadly the server decided to disconnect me at this crucial moment. Especially since there was a marder left in my deck to deal with his priest together with overhead cover, and the engi on my hand could have helped me to kill some of his inf aswell.

although the game wasnt fully decided at this very moment, it is very likely that telesma would have won the battle due to very clever use of his reserve units.
    Once i could reconnect to the game, the timer was down already and one of his attacks went through without me beeing able to throw in a defense.

It was a damn nice game which felt completly diffrent to the usual games and we both realy enjoyed it alot.
    Im sorry to disappoint my team, but i tried my best and gave the allied atleast a tough battle

regards
    narfi

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Nice post Narfi! Also great round, this campaign looks to be promising.

Map is updated, and look at those nasty strom systems! Allies are going to have a fun round it seems. Allied commander if you be so kind as to send your attacks and deck compositions to me once you are ready.

Darkest Hour

Noooooo! I hate storm!!! By the way, nice AAR, Narfi!

wow about the weather, that could be some fatal hit for allies, especially on rainville.

glad u like my little report, wish i would have taken more screens though

Darkest Hour

One quick question....has anybody received the boosters or we get it at campaign end?

dont know, did the team leaders already send the list to tobias?

just know i didnt got anything yet, but im alright with a reward in the end, however tobias has planned on doing it

He give all the rewards after the campaign is over

Darkest Hour

Perfect,thx for quick reply.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Allied attacks are up!

Axis you must choose your defenders for the provinces of;
    St. Mare Eglise
    Ranville
    Arromanches
    Creully
    Montebourg

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

OK,why is there no Str Bomb(rain or storm) in all regions?How we can win against Probe?
    Last edited by GoshoGogov; 24-02-2012 at 20:37.

the weather was randomly generated befor ur team did decide where to attack. (kinda lucky for axis though)
    im suprised myself u guys did not take the 3 clear regions (varaville, tailleville and Quineville which all would have allowed SB) and maybe omaha to avoid some storms.

awful luck for the allies. The random weather really messed with you guys.

Also I was shocked by no omaha, Carentan is next door and the beach attacks went decently enough.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

How is randomly 5 of 5 ,kind of unlikely.There should be restrictions for dual cards for Axis next campaign like in beaches or armour restrictions in forests/towns not only to Heavy Armour(which is nonexistent in most decks anyway)

edit:Yeah if you say its random that really is very bad luck.I was under the impression that you pick the weather like some sort of DM.

Darkest Hour

Well, that makes me seriously rethink about spending some summer holidays in Normandy....

to explain the weather system a bit.

its done in an excel file via random numbers between 1 to 6, with 1,2,3 and 4 beeing sunny, 5 for storm and 6 for rain. Which is used seperatly for every region besides those that are always sunny (beaches, high VP areas)
    I did not write this myself (i think mylaan did) and i dont know for sure if M4j did change anything on it.
    But in general theres a much higher chance to have sunny weather AND allies would still have 3 clear zones+ omaha but u guys decided to attack only those with storm and rain.

remember that the weather befor and after D-day wasnt the best, so i think this represents the weather during those days decently without trying to recall the exact weather on each day/week.

Well, the chance of all 5 provinces getting bad weather is pretty low. If it is 5 and 6 only, it's 0,4% (0,33^5).

it was honestly just the worst luck I've seen.

The weather was generaled before you guys chose your attacks and marked on the map. I didnt do it after the fact. It was all there for you to see, the only problem was that every place that you needed to attack was covered in bad weather. Also when I randomized the conditions through the Excel sheet only those 5 provinces that had it, everywhere else was sunny on the map. (Though you couldnt attack them)

We might extend the campaign another round if this goes really baddly for the allies.

Edit: If we had a thread for each team, this might have worked better. since I;m not sure how the teams decide their moves.

Personally I don't think we should need to extend the game because we got bad luck. Its part of the game. I mean, everyone is acting like the allies can't win any territory now, which come on, you don't need strat to win as allies. Maybe its a bit harder, but still, thats just how it goes.

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by tvremote84 View Post
    Personally I don't think we should need to extend the game because we got bad luck. Its part of the game. I mean, everyone is acting like the allies can't win any territory now, which come on, you don't need strat to win as allies. Maybe its a bit harder, but still, thats just how it goes.
    I agree. The rules were well known when the campaign started; it´s a lot more difficult, but it´s also a challenge and forces us to be creative with our decks.

no reason to extend the campaign.
    allies choosed to attack only on bad weather for whatever reason while they could have attacked 3 clear areas + omaha and ranville to achive pretty much the same.

This is diffrent from the first try, allies are more then capable of bringing in more then just SB.decks.

PS: silentkiller clear out ur inbox a bit
    Last edited by Narfi; 24-02-2012 at 18:57.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast